Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Marionette lines/Downturned mouth corners
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
riverdance
5% products discount

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have these indentations/marionette lines that go from the corner of my mouth halfway down to my chin! They make my mouth corners turn down and people tell me I look sad or mad when Im not!! Ive been doing a facial exercise program for a little over 4 months and have seen improvements in other areas. Just not this area! Sometimes they look deeper and worse! There doesnt seem to be a good exercise that can really work this area. Maybe Im expecting too much from this program and this is as good as it gets!! How do you know when a program isn't working for you anymore?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
What exercise program are you doing?

CFF has "Sad Face" and "Jowl Lifter" exercises which I find are effective for keeping this area lifted. BUt YMMV

Bear in mind that "facial posture" is important and you have to consciously LIFT your expression but not in a fake-smile way. You cant just let your face hang there!

5% products discount

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Im doing CFF as well! I really like the program and how it's lifted my cheeks and opened up my eyes! However, there are a couple of things that Im not happy with....One being that my marionette lines haven't changed at all and I ve also seemed to develop a deep indentation at the beginning of one of my eyebrows. which I know wasn't there when I started the exercises. I still haven't figured out how to get rid of that either. Have you had any problems with any new lines forming from doing this program?

You're probably right about facial posture! It's a lot of work...lol Always being concious of the direction in which my mouth goes!

What is YMMV? Sorry, never heard that one before..lol
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I do Ageless, and it seems to have done the trick. Smile

YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary...

5% products discount

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
You have marionette lines and Ageless worked for you? I heard the program was rough the face and caused people more wrinkles than what they started out with. Can you share any exercises from there that help deal with this area?
riverdance
5% products discount

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
What does Mileage May Vary mean..lol?

You have marionette lines and Ageless worked for you? I heard the program was rough the face and caused people more wrinkles than what they started out with. Can you share any exercises from there that help deal with this area?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:

Ageless did work for me after a couple of months, and I even posted pics to that effect.

5% products discount

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, Where are your pics posted? I would love to see them! I haven't really seen many before and afters from that program. I also heard that Loulou doesn't get back to people who have questions. Is that true? Would you be willing to share couple of the exercises that work this area? Did you also go thru an"ugly" phase w/Ageless?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:15 am      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
What does Mileage May Vary mean..lol?

Means: everyone's results can be different. Internet slang.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:

I don't know what to say to people who say they got wrinkles from doing Ageless - if that is true, I don't believe that it was Ageless that caused them.

LouLou has a couple of videos on Youtube that demo the exercises. Search for Ageless if You Dare. I can't describe them without images or video, and I don't have either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
Bethany, Where are your pics posted? I would love to see them! I haven't really seen many before and afters from that program. I also heard that Loulou doesn't get back to people who have questions. Is that true? Would you be willing to share couple of the exercises that work this area? Did you also go thru an"ugly" phase w/Ageless?

They got deleted when Webshots got sold, unfortunately.

I did not go through an ugly phase, and definitely thought Ageless was one of the easiest programs to use (I own several). You really should NOT spot treat your face with a couple of muscles as you can end up with a distorted look.

But I personally decided that I just didn't like doing manual facial exercises, and moved on an electric version with the Tua Tre'nd. Much easier, but more expensive. I haven't been using it long enough to see results on my ML's, but it has worked wonders on my forehead already.

5% products discount

Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I only found one quick video that I could barely hear or understand! Loulou doesn't even offer the option to ask her a question on her website! I don't particularly like that!

I only wish I could afford a device like you re talking about Bethany. How long were up you doing the facial exercises before you stopped? Why did you stop doing them? do you mind if I ask how old you are?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
I only found one quick video that I could barely hear or understand! Loulou doesn't even offer the option to ask her a question on her website! I don't particularly like that!

I only wish I could afford a device like you re talking about Bethany. How long were up you doing the facial exercises before you stopped? Why did you stop doing them? do you mind if I ask how old you are?

I am 47, but did Ageless when I was in my earlier 40's (I think)....It took about 2 months before I saw results. I think it is a great program, but I basically quit because it just took more dedicated time than I wanted to spend. And I just didn't like manipulating my face that way. (but I felt that way with all the programs, so don't let that reflect on Ageless).

I do think that facial exercise and muscle building (no matter how you accomplish it) is very critical to preventing sag over time. So I would review all the methods/programs, pick one you can work with, and go for it.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
You re so right about that! I don't have any sagginess or loose skin yet. Im hoping by doing these exercises, I'll be able to keep them at bay!

I haven't been doing these exercises for very long. In your opinion, Do you think they can actually fill out the marionette line area and pull up the corners of the mouth?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
You re so right about that! I don't have any sagginess or loose skin yet. Im hoping by doing these exercises, I'll be able to keep them at bay!

I haven't been doing these exercises for very long. In your opinion, Do you think they can actually fill out the marionette line area and pull up the corners of the mouth?

I think that they can build up the muscles to offset the natural decline in collagen and fat volume as we age, and offset the face sliding into the middle. Keeping your weight low is also key (which I personally didn't do and am now dealing with!).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man do I hate the dreaded marionette lines. I have them too, as does my mom. What I do on clients (and myself) is make sure the depressors are massaged (cross tissue is best) and do exercises/microcurrent to lift the cheeks and the levators. Moves to shorten the buccinators help too. I should do a video on this. Hmmm....

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
riverdance
5% products discount

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you should do a video Girltwocb! Im sure others would be interested as well! They re the hardest area to deal with!! I can't stand them!

What is cross-tissue massaging and how do you do it? Do you mind if I ask your age? I really wish I had access to a microcurrent machine! I ve been doing facial exercises for 4 months and havent seen many changes yet. Not sure if I will either Sad.
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
Yes, you should do a video Girltwocb! Im sure others would be interested as well! They re the hardest area to deal with!! I can't stand them!

What is cross-tissue massaging and how do you do it? Do you mind if I ask your age? I really wish I had access to a microcurrent machine! I ve been doing facial exercises for 4 months and havent seen many changes yet. Not sure if I will either Sad.

I'm 45. Cross tissue massage is massaging against the fibers of the muscle instead of with them (in the same direction). To do a cross tissue massage of the depressors dig your thumb into the middle of your chin and run it parallel to your jawline (towards ear) to right past the corner of your mouth. Also practice sneering. Nonie also wrote of a slow motion sneer that sounded excruciating but effective.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Christine another one here who would love you to do a video on that cross-tissue massage as well! I love your videos and it would be great to see you doing this - pretty please??
girltwocb wrote:
riverdance wrote:

I'm 45. Cross tissue massage is massaging against the fibers of the muscle instead of with them (in the same direction). To do a cross tissue massage of the depressors dig your thumb into the middle of your chin and run it parallel to your jawline (towards ear) to right past the corner of your mouth. Also practice sneering. Nonie also wrote of a slow motion sneer that sounded excruciating but effective.
riverdance
5% products discount

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think you definitely need to do the video...as I am a visual person for sure...lol. I kind of get the cross tissue massage thing but the sneering, Im not to sure about. Is that the Billy Idol face? Where he does the raising his lip to the side thing? If it is, I think I can only do the left side. My right side doesn't want to cooperate..lol. To me, this seems to work the lips and above the lip area. Am I missing something? Have you been able to get rid of your marionette lines, by doing these massages and exercise techniques?
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
I think you definitely need to do the video...as I am a visual person for sure...lol. I kind of get the cross tissue massage thing but the sneering, Im not to sure about. Is that the Billy Idol face? Where he does the raising his lip to the side thing? If it is, I think I can only do the left side. My right side doesn't want to cooperate..lol. To me, this seems to work the lips and above the lip area. Am I missing something? Have you been able to get rid of your marionette lines, by doing these massages and exercise techniques?

We were talking about downturned corners of the mouth and marionette lines. The sneer lifts the corners of the mouth. The cross tissue massage of the depressors sometimes helps with marionette lines.

riverdance
5% products discount

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, Why is weight a factor w marionette lines? How many lbs over is a concern?

Girlwocb, Do you think microcurrent works best for this area? better than facial exercise?
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh Riverdance I so sympathise I have the same issue, I have tried lots of FE and nothing worked including Ageless I have also used the TRIA but no improvement with that either. I am sadly coming to the conclusion that the only thing that would work would be a facelift (not an option) or a filler of some sort (never tried these so no experience there).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:08 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Christine another one here who would love you to do a video on that cross-tissue massage as well! I love your videos and it would be great to see you doing this - pretty please??
girltwocb wrote:
riverdance wrote:

Would also love a video! I am a subscriber of yours. I can't believe you are 45! I watch your videos and I thought to myself well she is young yet ofcoarse she looks great. Lol! You look much younger.
Anne5899
5% products discount

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, I have a Tua Trend which I have only used a matter of 2 to 3 weeks. I would be interested in selling it. If you are interested, please PM me.

Anne
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |