Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Somebody Stop Me!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LizzieW
5% products discount

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Ok...I am totally bored with my skincare routine. Haven't tried a lot of expensive products. The other day I went to a day spa down the street from my house and she used Yonka and Jane Iredale. I am totally in love with the JI pressed powder, and will buy the full size immediately. The only problem I am having is what skincare routine to go for. The esthetician told me she uses Yonka because they are still family owned and that they have never discontinued a product, and if you are going to put something out, it should be perfect to begin with. Pretty good pitch. I got samples of the creme cleanser, lotion, and fruitelia. They seem to be doing a pretty good job.

However, I am also very interested in the Decleor line and what people on ESD have been saying. I have a salon in town that sells this line, and was thinking of going today and getting samples. I am ready to go out and buy a a couple hundred dollars of skincare products....Please stop me!!!

Please give me some rationale to my determination to find some great products. By the way, my skin is oily in the T-zone, blackheads, and tends to be on the red side. I rarely break out anymore, thank goodness. Would love to hear feedback... Very Happy
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Please give me some rationale to my determination to find some great products. By the way, my skin is oily in the T-zone, blackheads, and tends to be on the red side. I rarely break out anymore, thank goodness. Would love to hear feedback...

I think you said it right there in your last paragraph! The thing I worry about most when trying new products (and i think a lot of people do) is that they will make me break out. I think you run less of a risk of breaking out/having bad reactions when you slowly bring new products into your routine, instead of overloading your skin all at once! Also then, if your skin is has a bad reaction (or even a GREAT reaction Very Happy ), you can more easily pinpoint which product is causing it!

I hope this helps Smile I know how tempting it can be to buy a bunch of new products all at once, but I think you have a good idea going with trying out the samples first...
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lizzie!

Do you remember what Yonka products you liked so much? I am considering trying some of their stuff!

And it's so true about introducing new products slowly, I leant the hard way .

Aga
LizzieW
5% products discount

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Aga,

I was only given samples of the Yonka Lait Nettoyant cleanser, Lotion for Normal to Oily Skin, and the Fruitelia for Normal to Oily Skin. It was hard to get used to the lotion cleanser since I didn't seem to feel completely clean, but I used a clean washcloth and it seemed to help. All the little bumps I had around and under my ears have disappeared, and the fruitelia seems to exfoliate my skin during the day. Obviously these are just samples, and I still think I need a night cream and a mask. I am going to get some samples of Decleor today after my dentist appt. I will let you know how they work. I think I am going to concentrate on a cleanser and day lotion right now, since I think I need these the most. Thanks guys! Very Happy
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LizzieW and welcome to the forum wave

It's so exciting when you try out/learn about new products Very Happy , but it can be a bit of a headache when you just can't decide which to go for...

I haven't tried Yonka but there have been great things said about it here on the forum. Plus your skin seems to like it already Very Happy
But, as I'm sure you already know, people also say great things about Decleor. Brick wall

I think one of the best things you could do is have a facial with one of the lines. That way you can also get your skin analysed and the beautician can recommend specific products for your skin type. I had a Decleor facial a few weeks ago and I fell in . (Unfortunately, Dr H came and swept me off my feet before I could get around to buying any Decleor Rolling Eyes )

Oh dear, I don't think I've been much help.. What I would say is that it would be safer to pick one OR the other and as the others have said, introduce each product slowly
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Watch her LizzieW before long Rzecka will be telling you what you CAN and CAN't buy. Laughing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Watch her LizzieW before long Rzecka will be telling you what you CAN and CAN't buy. Laughing

Cindi, my nagging is reserved just for you my dear Wink Also there just isn't enough to go round once I'm done with you! Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Brick wall
LizzieW
5% products discount

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, now your saying I should try Dr. H?? My goodness, I am going to go broke before I even begin.....
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lizzie, people on this forum either love or hate Dr H. I recommend you do a bit of research first, or stick to your original plan, unlike rzecka who changed her mind 50 times a day.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
LizzieW wrote:
Ok, now your saying I should try Dr. H?? My goodness, I am going to go broke before I even begin.....

Oh no, I was afraid of this happening! *runs away in horror....*

Nah, what I'm saying is that once you've decided on something BUY IT STRAIGHTAWAY otherwise you run the risk of falling in love with something else and getting that instead Laughing Honestly, this forum is so fickle Laughing

No, seriously, if you are set on a whole new routine, please don't go rushing off to buy the entire line ( Embarassed ok so I did do just that but that's not important right now). Read this forum for a week or so and I guarantee that your list of must-have products will grow. There are so many wonderful things out there but just not enough time/money/skin.

I'm really not being much help here am I?
Let me try giving some actual advice then..

For your skin type: "oily in the T-zone, blackheads, and tends to be on the red side" I'd say Decleor would be great. See if you can get some samples of the Ylang Ylang oil, Hydra-Matte lotion and the Ylang Ylang Night balm. Also another good one for redness/congestion is the Essential balm. There are loads of threads on this so you could try doing a search if interested.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I picked some skincare website out at random the other night and asked them all for any eye product samples. They all came back to me and hopefully most will be obliging. Sometimes samples are the only way of telling.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Y'all are spoiling the girl's fun!!

To be honest, it may not always be the wisest thing in the world, but when I get bored with a skin care regimen I always run out and buy the wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeee line. Laughing.....

I know, I know.

BUT, it totally keeps my bf out of my bathroom. He says it drives him CRAZY, cause I could have invested it all in a hot car. But, I don't WANT a new car! Even HE admits that its fun to use all the luscious shower stuff though.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Tell you bf if he wants you to have a new car katee, that he can buy it for you Laughing Skin care is a girls best friend, and favourite hobby. Razz
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I know, I'm sorry, I have my sensible hat on today (every day where Cindi is concerned). You two are right - skincare is meant to be FUN so don't let me put a dampner on things. ENJOY Cool you have my blessing Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
OOOOOhhhh does that apply to me Drool Dancing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
NO
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Personally, I think it's possible to incorporate the best of both (or any) product lines! Right now, I'm completely in love with Decleor and have recently discovered the wonders of Yonka's Juvenil (mostly used as a spot treatment for blemishes). I have super-oily skin and nothing I've ever used in the past has really made any difference until I started using Decleor's Aromessence Ylang Ylang Oil and Hyda-matte Regulating Fluid nearly a month ago. Since then, I've also purchased the following Decleor products: Aromessence Lip Balm, Cleansing Oil (good for removing even waterproof makeup), Cleansing Gel (more of a traditional cleanser, but also removes even waterproof makeup), Tonifying Lotion (toner), and have obtained generous samples of their Essential Balm (good for treating skin rashes, ezcema, etc., although I think it's technically a moisturizer??). It was quite an investment, but so far I love, love, love these products!! Most especially the Ylang Ylang and Regulating Fluid, both of which have seemingly turned my hyper-oily face into one that behaves more like a combo normal-to-oily skin type!! I only have a few blackheads across the bridge of my nose, but others here have found -- and I can atest -- that the Ylang Ylang oil is good for "softening" up the blackheads to the point where very little pressure is needed to be applied in order to extract the little suckers!!

Last week, I obtained a generous sample of Yonka's Juvenil and now count myself among the believers of this wonderful product. I had this nasty zit coming up under my chin/along my jawline over the weekend and I applied a drop of the Juvenil after cleansing my face and when I woke up the next morning, the pimple that had all the hallmark's of being a bad one was reduced down to a mere spot. A second application of the Juvenil that night and it was completely gone!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can customize a skincare lineup based on your specific needs that utilizes the most appropriate products from both Decleor and Yonka's lineup. Of course, I think the person that could speak to this topic with the most authority would be ChunLisa, the self-proclaimed Yonka girl who is now also a Decleor devotee! Then -- of course -- there's Mabsy, who's tried just about everything under the sun and possibly a few products from other solar systems.... Wink Very Happy

Anyway, you're definitely going about this the right way by obtaining samples of everything before you commit to any one product line. The other thing to do would be to buy your items from a retailer that offers an iron-clad return policy, such as Sephora. Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't carry Yonka products, but they *do* have Decleor! And the thing I love about Sephora the most is that you can return any item at any time for a complete refund, even if its a year later (!), provided that you don't take back a *completely* empty container (but I have taken back an item that only had about 1/8 of product left in the container, and they didn't give me a hard time!!). Just be sure that, no matter who you end up buying your new skincare stuff from, that you get their return policy in writing. I learned this the hard way when I got shafted by buying Jane Iredale's "Absence" oil control product -- the SA assistant swore to me that I could bring it back if I didn't like it, but when I tried they told me "No, sorry -- no returns or exchanges on skincare or cosmetic items!" Wankers. <where's the emoticon that blows a big raspberry?!>

Hope you find something helpful about this long, rambling reply!
Carrie
LizzieW
5% products discount

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Carrie.

I actually purchased a small bottle of the Decleor cleansing lotion, combo/oily toner, and ylang ylang oil yesterday. So far so good....I'm loving them all! It's only been one night and one morning, so we will see. I look forward to trying a night creme, day moisturizer, mask, and eye creme. I'll keep reading up on everyone's experiences. I really appreciate the Sephora tip. Take Care.
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
This is probably not the best place to look for encouragement for restraint!! Very Happy

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I agree with what Carrie said (minus the solar system comment Laughing). I think you should investigate both lines and try to find the products that work best for you even if that means that you will mix and match brands. I have mixed brands all my life and have not had any problems. Each range has some winners and some losers for everyone so it's important to sample and pick out what you like best.

Have fun experimenting! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |