Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does anyone line their waterline with a beige or ...........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:12 am      Reply with quote
peach eyeliner, to make their eyes appear brighter and bigger? and can you recommend one. I used to wear brown or black but that makes the eye appear smaller and tired - especially as one ages... Very Happy

not sure if peach or beige will look natural as I have very dark brown eyes...but looking for suggestions. thx
havana8

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale has a Dual Eye Highlighter Pencil with white on one side and a soft pink on the other: http://www.dermstore.com/product_Dual+Eye+Highlighter+Pencil+-+Pink+White_6460.htm

There's also Julie Hewett's Omit which is a peach colour that many use on the inner rim: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/julie-hewett-omit-conceal-p_10268.htm

I'm currently finishing up Smashbox's Eye Beam Double-Ended Brightener which has a nude liner on one side for inner rim and a highlighter on the other. I think it may have been discontinued though so I'm also interested in whatever suggestions others may have.

HTHs some!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
That peach/pearl waterline trick just looks weird up close imho. PronStar-ish and fake.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark brown eyes and find that nude liner really opens up my eyes and makes me look more refreshed.

Like:

- Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in Champagne - lasts a long time but is a bit shiny

- Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude

- MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 (get at Pro Shop)

Dislike:

- Pixi Eye Bright Liner in No.1 Nude: No staying power and causes undereye makeup to smudge

- Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Topaz: Stays longer than Pixi but goes on chunky and also smudges undereye makeup. Good color.

Heard that Nars in Rue Bonaparte is a good dupe for the MAC pencil.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:17 am      Reply with quote
What is good for light eye colour?
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I like an inexpensive option, the Sephora Collection Nano Eyeliner Pencil in Pearl Beige (price: $5.00). It is pearlized but I think being pearlized prevents it from looking as weird as a matte peach, pink or white shades tend to appear when viewed up close. The pearlized shade reflects light, making eyes look brighter, as well as more open/wider. A plus is that the pearlized texture is so subtle and fine that it doesn't irritate the sensitive waterline of the eyelid. I have very light blue eyes, and this color works well for me.
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I love using an opal or light beige on the waterline if I'm doing makeup on someone with lighter eyes, it just looks fresh and pretty to me. On my own face, I have dark brown/green tinged eyes and I stick to dark liner on the waterline. This is just personal opinion, I think everyone should do what they feel good about. It's worth experimenting with a cheap wet n wild pencil maybe just to get an idea of what the effect is like.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I occasionally use the Rimmel Nude when my eyelids are especially red. It doesn't stay on long, though. It looks a bit better than a white pencil. The whites of my eyes are slightly yellow due to hypothyroid so I wish they made a light yellow pencil.
KittenInTheMitten
5% products discount

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
As denisiel mentioned, I second a vote for the
MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 (get at Pro Shop or online).
Although I don't always use it (it depends on the makeup "look" I'm going for) when I want a break from my favorite smokey eye look, it's my pencil of choice. I have a very dark brown eye (almost black) and a light brown eye and the MAC pencil works well for me. It's a matte nude, flesh-toned pencil with no sheen, sparkle, or shimmer which, in my opinion looks a lot more natural on the waterline than pure white or anything with a shimmer.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have the MAC chromographic pencil and I use it to outline lips a little and then use a regular lip pencil over it (Revlon coffee/café a fav). It gives a great boost to the lipline. I tried it on the waterline and it looked too unnatural - on me anyway -.
I do use a silvery taupe on the lower eye - from Stila - smoke Smudge Crayon Waterproof Eye Primer + Shadow + Liner. Very pretty, brightening and if you use it heavy enough it can be festive looking.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Sephora brand - its beige. The Rimmel one is pretty decent too.
libertango
5% products discount

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Anything I tried on the waterline didn't work for me, as I looked almost scary. But what I found it works beautifully and opens my eyes, is drawing a line that's a bit farther away from the lash line, but that only when reaching the external angle of the eye. I also try to make the two lines (upper and lower) a little separate at the end. Hope you understood my explanation. I have slightly longer eyes (I'm caucasian). I don't know if this works for everybody...
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I like Paula Dorf Baby Eyes.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I use Nars Rue Bonaparte Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner. It is a peachy flesh color that is invisible on my waterline yet somehow adds a little oomph to make my 60 yr old green eyes look a bit brighter. I have tried liners that were lighter, but did not like how I could see them. The Rue Bonaparte is undetectable on me.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |