Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Good moisturizer for dry but VERY clog prone skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MooseMe

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I have been having quite a hard time finding a good moisturizer that is both moisturizing enough and yet doesn't clog my skin. I have tried Argan Oil and it clogged my skin I've tried Hope In A Jar for Dry skin and it clogged it (although cignificantly less than the argan) and the Bobbi Brown Intense Night Cream which I don't recall clogging my pores but I went through it too quickly for $60 and currently I'm using Paula's Choice Moisture Boost cream and it's clogging me although still less than argan oil. Oh and I've tried the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Moisturizing mask which made my skin look so freaking healthy but clogged my skin the absolute worst out of anything!
My current routine is

AM
Splash with water
Paula's Choice 2% BHA (LOVE)
Clinique Even Better SPF 20 Cream (Been using for a while and it hasn't ever seemed to cause clogging)

PM
Paula's Choice Clear Cleanser and Clarisonic
Paula's Choice 2% BHA
Paula's Choice Resist Retinol
Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Moisturizer

I'm just looking for a new moisturizer for the night time as I feel everything else really works for my skin but it can be quite drying (but I need it all to keep my skin clear...I've tried narrowing it down and it just doesn't work) so I need something pretty moisturizing. Sorry for the long post :/ Thanks in advance!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I get congested skin and whiteheads too if I dont cleanse AM and PM! My skin needs the gentle exfoliation of a muslin cloth and X-Trap+ cleanser twice a day. The Clarisonic was too harsh for me and made things worse I think.

Clinique is notorious for pore-clogging ingredients. Have you tried just using some macadamia or grapeseed oil (organic and cold-pressed only) on damp skin instead of all the rest?

Silicones are pore-cloggers too, so using a sunscreen without them and just some mineral makeup might make a diff to you. Check the ingreds in PC products - she seems to be heavy on the silicones for some reason. Good luck!

5% products discount

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi MooseMe, I'm in the same predicament! I have been struggling with breakouts and dry skin for quite awhile. It is the worst!

I've recently started using CereVe PM moisturizer and like it quite a bit. It's very light, but really does seem to quench my skin, which often feels parched. I can't say definitively whether it will not cause breakouts or clogged skin, but it does have niacinamide which is supposed to be good for acne and anti-aging. Reasonably priced too!
MooseMe

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I get congested skin and whiteheads too if I dont cleanse AM and PM! My skin needs the gentle exfoliation of a muslin cloth and X-Trap+ cleanser twice a day. The Clarisonic was too harsh for me and made things worse I think.

Clinique is notorious for pore-clogging ingredients. Have you tried just using some macadamia or grapeseed oil (organic and cold-pressed only) on damp skin instead of all the rest?

Silicones are pore-cloggers too, so using a sunscreen without them and just some mineral makeup might make a diff to you. Check the ingreds in PC products - she seems to be heavy on the silicones for some reason. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply! I know I really should cleanse AM and PM I just get lazy some days and I really plan on working on that! haha! I have found that most of the clarisonic brush heads are a little too much for me but for some reason the deep pore head one works really well so I've just stuck with it and I can see a big difference in my skin when I quit using it (and not in a good way) I really want to try the grapeseed oil because I've heard wonderful things about it but I have also read that it does clog some people...I guess I should just go ahead and try it though :) and yes Paula really likes her some silicones which I think is what's clogging me in the Moisture Boost moisturizer so I really want to replace it asap! Thanks again for your reply! :)
MooseMe

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Beehive wrote:
Hi MooseMe, I'm in the same predicament! I have been struggling with breakouts and dry skin for quite awhile. It is the worst!

I've recently started using CereVe PM moisturizer and like it quite a bit. It's very light, but really does seem to quench my skin, which often feels parched. I can't say definitively whether it will not cause breakouts or clogged skin, but it does have niacinamide which is supposed to be good for acne and anti-aging. Reasonably priced too!

It's a tough predicament we're in huh? Haha I've looked into the CereVe PM and I saw that it did tend to clog some people and so that kind of scared me away from it but for the cheap price that it is it may be worth it for me to just go ahead and try it huh? haha Thank you so much for your reply :)
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
OP,

If you're really ambitious, you could try making your own moisturizers.
MooseMe

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
OP,

If you're really ambitious, you could try making your own moisturizers.

I'm not sure I'm up for that! Haha thank you for the suggestion though! :)
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I give a hearty 2nd to the Cerave PM.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote
If you try something new, be sure to patch test in a small area first.

I do have the CeraVe PM and it is quite light. It absorbs quickly. Suitable for sensitive skin. It contains niacinamide (can be a problem for sensitive skin - flushing) ceramides and hyaluronic acid.

The other CeraVe moisturizers are heavier and bland. My son got samples of the CeraVe cream from the derm.

You might want to try another oil. The argan oil is great for hair but I would not use it on facial skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:33 am      Reply with quote
It might be possible that the Clarisonic brush is causing problems. I do know that people do love it and also a lot of people cannot use it.

I do see other posts on other skin care forums that while at first the brush seemed great; after a month or two people's facial skin was worst.

You could try eliminating one item at a time from your routine to see if that helps. I would start with the Clarisonic brush. Many people use a soft washcloth (used only once and then in the laundry). I also have muslin cloths from the Body Shop that I do use once in a while for nightly cleaning.

Also if the Bobby Brown night cream worked; what is the ingredients? Can you find something similar?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |