Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cream for buffing the fingernails
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cheers

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:59 am      Reply with quote
How does a nail buffing cream differ in ingredients from a hand cream or other body moisturizer?

In other words, if I already have a good natural ingredients hand cream, will I still need to buy a product to buff my nails?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:54 am      Reply with quote
When I get a mani/pedi I always have my nails buffed rather than painted. It gives a very long lasting shine and makes them grow fast. They use a buffing cream that has grit in it and either a hand buffer or a buffing wheel, depending on which of the two salons I go to in my neighborhood.
I have a hand buffer that is a teardrop looking sponge with a buffer sheet(sort of like sandpaper)on one side and a smooth side on the other for polishing to a sheen. It is made by Revlon and it works great. I have seen other brands as well. I am on my 3rd one and I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:05 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
When I get a mani/pedi I always have my nails buffed rather than painted. It gives a very long lasting shine and makes them grow fast. They use a buffing cream that has grit in it and either a hand buffer or a buffing wheel, depending on which of the two salons I go to in my neighborhood.
I have a hand buffer that is a teardrop looking sponge with a buffer sheet(sort of like sandpaper)on one side and a smooth side on the other for polishing to a sheen. It is made by Revlon and it works great. I have seen other brands as well. I am on my 3rd one and I love it.

I have and use the Revlon one but my all time favorite is the P. Shine. I just received a new one last week. This stuff rocks!

http://www.p-shine.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=down_for_maintenance

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.reallyree.com/2013/08/p-shine-nail-care-kit-japan-review.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Thanks for this bethany.

This looks like something worth checking out.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks for this bethany.

This looks like something worth checking out.

Yes I agree. This is the product that Frodo loves and Bethany was kind enough to find a blogger. I think we should all try it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
You're very welcome Veronica and Sis!

Frodo, it looks like the kit lasts forever based on comments on the blog I linked to.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh thanks for the link, I will have to try it. It looks like the paste that my gals use!
I love the look and it is easy to revive and good for your nails too. Supposedly stimulates nail bed circulation to keep them healthy. All I can say is it works for me. I have to cut them once a week since I like them really short for typing.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |