Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
NuFace: new Creme Primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I was looking about the net and found that NuFace has a (new?) Creme Primer. Seems to contain cetyl alcohol and sodium chloride, but also has parabens I think.

I found the gel primer to break me out. I would have tried this one but I am really turned off by the parabens as I know my skin absorbs stuff very well. And the NuFace increases product penetration...why would I want to increase paraben penetration into my skin?

Disappointed. I will stick with my Aloe 80 Organics Gel.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Agree, I hate to push junk into my skin. Why would you want to push aloe into your skin tho? Its been shown to cause DNA damage to skin in UV light. Maybe use it at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Agree, I hate to push junk into my skin. Why would you want to push aloe into your skin tho? Its been shown to cause DNA damage to skin in UV light. Maybe use it at night.

Well I need to use something for the Nuface. I'm not sure what is up with Aloe. I've read it helps build collagen, and then I read stuff like this where people say it is bad (by the way I am not sure but wouldnt UV light in itself cause damage)?

My thought is Aloe cant be much worse than anything else we put on the the skin, but if anyone has a good idea for what to use with the Nuface instead I am all ears!

I usually wash my face after the Nu Face anyways.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Aloe *ENHANCES* the effect of UV rays on the skin. Enhances free radical formation and DNA degradation.
Washing it off after its pushed into the skin doesnt really help.

You might try using an HEC serum like GoW for the device instead. It would also be very easy to make a simple HEC serum without the preservative if you are going to use it up within a few days too.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7495949/7724684.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Aloe *ENHANCES* the effect of UV rays on the skin. Enhances free radical formation and DNA degradation.
Washing it off after its pushed into the skin doesnt really help.

You might try using an HEC serum like GoW for the device instead. It would also be very easy to make a simple HEC serum without the preservative if you are going to use it up within a few days too.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7495949/7724684.htm

that stuff sounds interesting! i wonder if it would make me break out.

Aloe actually does makes my skin a little unhappy sometimes. It actually gets a little red in response so I am willing to try something else. That stuff does look expensive but I guess I can be more sparing in application. These days I dont use my NuFace every day (I am slacking LOL) anyway.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |