Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
If you had known..what product would you have used earlier?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Well, after reading this thread

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36238&highlight=

no products, only water.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
SUNSCREEN!!!!
vanbergc
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Good story *mirjana*. Wish I'd known about sunscreen also. I destroyed my skin back in the day. I adore that book/movie too (Love in the time of Cholera)...those women knew how to take care of their skin didn't they?

Frodo...hah! :lol:
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Wish I discovered my vaculift earlier (and Lumigan - the first product I've ever seen work within weeks of use).
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen (egad, I used to sunbathe with Crisco) Shock

And vitamin C serum

And I would have avoided all of the products that have a lot of chemicals and harsh ingredients (especially drugstore acne products)

My skin has never looked better now that I stick to products with mostly natural ingredients

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
clarisonic - i have a major clogged pores problem

sunscreen - i started in my early 20s but i wished i did earlier on when i was using really harsh stuff on my acne wrecked teenage skin Sad

makeup remover - i used to not use this in my teens even tho' i used powder, over my acne prone skin, crazy! i thought just cleansing with a heavy foam cleanser and toner was good enough!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I would have not stopped using Jurlique products over the last ten years. I unfortunately jumped around trying everything else, only to repeatedly come back to them with some amazing results for my skin type!!! I would have also started using an eye cream at 20,rather than now at 36 when I have signs of crows feet forming!!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
At this point in my life I wish I had started using Renova much earlier! I absolutely love it!
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
if i were known, I would definitely try sunscreen cream at my early ages.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:51 am      Reply with quote
To my previous list Skinbiology BND Cream.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Obviously sunscreen goes without saying but I wish I had been more disciplined in my use of products. I bought products but didn't always use them every morning and night. Now I have a routine that I very rarely miss.

Also I take care of my hands as well as my face and neck.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
i should have used a better moisturizer and eye cream, and be consistent with them.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, the opposite is also true. I wish I hadn't spent so much money on products that the salespeople in department stores swore would solve all my problems!! I could have bought a small car instead!! Laughing

Now I read ingredients and research thoroughly (including EDS forums) before I buy anything.
ilusa26
5% products discount

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
i want a good sunblock but not oily. any recommendations?
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
OBAGI NU-DERM and sunblock
jiafeimao9889
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
i would have used an eye cream!!
but i knew nothing about skin care when i am 20 years old.

lianne wrote:
I would have used more sunblock and a sunless tanner instead.

Oh and an eye cream!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Smile Vitamin C Serums Smile
Wink A razor on my face Wink

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
dongss_1999
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I hate to say regret, but I definitely would've started using eye cream and sun block (Sun Protection Cream) at 18-20. Now, the freckles on my check bother me so much!

5% products discount

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Alkaitis' eyecreme! I've had a sample and it is soooo good.. Really smooth and calming and it really reduced my eye discoloration.. I must say it is quite pricey..
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-a & TCA peels.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sunblock, RetinA

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 am      Reply with quote
eyecream,
sunscreen
Vitamin C Serums

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 am      Reply with quote
It must be sunblock!!!!!!
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen, vit c, papaya enzyme peel, retin-a, acv, ocm... there are probably more things. I don't think the eds forum existed when I was a kid!

I'm really happy that I've at least had the good sense to stay out of the sun as much as I have over the years. I just didn't like getting so dark, and after one nasty burn on the back of my neck while on vacation, didn't want to risk another. Plus I remember seeing women with mottled skin when I was overseas.. not that I put 2 + 2 together, but I think the images bothered me.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen!! (but I did start using it daily at age of 19, so not too bad). Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |