Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If you had known..what product would you have used earlier?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
fortunately, I have been using sunscreen all my life so the one thing I wish I had known is

OCM, Kukui nut oil & Camellia Oil -- basically I wish I had known the bennies of oil to oily skin rather than stripping my skin with harsher and harsher anti-acne products.
shelliegal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
if i had known what i do at this moment, i would have implement the following into my skin care regime in my late teens - 18 to 19.

cleanse with zia's moisturizing cleanser or suki's moisture rich lotion

use zia's papaya mask and moisture with zia nourishing cream

exfoliate with suki's lemongrass cleanser

and protect my face with mychelle sunshield spf 28.

of course, i probably couldn't afford these products then so...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen of course as everyone has mentioned is probably the most important thing we should start early on.

I am going to have to look into Vitamin C more after all the raves on this thread. I've got a couple of C products and like them fine but never noticed the wow factor that others have. I might try one of the one of the popular ones here after I've used up the ones I've got.

I mainly wish I'd just tried *anything* in my earlier years. I was one who just washed my face with whatever was on sale and never used moisturizer. I think putting something on my skin to help protect it would have been a good investment but it never crossed my mind at the time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
If I would have known at an earlier age what the sun could do to my skin I would have always protected myself with a sunscreen. As a child tan was considered a "healthy look." When I was in my teen I used baby oil and iodine. Shock

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
of course sunscreen!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
1. I kept my face out of the sun and started moisturising at 11. HOWEVER - I completely ignored the neck.
So treat the neck and decollete (it gets a lot of sun damage) as much as the face and as early as possible.

2. If you have treated hair, look after that too. Or after a few years it looks like straw.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen for sure...otherwise cellcosmet eye contour cream!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy SUNSCREEN

You are going to be so glad you started early
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen instead of baking myself.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I hadn't smoked and was more into thinking and being healthy inside and out...you ARE what you feel...definitely wished I had discovered SUNSCREEN in my teens instead of my late teens. Just glad that the decade of partying and substance abusing didn't include baking under a noonday sun !!!

That being said, I wish I had not been so naiive or so sheltered, I would have treated my body like a temple. The exterior's fine, but the interior's probably still trying to recover.

Cool
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
good eye cream and neck cream...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I wish I had used sunscreen, vita C, never coloured or cut my hair for the lastest style and stayed away from horses! Brick wall

Why you would never color or cut your hair?? Question
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:28 am      Reply with quote
eye cream is important. The first thing a lot of people notice are eyes. Which is why I would have loved to have discovered cellcosmet eye contour cream quicker.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I totally forgot about this in my former reply, but eating healthy food should be at the top of the list! I used to live on candy bars, coffee, and junk food, and I never felt that good (surprise) and my skin looked terrible but I didn't tie it together because I grew up that way and never experienced anything different. Unfortunately, my family's intake of fruits and vegetables for a typical day amounted to jelly (fruit) on white bread in the morning, and canned green beans (veggie) with dinner. That was it, and that was a good day. Now that I eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, I feel and look so much better. The importance of eating right is common sense, but easy to forget in our society...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Just like skin care addict said ....SUNSCREEN....Before It's Too Late Wink
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
A good body cream (with SPF) as well. I think a lot of people focus more on their faces and hands, myself included.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I think you should also start taking better care of your hands at a younger age. They go through so much abuse! So besides watching out for your face and neck, include your hands in your routine as they can really give away your age later!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had started using sunscreen on days when I didn't go to the beach. When I was a kid the #8 was the strongest. Unlike some though I do not regret going in the sun frequently some of my happiest times were at the beach with my family. No use living life in a bottle. I don't want to look unused when I die.

I do wish I'd used face things on my hands earlier. they are looking nicer now using DDF glycolic lotion but a dds private school there are plenty of women botoxed to the hilt with creepy hands. That looks so gross.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I wish I had started using sunscreen on days when I didn't go to the beach. When I was a kid the #8 was the strongest. Unlike some though I do not regret going in the sun frequently some of my happiest times were at the beach with my family. No use living life in a bottle. I don't want to look unused when I die.

I do wish I'd used face things on my hands earlier. they are looking nicer now using DDF glycolic lotion but a dds private school there are plenty of women botoxed to the hilt with creepy hands. That looks so gross.

Good point on the happy times at the beach out in the sun! Sometimes when we worry too much (which I am prone to doing) we miss out on a lot of carefree fun times. I also totally agree with you on the botox faces and creepy hands. That looks scary and almost makes all the botox look like a waste of money!
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hands are a dead give away of someones age. Angelwings1226 is absolutely right! Mine get chapped and dry real easily (They even crack!). I think my hands would be a lot better off if I had used a good handcream.
PhaiG
5% products discount

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I would have stayed away from benzoyl peroxide and used salicylic acid products for my acne. I have been dealing with hyperpigmentation from acne breakouts and from benzoyl peroxide damage for years. I would have also used sunscreen or sunblock more. I also wish I would have gone to a dermatologist earlier; I have never been to one in my life. Trying too many products at one time is not good for my skin. When I think of the money I spent trying to rid myself of skin problems, I feel sick. I have since learned to pare down my routine. I have also purchased Dr. Leslie Baumann's The Skin Type Solution and am looking forward to seeing what products are right for my skin type.

I also wish I would have stayed away from hydroquinone in treating my hyperpigmentation.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I would have stayed away from salyic acid too, I used the neutogena acne wash for years and I think it did more harm than good.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi!! Very Happy
but never too late!!
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Does EDS give out samples of obaji.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
PhaiG wrote:
I wish I would have stayed away from benzoyl peroxide and used salicylic acid products for my acne. I have been dealing with hyperpigmentation from acne breakouts and from benzoyl peroxide damage for years. I would have also used sunscreen or sunblock more. I also wish I would have gone to a dermatologist earlier; I have never been to one in my life. Trying too many products at one time is not good for my skin. When I think of the money I spent trying to rid myself of skin problems, I feel sick. I have since learned to pare down my routine. I have also purchased Dr. Leslie Baumann's The Skin Type Solution and am looking forward to seeing what products are right for my skin type.

I also wish I would have stayed away from hydroquinone in treating my hyperpigmentation.

I had no idea that benzoyl peroxide was that bad for your skin! I knew it had a drying effect but I didnt know it caused permanent damage. I no longer have acne problems, but when I did salicylic acid didnt work as well for me as benzoyl peroxide did. Im glad I dont have to use it anymore!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |