Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
If you had known..what product would you have used earlier?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Sunscreen!! (but I did start using it daily at age of 19, so not too bad). Very Happy

I would have to agree lipglossdoll. The main thing is you use it now and as like you I didn't use sunscreen until I was in my late teens after a very nasty sunburn, however I use it religiously now and have been for the past 20 years. Smile

My other product that I wish I had known about is B5 Serum, which contains Pantothenic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid to keep my skin lovely and hydrated without adding excess oil. It is a fantastic product that I use after I apply my Retinol of a night and while it hydrates it doesn't stop the benefits of my Retin-A except to say my skin doesn't peel like it used too when I used my Retinol every night. I still get the skin turnover and my skin looks bright and wonderful without the excess drying. Love this product. Smile
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen and copper peptides.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen, Vita C
kk29
5% products discount

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Definately sunblock and I wouldn't have spent YEARS in tanning beds. You can definately see it in the skin not just on my face but body too : (

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely more sunscreen though I never did much tanning. Copper peptides and Ageless Secret Gold. This stuff is powerful and it feels like it magnifies all the other good things I do or use

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Ohmahgawd a plain old stable sunscreen! For years I caused my skin damage by using what I now believe was an unstable chem sunscreen. I think I made it worse by also using mineral makep with it (the sunscreen had avobenzone). My skin looks soooo much better since I switched to a plain zinc sunscreen with a lower ppd.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen (Roche Posay Anthelios) and Retin-A or one of its derivatives. B
Margaritis
5% products discount

Fri May 06, 2011 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm also new to the forum, I'm 27 and I have never used a sunscreen although I have bought many in the past and some of them were quite expensive. I really dislike the feeling and the look of sunscreen in my skin. Hence, last week I ordered the following two products
-Murad Perfecting Day Cream SPF30
and
-Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF30 Natural Sunscreen
They are suppose to be different from the usual sunscreens so I'm looking forward trying them.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely sunscreen! But I'm still having a hard time finding one that works for me Sad
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Margaritis wrote:
Hi, I'm also new to the forum, I'm 27 and I have never used a sunscreen although I have bought many in the past and some of them were quite expensive. I really dislike the feeling and the look of sunscreen in my skin. Hence, last week I ordered the following two products
-Murad Perfecting Day Cream SPF30
and
-Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF30 Natural Sunscreen
They are suppose to be different from the usual sunscreens so I'm looking forward trying them.

Hate to tell you this but I'm sure that Murad products contain unstable chemical sunscreens i.e. more damage than good.

If you are going to use chemical sunscreens go for Mexoryl or Tinosorb based ones.

I use Vichy Aqualia Thermal day cream spf 15/ppd 18- photostable/high protection. Lots of glowing reviews for it on Makeupalley.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
A major thing that I wish I had known earlier: how bad sleeping on the side is.

I feel that sleeping on one's side with your face in the pillow is worse than not wearing sunscreen.

I wish I had known about this when I was younger so that I could have learned to sleep on my back sooner.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
body brush, giovanni conditioner/shampoo, essential oils such as tea tree/eucalyptus/lavender etc, NYC lip gloss (unfortunately now discontinued. If i knew, would have stocked up! Embarassed ), frederik fekkai rx protein hair mask (swear by this!, hard to find now)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen and botox.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I wish I had known that the way to kill acne wasn't to dry the face until it was bright red. And to never use Sea Breeze Toner by my eyes. My poor skin was so pink all the time, I assumed I had rosacea. Nope, just frying my skin.

And SPF and vit c too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen,CPs and TCA peels.
Scinofi

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I wish someone has told me when I was young that whatever wonder-creams I was applying to my face, to wipe off the excess on my knees. Yes, knees.

Knees get wrinkly because whenever we sit in the sun they are facing up! I wish someone had told me that when I was 20, or even 30!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lots of protection using sunscreen... Use of pure Argan oil and vitamin C serum as part of my beauty regimen....Protect my hands better with gloves....
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:04 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Sunscreen and botox.

Exactly what i was going to write Smile
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't help laughing at the post about knees, as the only protection we need for knees in the UK at the moment is something waterproof to keep off the rain! lol
Scinofi

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, yes, well that solves the problem right there. At least until about May...
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Threading and waxing (instead of shaving)! It means a big difference in terms of hair regrowth--that is, shaving and pucking made things worse for me.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:13 am      Reply with quote
CeraVe .... Love love the PM lotion. Inexpensive and works great. Also AM lotion with SPF.
snowshoe
5% products discount

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
If I would have known, I would have tried facial oils and the OCM a lot earlier than I did. I always shied away from them since I've battled acne and rosacea for a lot of my life.

I found success with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery--makes my skin look fabulous! Then I discovered how well the OCM took care of blackheads and clogged pores. I had to modify the OCM somewhat from the "original" version to come up with the best blend and regimen for my skin. I do wish had discovered it a lot sooner!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:16 am      Reply with quote
dry brushing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
It has to be sunscreen to protect the skin....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |