Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Best peel for shrinking pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:40 am      Reply with quote
I am 55 and wonder that would be the best peel for shrinking pores and of course ageing?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
You can do few things for your pores: Apply tomato juice on your skin with cotton for about 20 minutes; also you can apply whipped egg white mixed with a little lemon which also improves skin tone and complexion; or simply rub an ice cube wrapped in a cloth over the offending area.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
OP,

Have you thought about doing an AHA peel?
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think any peel would do a good job for shrinking pores and of course ageing.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried a lactic acid peel (its more like a mask since it doesnt peel off the skin just exfoliates and freshens)?]

http://cellbone.com/Lactic40peel.htm
Or you can easily DIY.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I have had the same problem and finally found my solution this year! I adore a cheap peel you can buy on etsy for not much money from a store called Lunasea. It is called 10 minute Clarifying gel mask with 2% salicylic acid.
I used to use glycolic acid and lactic peels but I found they made my skin very red and irritated.
This mask you just throw on for 10 mins then wash off and pores will be shrunk, wrinkles reduced and your overall complexion will look brighter.
I like it cause it is only natural ingredients, nothing like parabens or other stuff that will give you cancer plus it is cheap and it does not leave me red. It tingles when I put it on but in a good way and then when I wash it off, I look radiant. This is my HG so I am sure it will work for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
zoebig wrote:
I dont think any peel would do a good job for shrinking pores and of course ageing.

Regular exfoliation, among other things, does help to minimize the appearance of pores.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Zelda Smile There are a few things you can do to minimize pores. Make sure that you thoroughly clean your face of any make-up at night before bedtime. Any dirt on the face will clog the pores. Use a good serum at night to replenish and take care of the skin... A sunscreen of at least 30 SPF or more is so important to keep the skin from the damaging rays of the sun. At least 1x a month, use some peels to renew and rid of dead skin cells. I personally use Pumpkin Enzyme Peel every 2 weeks and even recommended to friends. Good luck! Smile
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Zelda, you can buy a Perfect Image peel from ebay and amazon. They do a 20% Saclicylic Acid Peel enhanced with Tea Tree oil, and also a TCA 15% enhanced with 5% salicylic. You may find other brands slightly cheaper, but do not go above a 20% salicylic on your first go round. The salicylic is a bha, which works fast, and this is the acid that dissolves oil to clear out your pores. As your skin peels you will see an improvement in fine lines and a more even tone to your skin.
Read the instructions VERY carefully, this is an aggressive treatment. Err on caution initially - I only left the peel on for a few minutes then immediately neutralised with baking Soda, even though there was no frosting, I still had an even peel a few days later. Now I may leave it on a little longer, neutralising the frosty bits as they come up, but still haven't had the guts to layer, as some people do! There is a lot of info on acid peels here on the forum.
These peels sting, a lot; on the second or third day your skin will look tight and shiney, and the third day your face will peel. You will not be Looking your best! But after a week, your skin will look great.
I do a peel 3 times a year.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:43 am      Reply with quote
If you are not familiar with peels, I would not recommend a strong chemical peel like a TCA peel for you to start. A peel of 5% concentration would be ideal if you are new at this. I personally use Pumpkin Enzyme peel and would highly recommend to friends. It comes in 5% concentration too. Of course, before using any peels, read instructions carefully. When using enzyme peels, make a patch test first. If no irritation, apply with a brush and leave for 3 minutes. You will feel a little sting and the product smells "divine" like pumpkin. After washing your face, you will see a "glow". Apply your favorite cream or serum after.... Do this every 2 weeks and in no time, you will see difference in your skin...Good luck! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |