Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Mabsy's Choice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy

I've been searching through the forum and different reviews you have done for eye cream but there is so many, I cant keep up. Can you tell us, in you opinion, what is the best eye cream you have come across and why Smile
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cindi,
I am not Mabsy, but I was searching for an eye cream reviews on EDS about two month ago. I am pretty sure Mabsy likes Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream. I bought it based on Mabsy's reviews and do not regret it a single bit. This is so far the best eye cream I have ever used. It gives me enought moisture for the whole day and at the same time it is non-greasy and sinks in right away. I it. And I also can't thank enough Mabsy for giving nice reviews about this eye cream.
I also had a sample of Murad Essential C Eye Cream SPF 15 and I personally did not like it. I found it to be not enought moisturizing for me. The only thing I liked about it is that it comes with SPF.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi kpka thanks for the reply. Im always searching for the perfect eye cream. I dont think I will ever be satisfied. Im using Okusil at the moment and its only been three weeks and I will see it through to the end but Im getting itchy feet already. How old are you if you dont mind me asking. What are you concerns are the eyes.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am 28. I have been using Shiseido' eye creams up untill now when I started noticing few lines under my eyes. I decided that I need to change my routine and started to look for another eye cream. I do not have significant puffiness or discoloration under my eyes yet so I can not tell you how much Cellcosmet will help you if this is one of your concerns. I use Vivier Vitamin C serum (5%) under Cellcosmet and I like the combination. My few lines under eyes are still there but I think they are less visible and hopefully I am preventing others to come.
My mom is currently using JB prep, ADCE and okusil. She tried my Cellcosmet eye cream for a few days and liked it enoght for me to place an order for her last week. She likes her face to be moisturized at all times. She often reapplies creams in the middle of the day just to keep her face from drying. I guess she also found Cellcosmet standing up to her moisture standard enough to order it.
Hope it helps.
Also I remember Babor's eye cream getting good reviews. It is in the back of my mind, but I am still in love with Cellcosmet.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
So she uses the cellcosmet over the Okusil? Im wondering if I need it to, I think I'm a bit dry, I know my chin is drying out but it might be the microfoliant.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
She uses Cellcosmet over Okusil. I think in the beginning when she started using JB products she did not need any additional eye cream, but now she feels she needs some cream on top.
Cindi, I also use microfoliant and I find it also drying on my combination/dry skin on every day bases. I think I will only use it 2-3X a week from now on.
Mabsy

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed

Cindi - my fave is still the Cellcosmet (glad you and your mum like it as well kpka!). I am yet to find anything better. I also really like the Babor Sensantional Eyes cream and the Murad Essential-C with SPF for day use. Like kpka, I use the creams over a vit C serum.

The one eye cream that I still really want to try (ok, there isn't just one but this one has been haunting me Smile) is the Orlane Oligo Cooling Balm. I've had my eye on it for ages but since I have a few full size eye creams/gels at home, I don't want to get the full size at the moment. EDS was out of samples of this one as well the last time I placed an order.

Re: Okusil. I have not used this for any extended period of time in the past (my mum has). I have just started using it 'regularly' a few days ago and plan to stick with it for a while. I have in the past used CSRx Eye Bright serum which I had to put cream over because it wasn't moisturising enough. I have this tendency (good or bad) to put eye creams over gel-type eye treatments anyway because I want to keep the eye area well moisturised (I'm in air-con all day).
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Which Cellcosmet for eyes, there is 3, and bloody hell, they aren't cheap...... Shock
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I know Mabsy is talking about the Cellcosmet eye contour cream.... but that ultra gel stuff looks pretty good - has anyone tried it????
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Wow, its £91. How can anyone justify the price. Hey, if it was guaranteed I'd be there cause it would be cheaper in the long run. But nothing seems to work. I definately need a cream over the Okusil on the orbital area, Ive got criss crosses there now, Im sure its "parched" thoughnot flakey or sore. CRISS CROSSES, I'll be able to embroider my name on it soon. Crying or Very sad
angelwhip
5% products discount

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Cellcosmet eye creme since i received the trial kit last Thursday, and i have seen a big difference in that area...........Liz
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
katee- I don't know how sensitive you are, but the Cellcosmet Eye Countour Gel-XT Phyto Gel gave me millia, which I don't usually get. So far only the Cellcosmet (granted, I haven't tried the other two)and Caudalie have caused it for me. I'm sure it's okay for most everyone else,but it seemed kind of drying to me and actually made some fine lines visible I didn't even know I had, although I keep it around just in case I have a rare case of massively puffy eyes from a late night out. If that happens, I'll just make sure that after using it once or twice I wash my eyes with DHS or baby shampoo for a week to get rid of the newly forming millia. It worked for the Caudalie, anyway! That's just my own subjective experience with it. I have a bottle of it sitting in my bathroom which has only been used 5 times and isn't likely to be used again, which makes me sad. Sad

On the plus side, though, I ordered some of the Orlane cooling eye balm that's on it's way now (I got it through a distributor on Amazon.com on sale for $39!), and I do really like the Murad Essential-C which has become a staple. Very Happy
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Shock

Ok, I'm gonna have to join Cindi in going OMG! HOW MUCH IS THE CELLCOSMET?!?!

Then again, if it did anything for dark circles, I might just have to investigate Laughing

The reasonably priced Murad is looking kinda fine though... Think
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I really want the Cellcosmet, but I don't think I can do it, despite ENCOURAGEMENT from cindibloke. I'm looking at the Orlane too. Im as confused now as I was with the Vitamin C. Im really unhappy about my cross stitching. For now while I decide I have the Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster so I will concentrate on those poor haggard areas and keep fingers crossed Sad
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
hmm Cindi, doesn't your Okusil or AlphaDerma work on your cross-stitching?

(I'm not gonna say ANYTHING about the Cellcosment cos knowing you you'll just buy it if you just so even suspect that I don't approve Rolling Eyes ) Wink
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think the Okusil is addressing this issue, it seems a little more obvious now than it was a few weeks ago. Maybe they are drying me out. Im prepared to put a cream over when necessary. Mind I'm STILL waiting for my Vitamin C so that may make the difference but I get the impression some people find it drying.... Confused

And of course I wouldnt buy it if I thought it would upset you Bad Grin Drool
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi, please explain to thick me about your criss-crosses again. I'm hmm cos I thought the Okusil was meant for lines and stuff?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Its not working on mine.

under my eyes, i have fine lines and the beginning of mega suitcases. In my cheek/orbital bone I seem to have diagonal lines going both ways forming criss crosses. Im hoping its dehydration and something can sort it out. The Okusil hasnt done anything so far but its only been three weeks. Im losing faith but will perceviere.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Has the Okusil helped with ANYTHING in the three weeks?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I guess thats a no. maybe i just need a moisturiser on top.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Think maybe it just needs more time to start doing its do...?

Is it just around the eyes that your drying out? I'm hoping the other JB stuff is working well for you and no dryness? Pray
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh - well thank you for that rusalka.... I have a tendency to form milia so that really is a major heads up for me. Actually, the product I was eyeballing was the Cellcosmet ULTRA eye complex....
It's weird - I didn't have any lines under my eyes before. I would get dark circles from lack of sleep, but since I knew they would subside when I did rest, I wasn't terribly concerned.
I've started using the skin prep, alpha derma and okusil.... I'm pretty happy with the results from the prep and alpha derma, but it seems that since I've been using the okusil, there's a some kind of crepe-like thing going on under my eyes that wasn't there before. I'm not necessarily blaming it on the okusil - could be a coincidence. BUT, it's driving me crazy!!!
It could just be dehydration - I've been drinking an awful lot of coffee and wine of late and both are diuretics, I know. But, I've certainly done THAT before without this stuff going on. It also isn't happening anywhere else.
Sighing.....
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a patch on my chin too but thats no unusual really. I hope they work out too.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi katee, you got criss crosses too, Bummer Crying or Very sad
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Uh huh.... Sad

AND I have generally oily skin!!! I sooooo want to blame it on the okusil.

(looking around for a scapegoat....)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |