Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How to store Vit C serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I was just wondering if Vit C serum needs any special storage? Confused
Should it be in the fridge or is medicine cabinet OK?

Aga
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Cap tightly after each use and keep in a cool, dry place. Light and air help to destabilize C so you want to get a product that is packaged in a dark bottle, use and quickly recap.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Betterat40! Smile
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I know that many people apply their C in the morning however I have heard that it is better to apply Vit. C at night.
The reason is that it's effects last for 3 days on the skin regardless of washing, (so you still get the protective qualities throughout the day) and it's the ultraviolet light that really contributes to degradation. However, artificial light isn't anywhere near as harmful. Therefore, the theory being that if you apply it at night, the product will last much longer because it's not exposed as much.

Has anyone else heard this?
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thats interesting Dianne.

I dont know why exactly but I always read that everyone appies it in the morning.Must be a reason there as well Wink
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have read that also. I always have applied mine at night. I also read that it's better to apply it at night because the pollutants that you're exposed to throughout the day are better neutralized by a dose of vitamin C at night than in the morning. But I really think it's a matter of personal choice. I do my Vitamin C treatment at night & my oxygen serum in the morning. That's just the routine that I've found works best for me.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
You want to use C during the day to act as the "sponge" to soak up free radicals produced as your skin is exposed to UV light, smoke, pollutants, etc. Putting it on at night helps to encourage collagen synthesis but obviously since you are not exposed to UV light etc. then, those benefits are not enjoyed. Exposure to UV light does not destabilize the C in your skin. Once it has soaked in, it is there as an "anti-oxidant" to combat the damage done by the oxidation process where "pro-oxidants" like free radicals are formed. If your skin could handle it, using twice a day would be optimal. The plasma level of the C would be kept very high so you would enjoy daytime and nighttime benefits.

It is true that C stays in your skin for 72 hours but the plasma level in your skin drops dramatically after 24 hours tapering off to zero at 72 hours. For me, I want the protection to be maximized all the time so I would use every day in the AM.
Mabsy

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I always use mine in the morning, for the very reasons that Betterat40 stated behind her decision to use the serum in the morning.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I always use mine in the morning too...because Mabsy and GuapaGirl said so!!!!
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I believe the reason vit c does not last long is because of the oxidation process. No matter where u store or what u do, once exposed to O2, the deterioration starts. that's just from my experience & my little knowledge of chemistry!

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Am looking for a recommendation for a Vit C serum. I am using Obagi products.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Suzy wrote:
Am looking for a recommendation for a Vit C serum. I am using Obagi products.

What type of skin do you have Suzy and have you used vit C before? Those factors will determine the vit C serum that's best for you. If you have drier skin I'd go with Vivier serumsm or CSRx serums as they have more slip (CSRx having the most of the two). If you have combination or oilier skin then Cellex-C or Skinceuticals would be better choices as they are more watery. If you are just starting then 10% should be a good starting point unless you have sensitive skin in which case you should go for lower. Hope that helps.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I always use mine in the morning too...because Mabsy and GuapaGirl said so!!!!

Blimey Carrie, I hope you don't always do as I say Laughing
That said, Dianne and Pbsadhaka's reasons for using at nigt make sense as well, but then I wouldn't be able to use my CPs if I used it at night Confused
I think Bliss spa sell a C serum that they recommend using 2x a day....I always thought that it was just so you had to use more of it and repurchase twice as often Rolling Eyes

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |