Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Pico Toner--my results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I wanted to let everyone know that the Pico Toner product site is having a big sale through Dec 25. I just ordered one for $350. Retail is $595. Unfortunately, it appears the Pico Toner thread has been locked, so I was unable to post there. I hope those interested will see this one. Can't wait to get mine!!! Hmmm, I guess I'll have to post my results on this thread???

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...thank you so much for posting about the sale, I bought one! Thanks to a Christmas bonus at work I'll be lifting my body with this baby soon! I had been wanting one forEVER but kept telling myself no. At this price, I felt like I could do this for myself (and my mom who I plan to do treatments on too!)

Thanks again! Happy Holidays!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia - You should request moderator to change the name of the thread to Pico toner Smile

It was a great deal! I had a few friends who got in on it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! I'm glad you were able to get in on the sale Carlingus. I can't wait to get mine. I bought a cheapie on ebay that left burn marks on my face. Sad Then I tried fillers and was unhappy with both the results and the bruising. I had a full black eye that lasted for 6 weeks. I had to miss an important event because of it, and I said "never again!" Besides that, it felt and looked unnatural to me. Fortunately, I went with the "less is more" approach, so it didn't look awful. It was just enough for me to know it wasn't for me. I've tried facial exercise programs that were an improvement but didn't give me the results I wanted either. Anyway, I can't wait to get started.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets, thank you for suggesting that I ask a moderator to correct the title. I made the request. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Yay! I'm glad you were able to get in on the sale Carlingus. I can't wait to get mine. I bought a cheapie on ebay that left burn marks on my face. Sad Then I tried fillers and was unhappy with both the results and the bruising. I had a full black eye that lasted for 6 weeks. I had to miss an important event because of it, and I said "never again!" Besides that, it felt and looked unnatural to me. Fortunately, I went with the "less is more" approach, so it didn't look awful. It was just enough for me to know it wasn't for me. I've tried facial exercise programs that were an improvement but didn't give me the results I wanted either. Anyway, I can't wait to get started.

My ebay cheapie was ineffective also. Kinda scared me at times.
If either of you wants special tips - pm me - I'll be glad to help however I can. I highly recommend Christine Buyers youtubes. She has great tips. She shows them with probes because they are easier to follow that way but they are better with gloves. That's what Christine uses. Oh my - I love my Pico. Wishing the same to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
bummer.i just saw this!any chance there might be a new years special for 350? Smile
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Tonia, I decided to treat myself too Smile. It's Christmas season after all!

Now I just have to find some time to read through that other long thread to figure out where to start from...
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

I had considered getting some sort of a TENs unit on eBay and separately buying silver gloves to save cash and I'm quite glad I didn't now, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with your eBay unit! Geez that is scary! My pico is set to arrive Thursday next week, wish I'd have gotten it before New Years but I'll most likely skip the house party invite and the tight dress and stay in watching scary movies, drinking champagne & eating candy with my partner anyways Very Happy
jessicantique
5% products discount

Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
it's a pity i only see the post now.
hope they will have another sale soon??

is there another Micro current personal device on par/ similar on quality to the Pico one?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
agatha wrote:
Thanks for the info Tonia, I decided to treat myself too Smile. It's Christmas season after all!

Now I just have to find some time to read through that other long thread to figure out where to start from...

I'll be glad to help if I can. It has two signatures; P1 and P2. They are based off of the big unit and this little Pico packs a punch.

P1 is for lifting and P2 is what I use more for plumping.
I would start P1 on about 20 (you'll see when you get it). See how it feels on your face in terms of the microcurrents. Keep the black glove above the right glove. Keep all movements going upward. I use P1 on 35 or so these days but I'm used to it. You can do several motions. I will post a youtube from the Emmy's and it gives a brief idea: Glide, cinch, erase and hold are the primary movements.

P2 is basically laying gloves on face and holding there: one glove on each side of face. I press in slightly and do a gentle lifting motion and then hold it for several seconds - even half a minute. I use it on my neck and all over: especially good for lower face but I use it everywhere.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! I'm glad my post helped people to save money!

Sister Sweets, thank you for helping us newbies.

I have been slowly reading through the old site. I'm on page 16 with a long way to go. lol

Here are a few links and tips I've collected along the way.

Christine Byer tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53tRIwTailE

PQ reviews
http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/category/pico-toner/

Tip: "If you want MORE lift, use the P1 setting only, and when synching/lifting,
double the length of time you are holding, that will improve lift, you could
hold for the count of 20." ~PQ

Sister Sweets, I don't have the link you mentioned. So, if you could post that, it will help a lot.

Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Yay! I'm glad my post helped people to save money!

Sister Sweets, thank you for helping us newbies.

I have been slowly reading through the old site. I'm on page 16 with a long way to go. lol

Here are a few links and tips I've collected along the way.

Christine Byer tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53tRIwTailE

PQ reviews
http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/category/pico-toner/

Tip: "If you want MORE lift, use the P1 setting only, and when synching/lifting,
double the length of time you are holding, that will improve lift, you could
hold for the count of 20." ~PQ

Sister Sweets, I don't have the link you mentioned. So, if you could post that, it will help a lot.

Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUdYgCZtziE
This is an imprompto you tube from the Emmy's- not planned but it may give you some help.

You've found some good information Tonia. The more you use the device, the more you'll get accustomed to what it can do and you'll adapt techniques for what you want to achieve. It's great for around the eyes - lifting and smoothing.
There's a Caci pinch technique on you tube also for lifting. Aprile posted a link on the long Pico thread. I have it saved. I'll try to find it and post. It uses probes but the gloves will work. Aprile is a big fan.
Philip was a gem and so helpful. He enjoyed putting things together for beauty devices and made it understandable and user friendly. I miss him on EDS.

I'm glad for everyone who was able to get the great deal on the Pico. I'll be helping out a few friends. My one friend kept saying to me -"I'm not getting any younger here!" and "My face will be on the floor if you don't get me set up with that device". It started to be a joke. I was going to use mine on her but the great buy showed up and it worked out even better. Now, I'm looking forward to her results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:01 am      Reply with quote
That's great info!
Thanks a lot!

I'm more interested in plumping and tightening rather than lifting (I'm in my early 30s, trying to add some fullness into check areas and tighten up some under eye and forehead laxity). Would you suggest that I focus more on P2 in that case? I plan to start with only few trainings per week (2-3) and see if it gets me anywhere. I'm too afraid to embark on everyday training at this early stage...

sister sweets wrote:

I'll be glad to help if I can. It has two signatures; P1 and P2. They are based off of the big unit and this little Pico packs a punch.

I would start P1 on about 20 (you'll see when you get it). See how it feels on your face in terms of the microcurrents. Keep the black glove above the right glove. Keep all movements going upward. I use P1 on 35 or so these days but I'm used to it. You can do several motions. I will post a youtube from the Emmy's and it gives a brief idea: Glide, cinch, erase and hold are the primary movements.

P2 is basically laying gloves on face and holding there: one glove on each side of face. I press in slightly and do a gentle lifting motion and then hold it for several seconds - even half a minute. I use it on my neck and all over: especially good for lower face but I use it everywhere.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:26 am      Reply with quote
agatha wrote:
That's great info!
Thanks a lot!

I'm more interested in plumping and tightening rather than lifting (I'm in my early 30s, trying to add some fullness into check areas and tighten up some under eye and forehead laxity). Would you suggest that I focus more on P2 in that case? I plan to start with only few trainings per week (2-3) and see if it gets me anywhere. I'm too afraid to embark on everyday training at this early stage...

sister sweets wrote:

agatha --
P2 (programmed at around 60 - up or down from there) for adding fullness to the cheek area and emphasizing the cheek bones.

P1: particularly erase movements and some lifting/holding will really show in the undereye and opening up the entire eye area.

One of the things that has worked for me is: I use it with black glove on top at place where nose and corner of the eye meet (more on inner nose) and then red glove about 3-4 inches below. I hold this for about 20 seconds. Also do the erase motions under the eye will help with tightening and wrinkle reduction. Also lifting and holding at the outside corner and eyebrow area will give you an open eye look. Always remember to do the holds. Very important.

I think to start I would do every day - even 10 minutes each day (One day P1, next day P2). After a few weeks you could probably kick it back to every other day. I really just do it as needed these days.
Initially you will want to get a strong idea of what the Pico can do for you and in order for that to happen, you need to use it. Being young you should really see some results and can train your facial muscles.
Best of luck.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Sis Sweets said:
One of the things that has worked for me is: I use it with black glove on top at place where nose and corner of the eye meet (more on inner nose) and then red glove about 3-4 inches below. I hold this for about 20 seconds.

Hi Sis,
Regarding this move, do you mean that you put your red glove down on your chin somewhere?
What does this move target?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
mariposa wrote:
Sis Sweets said:
One of the things that has worked for me is: I use it with black glove on top at place where nose and corner of the eye meet (more on inner nose) and then red glove about 3-4 inches below. I hold this for about 20 seconds.

Hi Sis,
Regarding this move, do you mean that you put your red glove down on your chin somewhere?

Mariposa - I had to think about this and put my hand in the position: The black glove is on the the side of my nose - two or three fingers with a slight lift, across from, the area between eyebrow and corner of eye.
The red glove (two fingers is sitting above the nostril on same side and then hold for about 20 or so seconds. It does something there that I find difficult to describe but I know it's a good thing. It may be tightening in that inner corner and pulling the nose in a subtle, beneficial way. It's also possible it's targetting the area that some get juvederm placed to fill in hollows. I don't have them.
I sure hope this helps. If I was a genius like Nonie AD I'd have a brilliant diagram.
This move is one I discovered on my own and now I always do it.
The next time I pull out my gloves I'll focus on what I exactly do and if there's something I can add to this I will.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
mariposa wrote:
Sis Sweets said:

Hi Sis,

Mariposa - I had to think about this and put my hand in the position: The black glove is on the the side of my nose - two or three fingers with a slight lift, across from, the area between eyebrow and corner of eye.
The red glove (two fingers is sitting above the nostril on same side and then hold for about 20 or so seconds. It does something there that I find difficult to describe but I know it's a good thing. It may be tightening in that inner corner and pulling the nose in a subtle, beneficial way. It's also possible it's targetting the area that some get juvederm placed to fill in hollows. I don't have them.
I sure hope this helps. If I was a genius like Nonie AD I'd have a brilliant diagram.
The next time I pull out my gloves I'll focus on what I exactly do and if there's something I can add to this I will.

You're so silly, Sis! Laughing

I think the reason you are noticing something happening when you place gloves by your nose under the eyes is because the inner corner is the point to which the orbicularis oculi contracts to.

So you are causing the muscle to contract the right way and thus strengthening it, methinks. In essence you are doing what eye exercises aim to do. Which is probably why the hollows got filled in.... JMHO
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
mariposa wrote:
Sis Sweets said:

Hi Sis,

You're so silly, Sis! Laughing

I think the reason you are noticing something happening when you place gloves by your nose under the eyes is because the inner corner is the point to which the orbicularis oculi contracts to.

So you are causing the muscle to contract the right way and thus strengthening it, methinks. In essence you are doing what eye exercises aim to do. Which is probably why the hollows got filled in.... JMHO

Nonie - you heard my silent pleas and showed up. Angel I am going to bow to this. I think what you're saying is right on. Thank you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie,
do you think there are other moves using the pico that are also excersing facial muscles?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey 1 wrote:
Nonie,
do you think there are other moves using the pico that are also excersing facial muscles?

jasminerosey 1, I really don't know anything about the Pico to have been talking. I was simply trying to rationalize what may be happening. I have never used microcurrent facial gadgets but in my twenties, I bought one of those machines that has pads that you place on your body and it is supposed to tone your body. It caused muscles to contract and relax alternately and I believe that is what the microcurrent machines do. So in essence, if you are placing the probes or gloves in ways that cause your muscles to contract and relax in their natural direction, then you would be working the face the way face exercises aim to do.

For instance in the video of Sister Sweets at the Emmy's, she was showing an upward diagonal motion of using the gloves--a direction in which some muscles lie--and thus focusing the stimulation along those cheek muscles in order to "exercise" them. When Eva Fraser asks you to smile toward ears or temples or outer corners of the eye, that movement requires gradual contraction of the cheek muscles and then as you return your mouth back to a relaxed state, there is gradual muscle relaxation. So the contraction then relaxation is the exercising.

It seems with microcurrent machines (from some of the posts I have read) that sometimes the trick is to hold the probes at the top and bottom of the muscle to be worked, while at other times sliding along the muscles is the secret. So I think pros like Sister Sweets and Christine Byers might be better at recommending the movements that effect proper muscle contraction and relaxation and therefore good muscle exercising.

I think just like with face exercises, it is the correct combo of movements that will give a nice lift. In other words, if you work one muscle properly, you must work the ones attached to it properly too, which may mean going in a different direction, so that they all get toned more or less uniformly so they support and lift each other. So if facial anatomy and physiology isn't your forte, then getting direction from those who have more experience and good results to show for it is best.

Remember, sometimes how muscles contract may not be obvious just from the shape of the muscle. For instance the eye muscle (orbicularis oculi) is a ring muscle just like the mouth muscle (orbicularis oris), yet contraction of the mouth muscle is inward from all directions toward the center. With the eye muscle being anchored at the inner corner, instead of contraction happening toward the center from all direction, contraction is toward the inner corner where the muscle cannot pull away from. Knowing this is important in deciding on a facial toning program as you need to know that for proper form, how you work the mouth and how you work the eyes cannot be the same. So knowing facial anatomy isn't enough, knowing some physiology so you know how the muscles behave is important too.
jasminerosey 1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:51 am      Reply with quote
thanks Nonie,
even though you have not used the pico yourself, your knowledge about facial muscles via facial exercise IMO translates exquisitely into the microcurrent arena...your post is extremely grounding to me in understanding how microcurrent is used to lift the facial muscles.
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh I missed the sale too .....any new yr sales for this or not? Sad

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
jessicantique
5% products discount

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
could i use liquid serum instead of gel for micro current treatment?

thanks
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for the tips and diagrams.
Can't wait to try this gadget!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |