Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial Structure widening
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hars99
5% products discount

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ,
I am 27 yrs old n 5' 2.5 " tall. I have fairly narrow face structure and small body frame. I have been looking for natural way to widen my face for a while and came across flex effect and facercise. I practiced facercise's face widener for around 6 months and it toned my muscles and i did feel that my facial structure improved to certain extend. But not what i wanted. Can anyone help me or introduce me to such program which target facials structure improvement.

Thanks

ps. I am new to this forum so I am not sure if this is right section to post this questions
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
OK your face's bone structure sort of sets the "tone" for how wide your face can be. So if your cheekbones are not wide, you will not be able to make your upper face wider than it is. As an example, Wissam Al Mana, Janet Jackson's hubby has a naturally narrow and long face:

He cannot expect to be able to change it to look like Nick Lachey's for example which is almost square:

However, I do believe you can build your jaw muscles and make your lower face looks a little wider, if you have a heart shaped face, say.

I went to school with a girl who chewed gum a lot and she had a squarish jaw that I always suspected was because of that. I didn't really like it on her as it made her otherwise soft face look hard. When I once suggested the idea of chewing as perhaps a good way to create a square jaw, folks thought I was crazy so I sort of laid off suggesting it. However, about a month ago, I "met" a lady on RealSelf.com who actually has tested this theory herself and developed a rather masculine looking jaw. She had to stop and change her exercising to create the shape she wanted. She tried to suggest a chewing exercise to a naysayer who seemed to just find excuses not to try it. (You can take a donkey to the river but you can't make it drink Exclamation )

So perhaps could give the exercise a shot if having a wide lower face/jaw is what you're hoping for. This was the exercise she suggested:

Quote:
To make your masseter bigger all you need do is empty a packet of chewing gum into your mouth and then spend half an hour chewing it with the right side. Then get a fresh packet of chewing gum, pop it into your mouth and then spend half an hour chewing it on the left side. Do this, say three times a day, in two months you will notice a significant difference in the size of your jaw. Alternatively, chew rare steak, or a very hard chewy raw vegetable. Do this regularly. It will have the same effect. Make sure when you are doing this you fatigue the muscle. This will stimulate growth. But you need to be consistent and show commitment. Don't just do for 2 days and then claim it did not work.

Please don't knock it till you try it. I actually got to see the overdeveloped jaw she got from this so I confirmed I wasn't completely off the mark with the conclusion I made in my teens about chewing.

Anyway, I added a suggestion to the exercise: that drinking pop/soda with the gum in your mouth would make the gum harder to chew and therefore would give you an even harder workout. But perhaps start off easy (no soda). You don't want to hurt your jaw joint.

In any case, I do hope you are doing a complete face exercise program even if you may "bootcamp" your jaw with this chewing exercise. Reason I say this is you will be disappointed with the results if not all your face muscles are in good shape. While I never really did have a narrow face, my dedication to a full program continues to surprise me by the subtle changes it continues to make to my face, even making my not so skinny face a touch fuller. Even when I think my face is at its best, I seem to find a new change that happened gradually without me realizing it. In other words, sticking to a full program will be more rewarding in the long run. And because you are starting while so young, you may be able to hold onto the mass you have now for longer so that while you may think your face is narrow now, in a few years, compared to your peers, you will think differently because you maintained the mass with exercise.

Best wishes....
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
3 Letters for you gal - N.C.R. - Thats NeuroCranialRestructuring. Had my first session in September and it is AMAZING. Will reset your face to how it was originally designed to be. Check it out.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
3 Letters for you gal - N.C.R. - Thats NeuroCranialRestructuring. Had my first session in September and it is AMAZING. Will reset your face to how it was originally designed to be. Check it out.

I was researching for this.So the timing is a bit scary.

Here is a guy with some before and after pics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/endonasal/sets/72157633278595903/

He has a website that shows how to DIY facial restructuring by ussing finger cot,ballon,sphyngmeter and pressure!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
He has a website that shows how to DIY facial restructuring by ussing finger cot,ballon,sphyngmeter and pressure!!!

I know the website you mean. I was actually thinking about trying it myself before I had my first professional NCR treatment. Having had NCR done professionally now I can say that there is more to it than just the nose thing. The nose thing is crucial but Dr Howell spends most of the session using his own formulation of release techniques before going for the nose. These techniques do seem to be of significant importance in encouraging your body to change.

Am sure many people are tempted to try DIY with NCR because of the cost of having it done professionally but were something to go wrong then you could end up doing some damage e.g. my chiropractor said that if the balloon were to burst then you could do significant damage to your sinuses. Also bear in mind that the guy who has written the website you linked has actually had NCR done professionally first.

Sorry I hope I don't come across as a finger wagger its just I know how tempting it can be to try DIY things even though there are risks and particularly when the results look so good.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moon

I hear you with that last paragraph particularly as have been foolish with something like that before and am so glad you are speaking up saying something similar to me. I haven’t had NCR done, but it looks like quite a complex thing to me and looking at Dr Howell’s site, I can see its quite substantial. Have you had a lot of success with that and foregone doing Tanaka etc?
Moon wrote:
I know the website you mean. I was actually thinking about trying it myself before I had my first professional NCR treatment. Having had NCR done professionally now I can say that there is more to it than just the nose thing. The nose thing is crucial but Dr Howell spends most of the session using his own formulation of release techniques before going for the nose. These techniques do seem to be of significant importance in encouraging your body to change.

Am sure many people are tempted to try DIY with NCR because of the cost of having it done professionally but were something to go wrong then you could end up doing some damage e.g. my chiropractor said that if the balloon were to burst then you could do significant damage to your sinuses. Also bear in mind that the guy who has written the website you linked has actually had NCR done professionally first.

Sorry I hope I don't come across as a finger wagger its just I know how tempting it can be to try DIY things even though there are risks and particularly when the results look so good.
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hehe. Yeah and it's not only limited to things which have obvious risks either. Even gadgets specifically designed for at-home use have caused me problems I need to correct. Only this time I think I will go to a professional instead of trying to do it myself in case I cause more problems.

Anyway I have had success with NCR in the sense that it has made my face more symmetrical (which is what I wanted). My face is naturally quite wide so I do not think things will change much in this area.

Tanaka is (as far as I am aware) a method of massage designed to promote lymphatic drainage in the face. NCR's main aim is to work on returning the structure of the skull and entire body to how it was originally designed to be. In this sense NCR and Tanaka are not interchangeable therapies. I do not believe there is any technique that is interchangeable with NCR. You may be able to go to a surgeon for him to straighten out your nose but your face would still be twisted. Whereas NCR untwists everything in the body and the effect will be a natural straightening out of the nose.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
Hehe. Yeah and it's not only limited to things which have obvious risks either. Even gadgets specifically designed for at-home use have caused me problems I need to correct. Only this time I think I will go to a professional instead of trying to do it myself in case I cause more problems.

Anyway I have had success with NCR in the sense that it has made my face more symmetrical (which is what I wanted). My face is naturally quite wide so I do not think things will change much in this area.

Tanaka is (as far as I am aware) a method of massage designed to promote lymphatic drainage in the face. NCR's main aim is to work on returning the structure of the skull and entire body to how it was originally designed to be. In this sense NCR and Tanaka are not interchangeable therapies. I do not believe there is any technique that is interchangeable with NCR. You may be able to go to a surgeon for him to straighten out your nose but your face would still be twisted. Whereas NCR untwists everything in the body and the effect will be a natural straightening out of the nose.

There must be a method interchangeable to NCR.
Because it is all about breaking the fibrous tissues through the nasal passages using air pressure .

When the fibrous tissues are being broken ,the skull has a chance to put itself in its original shape.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Panoslydios Im not quite sure I understand what you mean. Please explain further.

NCR utilises balloons to open up the sphenoid bone which resets everything thus causing the bones to move. Only opening up the sphenoid bone will cause these profound effects to occur. Thus NCR is not interchangeable.
hars99
5% products discount

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
OK your face's bone structure sort of sets the "tone" for how wide your face can be. So if your cheekbones are not wide, you will not be able to make your upper face wider than it is. As an example, Wissam Al Mana, Janet Jackson's hubby has a naturally narrow and long face:
However, I do believe you can build your jaw muscles and make your lower face looks a little wider, if you have a heart shaped face, say.
In any case, I do hope you are doing a complete face exercise program even if you may "bootcamp" your jaw with this chewing exercise. Reason I say this is you will be disappointed with the results if not all your face muscles are in good shape.
Best wishes....

Sorry for delayed response.
Actually as I said, I have narrow facial structure meaning narrow checkbones n also my whole body structure is weak too because of that my face comes across as childish and highly annoyed by it. I have searched everywhere for natural ways for widening my body especially face for years but nothing comes out except facercise n some other facial improvement programs n they too focus on toning n narrowing face.
But thanks a ton for all suggestions. I will definitely try chewing gum technique.I am ordering official Ultimate facecise dvd soon to see if I am doing face widener exercise in there, correctly. Hope to see some results quickly.
hars99
5% products discount

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:

Hi Moon....Thats Great that you are getting desired results from NCR!
I looked it up and found several images that suggest , facial improvement to great extent. But I am looking only for natural ways to widen my face which seems to be very rare...even though I am still hopeful.
Thanks for response though.
hars99
5% products discount

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:53 am      Reply with quote
BTW can someone explain what NCR...is it surgical procedure or some kind of massage that restructure your face.... and how long is the procedure and are there any side effects..i m bit confused about it.

Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |