Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My visia skin analysis results :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I did a visia skin analysis and here are my results
Spots - 94%
Wrinkles -88%
Texture - 87%
Pores - 93%
UV Spots - 3%
Brown Spots - 97%
Porphyrins - 1%

As you can see, I did very poorly for UV spots and Porphyrins. I am very shocked with my results regarding UV spots because I wear a zinc oxide sunscreen everyday and I use an anti oxidant serum in the morning. Are the results accurate? I am wondering if I should change to a different sunscreen.
Any suggestions? Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I think those two categories are not percentages, rather actual numbers. In which case, those are great results!
Congrats!

Eta: hmmm...it seems they have changed the way things are being reported from when I last had this done, so it might actually be percentages. I would definitely double check that, though. Especially since it seems that the new method does not (?) have a category labeled "porphyrins".
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Visia results reporting has changed over the years, and they can vary from doctor to doctor. Sometimes the results are percentages, and sometimes they are counts. See the FAQ section called "which data display option is best..."

http://www.canfieldsci.com/imaging_systems/facial_systems/VISIA_Complexion_Analysis/VISIA_Photo_Gallery/VISIA_FAQ.html

Based on the above, Bacchus is totally correct that the 2 low areas are counts because those are not available as percentages. So you did AWESOME!

Btw, I have found that the people administering the test usually know next to nothing on how to read the reports. Rolling Eyes
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Faeriedust, your signature says you are 23 years old but your results say you have 88% wrinkles?!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
Faeriedust, your signature says you are 23 years old but your results say you have 88% wrinkles?!

Her results say that she performed better than 88% of people her age/skin type in the wrinkle category, so she has less wrinkles than most people.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:15 am      Reply with quote
This has to be the most worthless
test in human history and i wouldnt
be sad about a worthless test that doesnt even count the face as a whole.

Anyway,testing is useless because treatments are certain and dont change:diet,exercise,topical etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Is this something a dermatologist would do and insurance would pay for? Don't really know what it is, frankly. Is it one of those black and white photos where you look like your face is covered in freckles when you don't have any visible?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Is this something a dermatologist would do and insurance would pay for?

Some spas do it for free.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Btw, I have found that the people administering the test usually know next to nothing on how to read the reports. Rolling Eyes

Interesting.

Why do you suppose that such a knowledge deficit exists?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
bethany wrote:

Interesting.

Why do you suppose that such a knowledge deficit exists?

Lack of training and/or interest.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
im 26 actually. i have not updated my profile for years.

okay what a relief! the person told me the lower the percentages the worst my results are. the report even indicated so, so im kinda confused.

i googled and everywhere seems to say the lower the % the poorer the results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
im 26 actually. i have not updated my profile for years.

okay what a relief! the person told me the lower the percentages the worst my results are. the report even indicated so, so im kinda confused.

i googled and everywhere seems to say the lower the % the poorer the results.

But does the report actually say that the UV Spots and Porphyrins are percentiles? Is there a "%" there? Did you read the link Bethany provided? Scroll down to "Which data display option is best for our practice to use? " and read the differences in reporting options.

As Bethany said, UV Spots and Porphyrins are not reported as percentiles; they are reported as an actual count number (I'm assuming "feature counts").
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
yea there is a % to UV spots and porphyrins. It doesn't specify if it's a percentile or the counts.

I read the link Bethany provided. I guess it should be correct. So what the person told me is incorrect. I ended up buying the products she recommended, thinking my skin is really that damaged. I'll have to compare with the imagining when I get home. I wore makeup during the analysis.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Hi
yea there is a % to UV spots and porphyrins. It doesn't specify if it's a percentile or the counts.

I read the link Bethany provided. I guess it should be correct. So what the person told me is incorrect. I ended up buying the products she recommended, thinking my skin is really that damaged. I'll have to compare with the imagining when I get home. I wore makeup during the analysis.

Thanks!

Definitely compare the results to the imaging.

Keep in mind that the person that advised you could be wrong OR distorting results just to sell more product. Sad
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Percentiles are given only for texture, wrinkles, spots (not UV spots) and pores. I had no numbers for UV spots, Brown Spots, Red areas and Porphyrins.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I just looked at the imaging. The UV spots and Porphyrins are alot. Mainly at my nose and cheek. They are in clusters whereas the others are literally random spots scattered all over. Crying or Very sad

okay if u look at that image, mine is exactly like that for the UV spots and more for the porphyrins.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 am      Reply with quote
If you were wearing makeup, the results will be a little off. And if you have any shimmer in your products, that will show up as porphyrins.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:41 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I just looked at the imaging. The UV spots and Porphyrins are alot. Mainly at my nose and cheek. They are in clusters whereas the others are literally random spots scattered all over. Crying or Very sad

okay if u look at that image, mine is exactly like that for the UV spots and more for the porphyrins.

Well if your images look exactly the same as these yet your numbers are so different from those shown, isn't that proof enough that what bethany et al are telling you is most likely right? That the two low scores of your results should be counts not percentages.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:52 am      Reply with quote
The cluster of UV spots from the imaging seem a lot to only amount to 3%.

If you look at this blog, the girl has 97% UV spots but her imagining shows few UV spots. 2nd picture 2nd row.

http://joeychong.com/2012/05/17/come-experience-the-dfs-galleria-beauty-concierge-with-me/

Anyway it doesn't matter. Maybe the person selected the wrong measure of data. So my UV spots are much higher than what the figure implies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Even if they are actually percentile scores, I'd say there has to be some flaw in procedure or reporting. From a logical standpoint it makes NO SENSE that you would be in the 3rd percentile for UV spots if you've been using any kind of sunscreen. Those at the bottom of this pile (the ones who are *truly* in the 3rd percentile) are most likely outside all day and use NO protection whatsoever. And have been doing that for years.

What is the sunscreen that you use?

As for porphyrins, I wouldn't even worry about that score. It can easily be influenced by any bit of lint or speck of dust, dirt, makeup on your face.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
yea i think there must be something wrong with the results as well. i wanted to ask my bf who doesnt use a sunscreen at all and my sister who uses a chemical sunscreen to do the skin analysis. but both refused.
i have been using terrasport zinc oxide sunscreen and ive used other zinc oxide sunscreen over the past year like burnout, devita etc.
im thinking of switching to a japanese sunscreen and taking the analysis in a few months time.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |