Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Argan Oil 'Liquid Gold' or not
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
klimax
5% products discount

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've read this does wonders for your skin, hair, nails, lips, and face.

I've did a search before making this thread and did extensive research beforehand, and I read that 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil works for whatever. But I read on a thread here that Argan Oil is high on Oleic Acid which means breakouts? But I read it also manages to make Sebum neutral. Can I please know more about the ingredients composed of this oil and which one is it we need for benefits and which one is likely to have negative effects.

-klimax
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Here is just one assessment on argan oil. It talks about the fatty acids and sterols quite a bit.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejlt.200700220/pdf
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Chlorophyll, very interesting. I have been wondering about this myself. Sounds like I should be eating it!
klimax
5% products discount

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 am      Reply with quote
U can ingest it. But I find ingesting coconut oil tastier because it's coconut lol. I drink tea/coffee with coconut oil (which is what some supermodels do). U can eat it with bread or use as cooking oil.

Argan Oil too con be consumed. But I think applying it to skin would be more sensible as it is a drying oil and very light.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been digging around for info so I can actually answer your question instead of tossing out a link, but I'm coming up blank. Sad It seems like argan oil is more similar to animal fat in the unsaponifiables category, and similar to olive oil in the fatty acid category. The only thing I could guess is that your skin is so busy processing everything that your pores don't have the time to get clogged. (Lol) Or there is just something in the oil that offsets any comedogenicy. Hmmm. Puzzle.

I can never find any information about it being particularly useful for hair, but everyone always loves it on their hair. Stranger and stranger!
klimax
5% products discount

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Your link gave me the right info.

Argan Oil is high in Linoleic Acid. Argan oil contains 200% more tocopherols (Vitamin E) than olive oil (15 times more).

It's been labelled 'Liquid Gold'. I think that says a lot.
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
klimax wrote:
U can ingest it. But I find ingesting coconut oil tastier because it's coconut lol. I drink tea/coffee with coconut oil (which is what some supermodels do). U can eat it with bread or use as cooking oil.

Argan Oil too con be consumed. But I think applying it to skin would be more sensible as it is a drying oil and very light.

read this right after I finished eating bread dipped in Argan oil Laughing

The cosmetic argan is cold pressed light in color. The one we eat in Morocco is dark orange and has a nutty flavor that's amazing. the color and flavor are because the nuts are grilled before pressed.

I went to one of the villages that produce the oil, the whole city has argan smell in the air, also I got the oil pressed the old way using stone grinders.
The women there old and young had the most bright and beautiful skin and hair I have ever seen. they use the oil for everything.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I use it as a moisturizer for day and over serums at night. I have sensitive skin and no breakouts for me.

I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:08 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Thank you Chlorophyll, very interesting. I have been wondering about this myself. Sounds like I should be eating it!

I posted a few times here before how you can buy Argan oil to eat and was wondering why I would buy some at Sephora or a natural shop when I can get the food grade one?

I have not seen the Argan oil you can eat at the mall or grocery chains but O Gourmet sells it online and also has some Moroccan kind of seasonings made with it that look very interesting.

I am tempted to order the seasoning stuff and other items from O Gourmet.
I've bought from there before and service is good.

For oil for hair and body I like Jojoba and still have a big bottle to use up,so might wait to get the actual oil- not sure though...
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've encountered argan oil in restaurants lately, sprinkled over dishes. Is it a new foodie thing? Was a bit wary at first, as I'd only used it on hair and skin previously. But the distinctive fragrance works quite well with certain vegs, or at least to my taste. I'd try it at home if I knew how to cook Smile
klimax
5% products discount

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Argan Oil was labelled 'Liquid Gold' by NYTimes and not by Moroccon people or Berber women (who makes this oil). Marula was labelled 'Miracle Oil' by the people who make the oil? Right orr wrong?

klimax
5% products discount

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone interested in buying 100% Argan Oil. I found these two sellers who have everything going for them. Price is cheapest I found in UK.
1. Realargan
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-PURE-Organic-Moroccan-ARGAN-OIL-for-Skin-Body-Hair-100ml-50ml-10ml-5ml-/130607689122?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&var=&hash=item1e68d32da2

2. Moroccon Gold
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Organic-Moroccan-Gold-producer-Morocco/dp/B00FMWSML0/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1388426833&sr=1-1&keywords=Moroccan+Gold
klimax
5% products discount

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
celebrities/models who use argan oil:
Anais Pouliot
Susie Amy
Giselle Bundchen
Kim Kardashian
Charlize Theron
Madonna
Eva Mendes
Katy Perry
Angelina Jolie
Jennifer Aniston
Josie Maran
Julianne Moore
Kelly Ripa
Kylie Minogue
Marion Cotillard
Scarlett Johansson
Salma Hayek
Selena Gomez
Taylor Swift
Nigella Lawson
Jamie Oliver

http://www.essentialsyou.com/who-is-using-argan-oil/
klimax
5% products discount

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:52 am      Reply with quote
After comparing two of the products, Realargan from ebay, absorbs into the skin more easily than Moroccan gold company, makes skin softer and leaves no residue. Whereas the Moroccan Gold company leaves a matte finish. I recommend the realargan for UK buyers. Over 11,000 sold!
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:35 am      Reply with quote
when you hear obsession with one product,celebrities and e bay then you know there is a salesman behind.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a salesman. I'm a customer who has best interest at heart.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |