Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Keratosis Pilaris-tiny red bumps on the back of upper arm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a treatment that really works to get rid of Keratosis Pilaris on the back of the upper arms?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
500 mg rutin (dietary supplement) twice a day by mouth for 3 months cleared it up for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use Retin A as needed...clears the bumps right up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Where did Keratosis come from?

Thanks Fawnie! do you know if interferes with any other medications?

Bethany, I didn't know you could use retin a on your arms! How much do you use?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=keratosis+pilaris

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=rutin+drug+interactions

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:

Bethany, I didn't know you could use retin a on your arms! How much do you use?

I just use a minimal amount, but enough to cover the area fully, and rub it in. The exfoliation aspect clears up the clogged follicles in about a week for me. I only have to do it like twice a year, but you may need more often depending on the severity.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, What about just plain old exfoliating with apricot scrub? Will that work if I do it a few times a week?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
Hello everyone, What about just plain old exfoliating with apricot scrub? Will that work if I do it a few times a week?

Sure. You can do that til the cows come home and the KP will keep coming back. Rutin cured it for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hello,

I started oil pulling on Aug. 1 of 2006, hoping for better over-all health. After googling "oil pulling" and learning how it is done, I started using coconut oil and gently swishing 2 teaspoons through my mouth each morning on an empty stomach. Instantly, I noticed whiter teeth and a pinker tongue. The process is thought to remove toxins from the body, and I was curious as to what other health improvements I would notice. On day 21 of oil pulling, I realized my skin was 90-95% clear of all the little bumps. Then I remembered that for two days before, my upper arms had felt more dry and crusty than usual, but I didn't think anything of it at the time, since that skin was never smooth anyway. I now think this was the KP condition drying up and sloughing off.

As I never expected oil pulling to have any effect one way or the other on my KP, I was surprised, and grateful, to see this improvement.

I took a trip to visit my sister for 3 weeks, and cut back my oil pulling to 10 min. each morning so we could start chatting as soon as we got up. The bumps started to come back. I resumed the 20 min. regimen, and they again diminished. For me, this was conclusive evidence that it was the oil pulling responsible for the clearer skin.

I now do two 20-30 min. back-to-back sessions each morning to clear up the remaining 5-10%, and it is clearing. My skin is very smooth.

(Update) In addition to whiter teeth and reduced KP, I also, over several months, saw the dark circles under my eyes greatly diminish, fine facial lines and crow's feet (wrinkles at the edge of my eyes) greatly diminished, sore joints (premature arthritis?) ended, I started to sleep better, minor gum bleeding when I flossed ended, my heels and elbows became softer, my skin became softer all over. After 6 months, my husband asked me if I was using a hair rinse, as I had less gray hair. I, too, had noticed that my hair was getting slightly darker, but didn't know why and didn't say anything to him about it. I have since read on other web sites that oil pulling has reduced gray hair for some. I did not have much gray hair to begin with, but any gray hair is not welcome, so this was wonderful to see.

After all these health benefits, I would never stop oil pulling. It is the single best thing I have ever done for my health.

Google "oil pulling" for more information. I hope some of you try this.

Smile Smile

Seems like when you oil pull the coconut oil will get to the blood stream through the channels under the tongue which connect to the whole body.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
What "channels under the tongue"?? are you human??

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

Yeah i have the luck to be:)
I meant the sublingual passages.

Are you mad?Did you use again silicon based product? Laughing
Kidding .Good night fawnie. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

I was told if you put medications under your toungue they are supposed to be absorbed faster?
Not sure if that is really true but I have had a few nurses tell me some medications you are supposed to put under your toungue...

-I do not think I am spelling tongue? properly...oh well...

Maybe the person who is doing this wonderful oil pulling is swallowing some of the coconut oil and that is helping them.

And maybe their skin is firmer because they are doing some exercises with their face now since they "oil pull" an hour a day??

Well, to me anyways the oil pulling seems as wonderful as the elephant in my house and the unicorns in my backyard.

(btw...I really do have an elephant in my house..he weights 20 pounds....)

Now about the oil pulling removing toxins, all I can say is I hope people can figure out how the body works.
toxins do not come out of your hands or feet...LOL.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi All, Okay so the scrub is a no go? Well, how about coconut oil? I was reading an article that said to rub the coconut oil on the spot where the KP is in the shower and it shall magically disappear. It didn't say how long it would take. Has anyone else tried this?
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Most of the time KP is from a pre-formed vitamin A (retinol form, not beta carotene) deficiency, which is why retinol products work well topically to clear it.
Due to thyroid disease, I don't convert beta carotene to retinol very efficiently, so I take fish liver sourced vitamin A softgels (Carlson Labs brand) and my mild KP clears in about a week.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks hzzyjane I did not know that. I've been taking Pharmax fish oil in liquid for over a year now. It hasn't done anything for KP. I have some year old Retin-A that I stopped using because of all the cancer stuff.

What about Dermarest? Doesn't that cure all skin problems?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
Thanks hzzyjane I did not know that. I've been taking Pharmax fish oil in liquid for over a year now. It hasn't done anything for KP. I have some year old Retin-A that I stopped using because of all the cancer stuff.

What about Dermarest? Doesn't that cure all skin problems?

The Dermarest has BHA in it. I have read that people have good results using a lotion with AHA in it.

If you already have Dermarest, I would try it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:

I have to take fairly high doses of vitamin A (like 10,000+ IU's), which fish oil definitely wouldn't contain. You want to look for fish liver derived A- not just fish oil, which is just omega 3 fats.
Cheerisonic
5% products discount

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I had that problem for about three years until I switched soaps and went to a natural lotion like Kiss My Face. I use the term "natural" loosely but it is better than lotions with more chemicals. Smile

I started using Goat's Milk Soap and it was too drying but the bumps were gone. I then started using African Black Soap and still no bumps. The soap I was using while having all the bumps was Dove or Cetaphil.

I had been to the dermatologist for it and everything and nothing worked. If I use a new soap or lotion they come back. So it is worth a try to mix things up a bit and change products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Cheersonic, You had them too? We're yours itchy? Mine have now become very itchy and have moved onto the back of my shoulders. I'm going to try one of those soaps and see how it works. Thank you!
Cheerisonic
5% products discount

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie,

I went to the dermatologist for the KP and nothing helped.

I finally switched soaps, lotions, etc. to use more natural items and that is when the KP finally resolved itself. If switching soaps and lotions doesn't help, keep trying it is not going to hurt.

I had some itching with mine, but more I just wanted to just scratch them away because I didn't like bumps on my arms. I hated that!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |