Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sunscreen recommendation & diy vitamin c question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lala27

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for recommendation for daily sunscreen for normal/dry skin. I always get worried that whatever I buy may not work well and leave me unprotected(or with less than optimal protection). Bonus points if the lotion has other anti-aging benefits. I have been looking at the Clinique city block, is that worth the price?

My second question is about the diy c serum... I used one of Kassy's recipes w/ sea kelp, hyalauranic acid, ferulic acid & vitamin E. It seems to make my skin have more wrinkles & my pores look... I don't know...saggy? I went though one bottle last year, then didn't remake for a while. In the meantime the wrinkles in my forehead improved and my skin & pores looked tighter. I made a second batch a little while ago and noticed the wrinkles returned, so it is definitely the serum. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think it is the C or should I leave another ingredient out? I really want this to work because of the wonderful things I have heard.

Thanks for any input!
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't heard of vitamin c highlighting wrinkles more. The vitamin c serum I use actually helps plump up the skin.

I've tried the Clinique City Block, I did not like the finish much. Also, if I remember correctly, it seemed to be a blend of physical and chemical screens but did not offer much in the UVA spectrum.

For SS rec's, there are lots of threads on physical sunscreens here on EDS. I personally use chemical sunscreens on top of Cosmetic Skin Solutions C/E/Ferulic serum. My SS picks at present are:

- Skinceuticals Ultra Facial Defense spf 50
- Ducray Melascreen spf 50
- Avene Spf 50

They all contain the mexoryl's or tinosorbs.

HTH!
lala27

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. I've been scouring the boards and found some information. First, I use mmu so I should use physical ss. I see a lot of people recommend Elta md, so maybe I'll give that a whirl.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:38 am      Reply with quote
lala, try using sea EMOLLIENT instead of sea kelp bioferment in a DIY C formula. It makes a big difference in moisturizing and softening benefits.
http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/-strse-36/Sea-Emollient-100-pct--Algae/Detail.bok

And adding 5% of an oil like macadamia/rosehip will help too.

For sunscreen, I use Uriage BarieSun Children's spf 50 Milk with Tinosorb (a hybrid ingred). It makes the perfect base for MMU.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply fawnie... so you think it's the skb causing the skin issues? It was such a pain to get that to mix too, I'd be happy to get rid of that part.

I found other uriage SS online, but not the one you mentioned. I live in the US, any ideas where to find it?

I found another contender... I see people mention juice beauty sport spf 30, and I just got my 20% off at Ulta coupon. Thoughts?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Uriage BarieSun Children's Milk SPF50+ is from here:

http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/proddetail.php?prod=160158

I like that it doesnt contain PEG's, parabens, fragrance, aloe or unstable chemicals. It doesnt make me break out in le zits like heavily siliconed products do. Im still recovering from 3 chin zits from using Philosophy The Present primer ... and my skin was flawless before I used it. Sad

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |