Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Indented Stretch Marks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zulema

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I realize there is a stretch mark for derma-rolling thread, but none which talk about indentation of stretch marks.

My question regards pitted/indented stretchmarks...

1. Who has had success with a dermaroller for this type of stretchmarks?

2. What kind of results did you get (i.e did they fill in, did they not?) ? How long?

3. Pictures would be nice---all I read about are people who have problems with the appearance of stretch marks but not with indentation (which if you have them) know that they are not very visible until you get into harsh lighting/sunlight.

I have rolled my stomach once (1.5,Ret A, Vit C) if dermarolling does not help, I would like to know to discontinue and try something else.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if you saw my posts on the "wrinkle patches" and "sleep lines" threads about using ScarAway pads as night time wrinkle pads but while I was researching those for use for wrinkles, I looked at several other types of scar pads as well. I remember a reviewer somewhere saying that the Cica Care silicone gel sheeting helped to raise indented scars. If it can raise indented scars, it makes sense that it can raise indented stretch marks.

Cica Care Gel Sheets

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi zulema.

All my posts about stretchmark treatment relate to striae, or indented rips in the skin.

I have dermarolled extensively for a long period of time, and used massage and oils, I have had a very large degree of skin regeneration success and filling in off the indentations.

I still have further to go.

My experience of these skin issues, combined with ly experience of silicone strips leads me to advise you without hesitation to save your money, dont waste your time there..just invest in some dermarollers.

Go to the owndoc website and forum for concise info.

Good luck! Just begin, then continue..the only way you can avoid progress is by stopping!
Zulema

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I appreciate your time to answer this post. I will continue to dermaroll and see if this helps.

I would like to add for others with this problem, after my first roll, I see no improvement with indentation.

I do see an improvement with the appearance of my stretchmarks, but as soon as I get into harsh lighting you can see the grooves.

my next roll is in December.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I thought all stretch marks were basically indented? No?

In any case, as Catski mentioned, the owndoc forums has lots of info. They recommend using single needles or single line rollers for this type of situation. You can use the single needles to get into the depth of the indentation a bit better, rather than just rolling on the "shoulders" of the SM (hope that makes sense).

Keep in mind, results come over many months, not immediately.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
On the days your skin has healed from rolling begin microfiber cloth exfoliation everyday.

Uptake on vitamin c (nettle leaf,oranges,etc) and silica(horsetail,diatomaceous earth).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Zulema, I absolutely understand where you are coming from on this. It was my dream to become a professional belly dancer but when I was pregnant with my daughter I gained some stretch marks on my stomach. Not wanting to give up on my dream I have searched and searched for a way to get rid of them.

I have used the own doc single needles, copper peptides, hydroxy acids, retin a, vitamin c serum, body brushing, exfoliation etc. The list goes on.

Question: After all this are they better? Answer: The appearance might be slightly but they are still indented.

Stretch Marks are by definition a tear in the dermis (The middle layer of skin.) The reason why they appear indented is because the epidermis (The top layer of the skin) is still intact so it droops over the canyon in the dermis. I say droops because an epidermis with no dermis underneath will have no elasticity. It will therefore droop over the canyon and reveal the dermal tear even more.

The point I am trying to make is this, if you want the stretch mark to be raised you would have to somehow get the pieces of torn dermal skin to stick back together which would by definition get rid of the stretch mark all together.

So there you have it: The truth about stretch marks. People will try to sell you things which claim to get rid of the stretch marks or reduce their appearance but unless it is something that somehow erases the scar tissue on either side of the tear of the dermis and sticks each side back together then you can be guaranteed that it will not work.

"Reducing the appearance of stretch marks" basically means stimulating collagen and skin renewal in the epidermis and as I have just explained, this is not where the problem lies. It will not even fix the problem of the epidermis having poor elasticity; only having an intact dermis underneath can do this.

What I have said above is not something which many people will tell you either because it is hard to accept that such scars will always be there or because the person stands to profit from your belief that there must be something that will raise them or make them go away.

Honestly, if you want my opinion, the thing which currently stands the most chance of getting rid of them is visualisation! Anything else is just hype!

Sorry to sound blunt but I want you to know this. I don't think it is fair how much money is made out of people being told that if they buy this cream or have this treatment done they may be able to get rid of the stretch marks or at least reduce them. Lord knows how much I have spent already...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |