Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Advise on every possible anti-aging measure...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:00 am      Reply with quote
...that can be taken Smile I'm 23 and never had a brilliant diet. I don't eat a lot of junk food but don't eat much fruit. Only one portion of veg a day really with my evening meal.

My skin has shown signs of aging recently. Slight lines under the eyes, noticeable forehead lines (actually had them there for many years) and my boobs don't seem very firm anymore and noticed some stretch marks forming on them.

I must admit for the past couple of years I've been trying to stop drinking cola. It is definitely my comfort drink (suffer with depression) and some days I would consume almost a 2 litre a bottle, EEK! I've managed to cut down recently I only allow myself two cans of diet coke a day. And drink almost 2 litres of spring water and sparkling spring water throughout the day now. It has helped a lot I think Smile

I really want to change my diet but I need help as I suffer with anxiety too and that can stop me from eating. I take multivitamins which contain 100% RDA of vitamins A to K. I want to know what supplements are highly recommended for anti-aging there are so many its hard to know what is for the best. I am very tempted to take vitamin c caps as I heard its great for boosting collagen. Should I take something for hydration like HA? My natural skin is dry and sensitive and always has been.

Vitamin packed smoothies I am interested in too. Anyone know any good ones that are picked with all matter of vitamins and minerals?

Obviously any other anti-aging methods and techniques would be really appreciated Very Happy

My skin care routine -

wise I use olive oil to remove makeup, cetaphil to cleanse, sometimes olive oil soap if I don't have a lot of makeup to remove. Then i am going to be making a toner made of ACV, chamomile tea and glycerine. And i have been using rosehip oil for a few months which doesn't react on my sensitive skin though i do feel i might need some more hydration Smile

Also looking for a decent exfoliating scrub that really gets all the dead dry skin of my face. Olive oil and sugar didn't get all the dead skin and baking soda i had high hopes for but it stung my skin something crazy!

Well anyways hope that post wasn't too long lol. Please any advice welcome Smile Thanks so much!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Some good advice here that has gone over all your questions:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=41899

Getting a grip on anxiety would be one thing to help yourself. Anxiety and cortisol go hand in hand. High circulating cortisol will age the body.
http://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article%20folder/stresscortisol.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Definitely work on kicking that cola * spam alert *. Even diet cola is bad for you - the caramel coloring is downright toxic, even if it doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup. It's hard, but I know it can be done, because I am a former cola addict (always drank a full litre, every day). Now I drink it maybe once a month, or when I'm in a restaurant (not very often) I might order a Coke with lunch or dinner. I'm not addicted to it any more. I'm addicted to lemon water!

Eat lots of fruits and veggies! I try to have a smoothie in the morning and a big giant salad at lunch, then cooked veggies for dinner.

Here's a typical fruit smoothie for me:

1 frozen banana
1/2 c. frozen raspberries
1 T. cocoa powder
1-2 packets stevia, according to taste
1 1/2 c. coconut or almond milk

To this I add a teaspoon of vitamin C crystals and a teaspoon of OptiMSM, and several drops of Biosil - I recommend all three of these supplements for healthy and vibrant skin, strong nails and fast-growing hair!

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Rosehip oil is great for your skin but it makes my face feel itchy. I would mix it with at least one other oil like olive, coconut or meadowfoam.

Vitamin C is a must either orally, topically, or both. Orally about 1,000 to 2,000 mg daily is great, but fruits and veggies are your best source.

Niacinamide is also great for your skin, helps moisturize and close pores. I put it in my toner at 5%.

Cure Natural Aqua Gel is my fave exfoliator. It's pricey but fabulous. You can get it on Amazon.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely get rid of the diet coke * spam alert *. hard on teeth - such a high acid level and physically wreaks havoc on body metabolism and homeostasis. Diet coke is as bad or worse than regular coke.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Definitely get rid of the diet coke * spam alert *. hard on teeth - such a high acid level and physically wreaks havoc on body metabolism and homeostasis. Diet coke is as bad or worse than regular coke.

Yup biggest scam in the "diet" arena are nutrasweet and splenda... They are nowhere near the same as regular sugar. In fact, both are shown to cause cancer in lab animals. The worse part is that aspartame is added to everything now. It's sickening. Not that I'm a gum chewer, but I noticed they brought back juicy fruit and double mint gum. So I figured they were the same old formula. Nope - they both contain aspartame. Sweet deception - the poisoning of society. Shock
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Aspartame = poison.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Sugar will definitely age your skin and body. In many people, sugar cravings are a symptom of low serotonin, which is what makes the craving so hard to break.

My solution was to start taking a tryptophan supplement, although 5-htp is pretty much the same thing, and I use it too, when I can't get tryptophan at a good price. My sugar cravings vanished when I corrected my serotonin levels.

I used The Mood Cure to study this, but you can learn a lot for free by googling serotonin. The Mood Cure website offers a free quiz that might be helpful in deciding if this is an angle you want to look into further.

You're smart to be thinking of these things while you're in your twenties. Clean up your diet while you're young, and you'll have pretty skin when you're old. The time will pass more quickly than you think!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |