Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nasolabial Folds and Lighting
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone I have a specific question regarding nasolabial folds. I am only 22, and notice that under certain types of lighting I have creases/nasolabial folds, but when I am in different lighting (such as a bathroom) I have not a single hint of a nasolabial fold. My question is, is it natural for everyone to have these folds (or even the lack of them) depending on the light you are under, or does it Only mean that you do NOT have nasolabial folds if under Every type of lighting, there are no creases visible?

By the way everyone, depending on the answers that I do get, could anyone especially those around my age, tell me if this happens to them or not? I was just wondering if nasolabial folds depending on lighting, are normal for everyone, including people who are very young?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think you will drive yourself crazy worrying about this. Sometimes the position of the light can cast shadows and give you a different look.

Do you look different from how you did when you were younger? Have you recently lost weight, changed your diet and are eating less protein? You could just be one of those people whose youthful face has always had such chubby cheeks that stick out in a way that you cannot help having what look like N/L lines:

I really think that instead of becoming obsessed with trying to look like someone who has no lines, work on being the best YOU can be. That means aim to do right by your face now so that you can maintain the beauty and skin integrity you have now. If you choose to do face exercises, you can maintain the tone in your face and if the N/L lines are new due to loss of tone, the exercises should erase them as they take your face back to the tone you once had. Otherwise, do not let the unnaturally frozen/filled, Photoshopped faces you see on TV or magazines make you become obsessed with unnatural perfection so that you start to find fault in your face when there may be none.

Here is some more food for thought: the little fat you have in your face now that may be the cause for your concern will be gone soon enough and you will miss it--ask anyone years older if you don't believe me. So if chubby cheeks are your "problem", thank your luck stars and embrace them.

Take a look at chubby-faced Priscilla Presley when she was 22 or so. See the shadow her cheeks cause? Might be similar to what you are seeing...

A few years later, her smile was still so youthful that it formed very shallow N/L lines. The tone in her face was not even allowing parentheses to form around her mouth:

And then in her 30's when she acted in Dallas, while her cheeks were not as chubby, there was still no hint of N/L lines because she never really had any previously; it's just that sometimes the lighting made it seem as if she did:

So that may be your story too and this concern you have may be much ado about nothing.
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
^^^^^Well no my cheeks are not chubby at all. I notice these folds very much when in a public restroom.... Any suggestions on how exactly to soften them up?
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
oh and by the way,I am sure retin a should help overtime (I also use zinc oxide sunscreen) correct? Also, I ordered the Neocutis spot treatment pen since it has apparently Processed Skin Proteins in it and many people have said great things about it. Also, my diet is extremely clean all organic and I ewat roughly 100 grams of protein per day
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
When I developed pronounced N/L lines, I softened them by doing a complete face exercise program, not just exercises for that part of my face I wanted to fix. I don't use anti-aging skincare products except sunscreen so I'm afraid I have no clue what topical products are good for this.

In the other thread you asked about Retin-A, and the consensus was it would not make much difference to true N/L lines as they are caused by much more than skin being thin.

If you haven't suddenly developed them, maybe it's just the lighting. Do you notice the same thing in other people...that their lines look worse in public bathrooms? Because if that's the case, then blame it on the environment and know that since you don't spend all day there, then you mostly don't look like that. Keliu can tell you about a new cream that eliminates wrinkles (and other flaws) completely. You would just need to carry it with you when you visit public bathrooms and smear it on the mirrors. And presto! N/L lines no longer visible! Razz

But really, in the DIY forum, there is a sticky with a list of threads that cover face exercises, dermarolling, massage, gadgets. Some of the threads discuss N/L lines specifically so maybe you can find some more help there.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
i have nl lines too. i did a paranasal implant surgery in korea. lines are still there but less pronounced. the problem lies with my protruding mouth which is causing the lines. but because of my protruding mouth i happen to have fuller lips too. the only way to get rid of my lines is jaw surgery but hell no. muy face is still swollen from the implants.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |