Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oscar Dresses
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I watched part of the Academy Awards on Sunday night, and reckon that all of you did so too, or caught highlights. I am glad to see that actresses have returned to old-style, elegant, glamour gowns.

Again, I didn't see everyones' dresses, but I thought that Julia Roberts' classic black frock looked wonderful (she looks great!), and I loved Hilary Swank's dress! She didn't wear the strapless dress, like most women did. The colour was gorgeous on her, I loved the drape of the fabric, the cut, and the plunging back was stunning. I want MY back to look like her's!

The following night, I was watching Entertainment Tonight, and was appauled by fashionista Steven Cojacaru's review of Oscar dresses. His top picks: Charlize Theron & Gwyneth Paltrow. I agree that they both looked lovely. Charlize looked dreamy & frothy in her Christian Dior, and Gwyneth looked great ... with boobs. (Remember her gorgeous 1999, pink dress? It had enough room to pack her lunch in the bodice!)

However, Cojo ranked Hilary Swank's dress as the WORST. Shock WHAT!?! He called it "frumpy" & "matronly". What is he talking about?! If you know who he is, the man has bad hair, a creepy smile, and needs to get his eyes checked! If I had Hilary's height, perky ta-tah's, and long waist, I'd wear that dress!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Your description of Cojo was bang-on and *so* true!! What a hilarious post! Laughing Laughing
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe somebody would say that Hilary Swank's dress was the worst. Shock
I loved the way it was fabric from neck to toe at the front without any cleavage showing, then a plunging back. Very sexy. Why was Sophie Okonedo wearing a wedding dress? Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I can't stop laughing...

I thought Hillary Swank's dress was stunning.

There are probably as many different opinions as there are Ben & Jerry ice cream flavors (mmmmm....cherry garcia), BUT that guy was just so damn bitchy! I'd like to lock him and Joan Rivers and her spawn up in a windowless room for a day and then see which of them comes out alive. Very Happy
Caspers Mum

Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
OMG I can't stop laughing...

I thought Hillary Swank's dress was stunning.

There are probably as many different opinions as there are Ben & Jerry ice cream flavors (mmmmm....cherry garcia), BUT that guy was just so damn bitchy! I'd like to lock him and Joan Rivers and her spawn up in a windowless room for a day and then see which of them comes out alive. Very Happy

Those two are both tacky, tacky, tacky!
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
We don't have tv down here so I didn't see the Oscars but I did look up the dresses on the internet. I agree that Hilary Swank looked amazing in that dress.
The front of the dress is unusual, especially for award shows when so many of the women are just a couple of strips of double sided tape away from letting it all hang out. She is stunning though and it works. There is nothing matronly about her figure!
Beyonce looked fantastic too, her mom must not have dressed her this time.
Taryn Manning looks like a crack ho, I'm hoping the scary hair is for a part she's playing but there's no excuse for that dress.
Natalie Portman is a beautiful young women - who should fire her stylist.
Of course everybody has a right to their opinion but these two twits' self absorbed shtick is so awful. I can't believe anybody cares what they think. Their phony sincerity makes me retch.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
freefall2 wrote:
We don't have tv down here so I didn't see the Oscars but I did look up the dresses on the internet. I agree that Hilary Swank looked amazing in that dress.
The front of the dress is unusual, especially for award shows when so many of the women are just a couple of strips of double sided tape away from letting it all hang out. She is stunning though and it works. There is nothing matronly about her figure!
Beyonce looked fantastic too, her mom must not have dressed her this time.
Taryn Manning looks like a crack ho, I'm hoping the scary hair is for a part she's playing but there's no excuse for that dress.
Natalie Portman is a beautiful young women - who should fire her stylist.
Of course everybody has a right to their opinion but these two twits' self absorbed shtick is so awful. I can't believe anybody cares what they think. Their phony sincerity makes me retch.

I agree about Joan & Melissa Rivers! Gag! Perhaps Robin Williams' joke could have been directed to them. "What are these bumps under my eyes??"

"Madame, those are your nipples."

Bad plastic surgery never lies, even though these two do!

Again, I want Hilary Swank's back!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I like Joan Rivers, we dont see so much of her now but I liked her as a stand up comediene in years gone by.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite of the nite is Kate Winslet, really nice colour on her, very very pretty and simple !

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
YES! Kate Winslet looks amazing.

Gwyneth Paltrow is fabulous in her dress too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm.....the color of Kate's dress looks a little diff in color in this pic, it's more lavender on TV, either way, I think it's perfect on her, so refreshing !

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Don't forget Johnny, he looked dashing too
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:13 am      Reply with quote
My favorite was also Kate Winslet. That blue suited her peaches and cream complexion very well. I thought it was an unusual color to see at an awards show. Usually there is so much black,red or various sparkly colors. I really liked it. Deceptively simple-looking and elegant and she looked great in it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |