Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
What are your favorite natural shampoos?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alienoreo
5% products discount

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Okay so I am currently using the Dermorganic and I am sorry to report that my hair is quite dry and tangled and has lost most of its shine Sad I am thinking about also ordering their conditioner, as the shampoo alone doesn't seem to be nourishing enough for my hair. I will stick with it a bit longer and try a few things because it has taken care of all of my dandruff issues to the point that I don't even need to do a vinegar rinse anymore. So that's good. Will report back in a couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear this doesn't seem to be working out for you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Okay so I am currently using the Dermorganic and I am sorry to report that my hair is quite dry and tangled and has lost most of its shine Sad I am thinking about also ordering their conditioner, as the shampoo alone doesn't seem to be nourishing enough for my hair. I will stick with it a bit longer and try a few things because it has taken care of all of my dandruff issues to the point that I don't even need to do a vinegar rinse anymore. So that's good. Will report back in a couple of weeks.

Penta do you use any conditioner at all after the shampoo? I cannot imagine not following a shampoo with conditioning. That is where the "nourishing" comes from. Shampoos IMO clean and prepare your hair to receive the goodness from conditioners that follow. They are not really supposed to be the final step.

BTW, while I have no problems with dandruff, I cannot not do a dilute apple cider vinegar rinse with every wash because I find it smooths my strands by closing the cuticles of my strands which I like to think also locks in the goodness of my conditioner. I usually dunk my head in that dilute solution of ACV and essential oils of lavender and rosemary and a give my scalp a good massage. This leaves my scalp clean and free of conditioner residue and allows my hair to soak up the goodness of ACV...not to mention the wonderful tingling that massage gives my scalp. Even if I don't have time to dunk my head and massage, after I rinse off conditioner and towel dry my hair, I will not consider the job complete until I spritz my hair with an ACV-essential oils-distilled water solution I have in a spray bottle. To me an ACV rinse is a very important step in my haircare regimen, and no I do not rinse it off.

(Please note, too much acidity can destroy the keratin in your hair so if you decide to use ACV as part of your wash, err on the side of caution by using very little. Think of it this way, even a drop of ACV makes the water a touch more acidic than it was without it, which is a good thing for your hair. And if anyone is wondering, no my hair does not smell like vinegar. I smell it while doing the rinse and maybe a little when my hair is wet, although I smell more of the essential oils than anything. Once my hair dries (air dries), all I smell is the last conditioner I used. But then again, I never use neat ACV nor too much of it. My dilution ratio is about 1/4 cup ACV in 2 gallons of filtered water.)
havana8

Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:43 am      Reply with quote
The only shampoo that I've ever been able to use without a conditioner was the discontinued CTonic shampoos so it never really occurred to me that some might use shampoo without conditioner. For the last few weeks, though, I've been using the somewhat natural, non-foaming Purely Perfect Cleansing Creme (described as the "un-shampoo"), and haven't used any conditioner at all yet I can easily comb through my hair afterwards which is generally pretty impossible for me without conditioner. I have thick but fine hair with highlights and natural wave that is about six inches below my shoulders. With the cleansing creme, I still have body but no frizz, some shine and surprisingly my hair looks pretty great for a few days afterwards. It's pricey but since there is no need to follow with conditioner and I don't need to wash my hair every day, it may end up working out to the same in the end.

Here's the ingredient listing:

Ingredients: Purified Water USP/Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Gluconolactone, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Panthenol, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methyl Lactate, Ceteareth-20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Trisodium EDTA, Calcium Gluconate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol. Fragrance: Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Rose Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Myroxylon Balsamum (Balsam Peru) Oil, Guaiacum Officinale Wood Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Citronellol Geraniol, Linalool.

I forgot to mention that they also say it helps with longer lasting colour, is biodegradable and soothes troubled scalps.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
alienoreo wrote:

Sorry to hear this doesn't seem to be working out for you!

No, no, not at all. Thanks for the tip, anyway! Everyone's hair is different and, as Nonie and havana8 have pointed out, it might just be me not using a conditioner. I never seemed to have the need for it with conventional shampoos but switching to all 'natural' ingredients is a whole different thing.

I just ordered the Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle and Rose conditioner, so hopefully Dermorganic and Aubrey combined will work out for me.

Nonie, the reason why I don't do the vinegar rinse daily is that my hair ends up smelling very strongly of vinegar every time I do the rinse. I only do it once a week or so. You might have a point about using less, though, I will give it a try! Thanks! How many parts vinegar and water do you use approximately to make your solution? For my rinse I usually add 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. That might be too much for a daily rinse, though.

Havana8, that Cleansing Creme sounds amazing but, oh my gosh, it is sooo pricey Shock Also, I cannot find anything on their site regarding animal testing. Do you know what their views are on that?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Nonie, the reason why I don't do the vinegar rinse daily is that my hair ends up smelling very strongly of vinegar every time I do the rinse. I only do it once a week or so. You might have a point about using less, though, I will give it a try! Thanks! How many parts vinegar and water do you use approximately to make your solution? For my rinse I usually add 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. That might be too much for a daily rinse, though.

IMO that is too concentrated a solution. I have seen many people write that they use that concentration but I would not do it myself, even though some people say they rinse it off. As I said in my last post, I use 1/4 cup ACV to 2 gallons water, which is 1 part ACV to 128 parts water and I do not rinse off.

Also I wash my hair twice a week not every day.
tani876

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Giovanni range, Liz Earle works well for me too Smile
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:

IMO that is too concentrated a solution. I have seen many people write that they use that concentration but I would not do it myself, even though some people say they rinse it off. As I said in my last post, I use 1/4 cup ACV to 2 gallons water, which is 1 part ACV to 128 parts water and I do not rinse off.

Also I wash my hair twice a week not every day.

Oops, yes, I didn't see that you had specified your ratio. Thanks!
I tried a much weaker solution this morning after I shampooed, maybe 1 part vinegar and about 10 parts water, and it worked quite well and my hair didn't smell too strongly. I will dilute even more and will update later how a routine of dermorganic shampoo, aubrey conditioner, and vinegar rinse works for me.
havana8

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Havana8, that Cleansing Creme sounds amazing but, oh my gosh, it is sooo pricey Shock Also, I cannot find anything on their site regarding animal testing. Do you know what their views are on that?

It is pretty pricey especially when you consider it is a small 8oz bottle (which happens to look smaller than other 8oz bottles in my shower, I might add Shock ) but my view on that could change slightly once I see how long it lasts me. Regarding their policy on animal testing, here's what their CS said, "Please be assured Purely Perfect does not participate in any animal testing." HTHs, Penta.
havana8

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Just sharing this from the email:

Buy Cleansing Creme and get Smooth Finish Free! (a $74 value for $40)

To get your free Smooth Finish add at least one bottle of Cleansing Creme and at least one bottle of Smooth Finish to your shopping cart.
Enter PERFECTHOLIDAY in the discount codes section on the shopping cart page. Offer is valid through January 15, 2015.

http://www.purelyperfectproducts.com
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |