Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need Advice/Critique My Skincare Routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qubeleyz

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi, from about the age of 14 I've suffered from moderate but persistent acne. However, I'm now 22 and finally no longer suffer from constant acne, save for the odd pimple here and there every couple of weeks. My main issue now is with acne scarring/pigmentation on my left cheek, blackheads, and oily skin which is also sometimes dry because of the Retin-A 0.05% Gel I've been prescribed.

My daily skincare routine is as follows:

Morning
1. Wash face with Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
2. Tone with Skinceuticals Conditioning Solution
3. Apply Skinceuticals Phloretin CF Serum
4. Apply Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturiser SPF30

Night
1. Wash face with Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
2. Tone with MD Formulations Antioxidant Spray
3. Apply Clindamycin to any pimples that are present
4. Apply Retin-A 0.05% Gel
5. Apply La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Moisturiser (the one with niacinamide, not the US version with benzoyl peroxide).

I was thinking of no longer using the Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturiser in the mornings and instead using the Skinceuticals B5 Gel, followed by sunscreen (possibly La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid)? Or should I just stick with the Cetaphil Moisturiser?

Any advice or general critique of my routine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would only change one item at a time.

Be sure to patch test everything. I usually do patch testing first on my chest (sensitive area that can be covered up.) Then I go to my forehead as I have bangs.

It is important to wear a good sunscreen. I am not familiar with the Cetaphil spf 30. What are the active ingredients? I do like LRP SS and most likely that has better UVA protection. The high UVA protection will help fade any pigmentation issues.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I keep on being amazed at how few years women have between the "acne stage" of their lives and worrying about wrinkles. It's really only about 10-15 years from the end of acne to the beginning of wrinkles. Neutral

5% products discount

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I keep on being amazed at how few years women have between the "acne stage" of their lives and worrying about wrinkles. It's really only about 10-15 years from the end of acne to the beginning of wrinkles. Neutral

Or you're like me, worrying about acne and wrinkles at the same time Confused

Whatever you do, make sure your sunscreen has a great PA rating and keep on with Retin A.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
lagay wrote:
Quote:

Or you're like me, worrying about acne and wrinkles at the same time Confused

Whatever you do, make sure your sunscreen has a great PA rating and keep on with Retin A.

I think I had a couple of good years (no acne) in my twenties.

Yes, I do need to worry about possible breakouts and wrinkles.

Upgrading sunscreen is always a good idea.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Using the antioxidant spray in the morning would give you more sun protection, I think. Doesnt antioxidant protect skin against sun?
Vitamin C does give a boost in this direction, I think. It doesnt affect having to wear spf, but optimises.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |