Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Natural products unsuitable for sensitive skins??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone else have problems with high end products like decleor, dr. hauschka, babor, I've tried all these lines that claim they are for sensitive skin. At first I love the products, the way they make my skin feel, the smell of them, but about a week later my skin breaks out in an itchy, pimply aweful mess! I'm sorry to say I am through with purchasing any more expensive skin care products, they just aren't made for me Sad
I've been using plain old 10.00 dollar moisturel cream to get my skin back to normal and I'll tell you my skin is radiant and pimple free right now! So I guess I will still come on the boards and participate with you all but I can't waste anymore money on eds skin care products, bummer because I love trying out new things, you girls are so lucky to beable to use these lovely products, I wish I could!
If anyone has any input to what they use for their sensitive skin that isn't high end maybe give my a shout, I'm into trial and error just don't want to make anymore expensive errors Very Happy
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moosette!

I totally know where u are coming from. I have sensitive/acne prone skin as well Confused , and have had a hard time finding something that helps. I haven't tried the brands you mentioned, but I've tried a few others that didn't do much for my skin (except M.D. Forte - I really love that stuff!!)

Anyways, one of my FAVE low-end products is Eucerin skin renewal lotion, it keeps my skin totally hydrated & hasn't given me pimples (+ spf 15). This & their other lotions are all pretty nice, and average about $7. I actually discovered this lotion when I was abroad in Spain a few years back and really liked it, and I was amazed at how much cheaper was when I got back to the U.S.!!

Also, I like the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask (with sulfur), it helps keep my skin refreshed & pimples away (plus it smells like spearmint gum - yumm!!). It costs about $3.00. Both of these things you can usually find at a department store/drugstore in the U.S.

Anyways, I'm interested to hear what other people say have worked for them... I love finding a product that I can save me money Very Happy Especially so I can turn around and spend that money on the expensive *must haves* Laughing
Mabsy

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:02 am      Reply with quote
ktsweets - Wow, you can use the QH Mint Julep on your sensitive skin? I don't have sensitive skin and it's really a struggle sometimes keeping this mask on my face for the first few minutes. It seriously burns! I have read that some people experience burning and others do not at all but I would have thought that the sensitive skinned people would not do well with this. Shows how different skins really are!
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
ktsweets, I'm also interested to know what people with sensitive skin use to keep their skin comfortable.
I read somewhere on a dermatology web site that less is more when it comes to products for the super sensitive like yours truly Confused
When you read the ingredients make sure there isn't a big long list, I basically break out from anything scented even essential oils, lavender, tea tree, parabens, alcohol bases, lanolin, sodium lauryl sulfates...the list goes on and on, sometimes something will break me out and I don't know what the culprit is Shock
So my daily ritual is this (pretty dull)...

Fav-cleanser-spectro gel (Canadian product)
Facial moisturizer-moisturel cream at the moment because its winter here, but need to find something lighter for summertime!
Body lotion- Aveeno Baby Lotion-really love this, makes your skin nice and smooth, or Cetaphil cream in the winter time....
For my body I use Dove for sensitive skin and sometimes aveeno body oil if my skin is really dry!
Thats it...pretty simple, but it works for me! Very Happy
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you are much better than I am at keeping it simple Smile I always go for the overload!

Anyways, I'm not sure if it's the amount of ingredients in a product that make it bad for sensitive skin, it's just that the more ingredients there are, the more chances there might be SOMETHING in them that irritates you. That doesn't mean they will though. I just make sure I know what irritates my skin the most (like any form of retinol or BP), and stear clear. Everything else is pretty hit & miss besides that!!
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
moosette wrote:
ktsweets, I'm also interested to know what people with sensitive skin use to keep their skin comfortable.
I read somewhere on a dermatology web site that less is more when it comes to products for the super sensitive like yours truly Confused
When you read the ingredients make sure there isn't a big long list, I basically break out from anything scented even essential oils, lavender, tea tree, parabens, alcohol bases, lanolin, sodium lauryl sulfates...the list goes on and on, sometimes something will break me out and I don't know what the culprit is Shock
So my daily ritual is this (pretty dull)...

Fav-cleanser-spectro gel (Canadian product)
Facial moisturizer-moisturel cream at the moment because its winter here, but need to find something lighter for summertime!
Body lotion- Aveeno Baby Lotion-really love this, makes your skin nice and smooth, or Cetaphil cream in the winter time....
For my body I use Dove for sensitive skin and sometimes aveeno body oil if my skin is really dry!
Thats it...pretty simple, but it works for me! Very Happy

I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser and that has sodium lauryl sulfate..But i read that the only time its irritating is if its a 2% or higher. and the cleanser is at less then 1%. I use the cream as well at night..but im looking for a new cream because even though it doesnt irritate, i'd like more moisture.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I also agree that keeping it simple is the best with sensitive skin...I only use a few products daily...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |