Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Reduced appearance of newer stretch marks!! :D
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lemon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I recently gained a myriad amount of stretch marks on my breasts, hips, and inner thighs about 6 months ago. Desperate to be rid of them, I read through the entire "dermarolling for stretch marks" thread, hoping for an answer.

There seemed to be a consensus that while those with older, white marks saw results with dermarolling, the results were inconsistent for those with newer red marks like mine. The recommendation in that case was for only topical prescription strength Retin-A.

"Okay, fine." I thought. But what could I do in the meantime while I waited for the shipment to come in?

I went to the store and picked up some Knox gelatin, figuring I could at least prevent the formation of new marks by eating more collagen. And I also went to the store and picked up some tsubaki (camellia) oil after hearing that it might help with stretch marks. It was pretty cheap, less than 10 bucks so what did I have to lose.

I sprinkled half a packet of gelatin into my morning yogurt, and used the tsubaki oil on the affected parts after my shower.

YOU GUYS!!! I wish I had taken a "before" picture, but how was I supposed to know I would see such quick results?? THE NEXT DAY my stretch marks were reduced by about 50% in intensity. I thought I was falling plague to wishful thinking, but even my husband confirmed they looked better.

This is crazy--I never expect instant results about anything skincare related and already my socks have been knocked off. I don't know if it's because of eating the gelatin, or the tsubaki oil, or a lucky combination of the two--but even if my marks don't reduce further, they look so much better already that I'm already happy!

So I just wanted to share this in case anyone else is struggling with newer red marks. Try it out, it's cheap and painless!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
I always add a bit of gelatin to my smoothies. Since I started doing this it seemed like my skin is in better condition. But I do so many other things to my skin there is no way to tell. Very Happy Either way I'm sure the gelatin is good for your joints and whatnot anyway.
havana8

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Interesting! I've seen recommendations of bone broth as another source of gelatin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |