Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
If you had known..what product would you have used earlier?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
If I had known about the ultimate eye cream, to stop bags, sags, dark circles, lines, wrinkles, I wouldhave used it since beerth. What eye cream am I talking about Question IM STILL SEARCHING AAARRRHHHHHHH Mad Mad Mad
Gypsy
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
sun block
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Definetely sunblock..I landed twice in the hospital for using baby oil when I was about 15 years old..Now I am 29 and trying to get rid of my nast sun spots...I am soo crazy about it, I apply sunblock to my 3 year old everyday!!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sunblock! I went to college in LA and worked there a few years after graduation. I didn't know anything about sunblock and I used to walk everywhere since I had no car in college Sad
cait2k3
5% products discount

Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
cait2k3 wrote:
thank you guys for all your wise words [sorry i've been missing in action for about a week - cramming for finals]! is it me, or does it seem like there is quite a few red heads at this message board? seems like the proportion here is definetly higher than the proportion of red heads in the US [was it 3% i heard? we are all rare miracles!]

so anyway.. i'm not going to the tanning salon anymore! you scared me! it is rather expensive too. i wonder if i could sell my half full bottles of tanning salon gel on ebay? that stuff is really expensive. to the person who was surprised that i didn't get burned in a tanning bed.. i believe i got burned once or twice.. but i started very slowly and worked my way up a minute or two every week as to not burn. it was the first time my pasty skin was ever able to get a tan, so you can see why i am/was a fan of the tanning beds.

i went to sephora to try to find the tantowel carekate recommended. i have tried MANY MANY self tanning lotions and usually ended up embarassing myself. [8th grade when i lived in florida: cait goes to school, friends give her a bad look and say "you didn't try the self tanner again, did you?!"]. i was the queen of orangy/streaky selftanness so you can see why i'm a little worried about trying yet another self tanner. sephora didn't have it, but ill find one on ebay for sure. as for mystic tan, i've done that too! its very expensive and inconvenient [hate the smell]..AND after a couple days, if i itched my arm or leg, the stuff would come off in my nails. mystic tan scratches off! nasty! but..i will give the tantowel a try because carekate made it sound foolproof.

thank you everyone for all your thoughtful insight..i promise i wont go to a tanning bed or fry myself in the sun anymore [actually, i rarely ever laid in the sun because i get bored WAY really quick].

one message-board question..how do you make a reply to someones post that shows the person's post in your reply? was that a tongue twister?

Do you mean like this Question
If so just click the quote on top of the post you want. If not, sorry I am confused

yes that is what i meant! thanks for showing me Smile
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sunblock for sure, if I could have tolerated it then. Until recently the advances in sun care wasn't there yet then so I was allergic to the stuff. Sad Now I'm battling hyperpigmentation. Mad
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am bringing this post back as i really like it. this was around the time i joined EDS and for some reason, i kept remembering this post and think it will be helpful to newer members.

and i am adding my tips:

eye cream for sure, i started using one when i was 18 and a good sunblock with a decent protection against not only UVB rays but also UVA rays. removing sunscreen properly (an oil-based cleanser is a must have IMO). when i don't remove it properly, i can feel the ss sitting on my skin and am certain the products i apply afterwards don't have an opportunity to sink in properly.

and mineral makeup. i don't use foundation since my skin is pretty good to start with, but i do use mineral eyeshadows/liners which irriate the eyes a lot less.

now that i am in my later 20s, i have started using retinol products. it's taking my skin to new heights Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen. (Echo....) Vitamin C serum at the first sign of a wrinkle. Avoid harsh drugstore stuff (Noxema, Clearasil, and the like trashed my skin).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
sunscreen; fruits and vegetables; sunglasses;

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had used sunscreen, vita C, never coloured or cut my hair for the lastest style and stayed away from horses! Brick wall

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Luckily, I've been using sunscreen every day since I was about 13, even before I knew how important it was! All through my teen years I was the punk rock girl that rebelled against conformity by staying pasty and pale while all the other girls baked themselves. And even though I'm only 21, I can already see the difference compared to girls my age who would hit the tanning beds.

I really wish I had discovered OCM, and how to use essential oils and oils in general earlier. My skin has never been better!
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
must be sunscreen

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Remergent all the way or Valmont.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen and a vitamin c serum (look at the homemade recipes available in the DIY section).

Use a gentle cleanser as many younger people with oily skin tend to over cleanse their skin in the hope it will help, but it can stimulate the oil glands to produce even more oil. Possibly an otc retinol product like Neutrogena or ROC used 2-3 nights a week only. Some people feel that overuse of retinols, even the weaker otc formulations, may lead to thinning of the skin. You may be well off leaving this until you are in your late 20's or 30's, unless you already have sun damage.

Lastly do not over exfoliate. Exfoliation once or twice a week at most. Some people become hooked on how good their face looks when they first exfoliate and then keep expecting that there will be as drastic a difference every time they exfoliate. There isn't, and so they keep using stronger exfoliating products, or exfoliate more and more often and end up damaging their skin.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Obagi more than any other product line has improved my complexion.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Products :
Dremu oil
Sunscreen

Treatments :
Light Therapy (both doctor's office and home DIY)
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I wish that i hadnt tried to squeeze and pick at blind pimples.
Sunscreen rather than the coconut oil.
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
EMU OIL

LIGHT THERAPIE

HA SERUM
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen!

Kassy.. Cool

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen!

Kassy.. Cool

I completely agree on the sunscreen. I wish I had used more of it growing up in Miami. Now, I am paying the price. My niece is a life guard at a local pool and I am constantly on her to use sunscreen.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
sunblock, every single day.
eyecream, every single day.
antioxidants, every blah blah blah
mineral makeup

I've gotten my neices on the mineral makeup bandwagon, more difficult convincing 21 year old girls about the rest. Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
apart from sunblock..

Eluage, for smoothing out my forehead and minimising pores.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I wish I'd known about sunblock even earlier, particularly which types of sunblock are actually effective against long-term damage. That, and easing off the zit-picking and benzoyl peroxide and whatnot. I also wish I'd tried Retin-A earlier for my acne.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I wish I had used sunscreen, vita C, never coloured or cut my hair for the lastest style and stayed away from horses! Brick wall

horses?

For me, it's hands-down Jan Marini Bioclear lotion, bioglycolic cleanser and transformation cream.

I haven't found a good eyecream yet.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Sunblock (then Vit. C serum)

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |