Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What vitamins or foods do you take for wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Some of the vitamins I take are astaxathin, lycopene(a natural internal sunscreen)pycnogenol,collagen pills. I used to eat organic spinach everyday but now I am sick of it and I am eating asparagus for awhile now.I also make a protein shake from MRM powder since it doesnt have artificial sweeteners in it.I add non fat greek yogourt, half a banana and half an orange with a little stevia;tastes like an orange Julius and has lots of protein in it.I also stay out of the sun.
havana8

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
According to Dr Weil:

Quote:
This Fruit Protects Against Wrinkles

More news is coming about the remarkable health–protective effects of berries. The latest: using a topical application of the antioxidant ellagic acid – an antioxidant found in numerous fruits, vegetables and nuts, especially raspberries, strawberries and cranberries – researchers at Hallym University in the Republic of Korea prevented collagen destruction and moderated the inflammatory response. This effect was seen in both human skin cells and the skin of hairless mice after continuing exposure to UV–B, the sun's skin–damaging ultraviolet rays.

There is now a great deal of well–designed research showing that many compounds in berries, whether applied to the skin or eaten in the form of whole fruit, are among the most protective nutrients your body can utilize. I hope that topical ellagic–acid–based preparations become widely available for a variety of skin conditions. In the meantime, eating berries regularly is one of the best, not to mention tastiest, moves you can make for overall health.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/WBL02141/This-Fruit-Protects-Against-Wrinkles.html

As there was mention of gelatin on another thread, you might like this article, Lucyluc: http://uptownmagazine.com/2012/01/want-fewer-wrinkles-eat-gelatin/

ETA: There's also this recent thread on antioxidants that might be helpful: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48063
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
thx
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I am taking Drs best hyaluronic acid.Is that similar to gelatin.Im afraid of taking gelatin everyday because its from beef and they had mentioned one of the risks being mad cow disease!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Gelatin is derived from the bones and connective tissue not the neural tissue which would harbor BSE (Mad Cow Disease).

"The Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) of the European Union (EU) in 2003 stated that the risk associated with bovine bone gelatin is very low or zero.[32][33] In 2006 the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) stated that the SSC opinion was confirmed, that the BSE risk of bone-derived gelatin was very small, and removed support for the 2003 request of excluding the skull and vertebrae of bovine origin older than 12 months from the material used in gelatin manufacturing.[34]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin

While I realize Wiki is not the end-all and be-all, they do cite their sources.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:28 am      Reply with quote
will taking amino acid supplements or whey protein achieve similar nutrition as from Gelatin?
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Try a detox and start eating superfoodsm I'm currently taking chia seeds, green and white tea, spirulina, chlorella, turmeric, garlic, raw salads and fish once in a while, water is a must always, at least 8 glasses.
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been juicing fresh veggies and fruits for almost a year. I add fresh fruit and walnuts to my morning hot cereal.
newera
5% products discount

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:26 am      Reply with quote
The British Journal of Dermatology published studies in 2008 showing the health benefits to the skin of consuming tomato paste mixed with olive oil. It came to my attention about a year ago, so I've been following their advice and I consume 55 grams of tomato paste mixed with ten grams of olive oil on a daily basis. It also has anti-cancer properties. For 68, my skin is in very good condition, but I also do facial exercises and massage. Below is one article among many.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2008/04/29/37863.aspx
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
newera wrote:
The British Journal of Dermatology published studies in 2008 showing the health benefits to the skin of consuming tomato paste mixed with olive oil. It came to my attention about a year ago, so I've been following their advice and I consume 55 grams of tomato paste mixed with ten grams of olive oil on a daily basis. It also has anti-cancer properties. For 68, my skin is in very good condition, but I also do facial exercises and massage. Below is one article among many.

Do you just mix the paste and oil together and eat it or do you add them to other foods or in a smoothie?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think either way. I know you can use it on crackers or gluten=free products if that's you thing. Tomato paste is a concentrated hit of lycopene and other goodies. I've taken a can of paste and added it to gluten free pasta - with some stir fried spinach and yum.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
newera wrote:

Do you just mix the paste and oil together and eat it or do you add them to other foods or in a smoothie?

Personally, I just mix the tomato paste and oil together and eat it with a spoon, but you can add it to whatever food you like.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Green smoothies are amazing Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've started taking NeoCell™ Super Collagen + C™ Type 1 & 3 supplements, hoping it will increase collagen for my skin, and joints.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |