Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beautiful back?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hello all!

I am very unhappy about my back Sad

Basically when I stopped using Birth Control my back started breaking out really bad.

Since then I started using a Salicylic acid body wash and I am exfolianting regulary. This has helped a little bit with the breakouts, but the problem is that my back is full of pigmented spots after the blemishes healed, they are red and brown.

Is there anything else I can do to help the marks disappear/prevent breakouts ?

Would really appreciate your help with this one!
Aga
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aga!

I am in the same situation as you. I have gone off birth control pills after being on them 20 years, and my face, back and chest have been breaking out very badly. Hopefully someone here will have some advice.

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hello MystyPines!

Fingers crossed someone has some advice for both of us Smile

Wouldnt it be great if we could get our backs to normal and show it off for the summer Wink

Aga
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
You know what? If Vitamin C serums are great for fading spots on our faces, wouldn’t you think that it would also work to fade the spots from the rest of our bodies? Of course, I’m thinking it would be way too expensive to waste my precious CSRx Vit-C serum to smear all over my back. But I bet it wouldn’t cost much to make our own Vit-C serum for non-facial purposes!!

GuapaGirl (Liz) is the one that tracked down this recipe originally (I think she found it somewhere on MUA) so I can’t take the credit, but I *can* repost it here:

1.5 g L-ascorbic acid
5ml glycerin
5ml distilled water

Dissolve C powder in the water, mix with the glycerin and you have 12% C serum. Store in small, tightly closed bottle in fridge. Make new batch every 2 weeks or sooner if you see a yellowish tint to serum.

I saw the L-ascorbic acid powder at my local Whole Foods the last time I was there, a large bottle of it for about $9.99USD. You can get a bottle of glycerin in the vitamin or first aid section of most pharmacies, supermarkets or health food stores for less than $4.99USD, and a gallon of distilled water is available in the bottled water aisle of the supermarket (they sell it to be used to prep baby formula) for less than $1.00USD. Once you buy the ingredients, I bet you'd have enough to make dozens and dozens of bottles of Vit-C serum! Way cheaper than paying for one bottle of CSRx or Skinceuticals Vit-C serum.

I think I'll buy the ingredients while I'm doing my grocery shopping this week and make up a batch to use on a couple of red spots on my legs (legacies from a couple of particularly heinous ingrown hairs I had last month).

As I said, in theory, Vit-C serum used on your back should fade marks and brighten the same way that it works on one's face. But if I'm totally wrong, I'm sure one of the ladies here will set me straight!!

Carrie
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie,

Sounds like a great idea!

I was wondering about VIt C myself, but like you said I dont want to use my regular Vit C ( I have the CSRx as well) on my back Smile

THX for the recipe, and the whole list og places where to get ingredients! So cool!

I am going to try and make my own and apply it to my back!

Let me know if it works for your legs Smile

Aga
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I wonder, do you have to store regular Vit C in the fridge?

aga
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
if you're only looking to get rid of acne scars and you don't have sensitive skin i would strongly recommend NEO-STRATA HQ GEL.

I've been using it since i was 17, now 25 and it's the best thing on the market.

If you have existing acne it won't work. you have to have smooth skin for it to work.

In fact, it works on any scar on your body.

Use it twice a day, morning and night but don't expect to see results till the end of 2 months.

Good luck

Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:
Oh, I wonder, do you have to store regular Vit C in the fridge?

Don't think so. Just tightly capped and away from light should do....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |