Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
It Cosmetics CC cream----Ah-MAZING!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like a full coverage foundation, I think that look is very aging. I usually wear a tinted mositurizer, my faves being Laura Mercier and Amore Pacific. I'm also not impressed with the new alphabet creams.

HOWEVER, I tried this IT Cosmetics CC Cream on the recommendation of a friend and it is incredible! RAVE worthy!

The IT Cosmetics CC cream is medium to full coverage but remarkably looks very, very natural...not cakey, not thick, the finish is skin-like, it softens, mattifies but makes skin glow without any shimmer/glimmer particles, makes pores far less visible....it's just Ah-MAZING. Seriously.

The shades are not ideal with a small selection, but they are fine. The medium is yellow-based, but even on my neutral skintone, it's a doable yellow base. There are five shades altogether.

As with a TM, the consistency is a bit forgiving, color-wise. It also contains SPF 50, which is nice, and yet the formula is NOT chalky, greasy or thick in this CC cream...plus, it has snail something-or-other (slime?) that is apparently all the rage for moisturization. All in all, it contains good ingredients.

Normally I despise silicones and try to avoid them in products, and while this CC cream does have a few silicones, it is not noticeable and lacks that weird, dry/smooth feel that primers usually have (and that I hate). This, well, this CC Cream rocks.

Try IT (no pun)...it's pretty darn good!! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just read about this and ordered it. It sounds really nice. Glad you did a review EthelM.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone read this review and plans to order, IF you order it by the end of today, you can get the 20% off discount at Ulta. It helps.
alienoreo
5% products discount

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I agree--this is a fantastic product with surprisingly good coverage. Smells great, has a high SPF, and sets to a really nice, natural finish. I can wear either of the two lightest shades but prefer the fair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I would love to hear if any acne-prone ppl are using this and liking it! Every time I try a silicone-based product, I get a humongous zit.

If I stick to my Uriage Children's SS + MMU Im fine tho. Would love to hear how this works for other finicky-skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie, from what I've read on other review sites, from much younger users, this CC hasn't aggravated acne. I don't like products that are heavy in silicones, and while this does contain silicones, it doesn't feel (to me) like a lot of silicone content. It doesn't leave the odd silicone texture on the skin.
If you live near an Ulta, you can try it there. It's not readily available elsewhere and the IT Cosmetics webpage wouldn't send me samples when I requested them. Ulta is your best bet to try it.
alienoreo
5% products discount

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm not acne-prone--just mentioning this. It has an absolutely enormous ingredients list, which made me a little nervous because with so many ingredients, I figured something was bound to irritate me. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. I was intrigued though that the first ingredient after the mineral sunscreens is snail secretion filtrate.

Quote:
Titanium Dioxide 9.015%. Zinc Oxide 6.305%. Snail Secretion Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Water, Disodium EDTA, Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Niacinamide, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Water, Lactobacillus/Honeysuckle Flower/Licorice Root/Morus Alba Root/Pueraria Lobata Root/Schizandra Chinensis Fruit/Scutellaria Baicalensis Root/Sophora Japonica Flower Extract Ferment Filtrate, Perfluorohexane, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Cholesteryl Isostearate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Indicum flower Extract, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Perfluorodecalin, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sprout Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Pentafluoropropane, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Steareth-20, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Colloidal Oatmeal, Hydrolyzed Silk, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Silica, BHT, Potassium sorbate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Tocopherol, Thiamine HCl, Riboflavin, Retinyl Palmitate, Pantothenic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Niacin, Folic Acid, Chrysin, Carnitine HCl, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Chlorhexidine Digluconate. May Contain: Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499).

One of the nice features on makeupalley is that you can filter reviews by the reviwers' skin type. The three acne-prone reviewers (so far) all gave this a thumbs-up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you alienoreo for the ingreds, and Ethyl Im glad you said that you dont like full coverage either! Ill have to look for it at Ulta then. I like the sunscreen ingreds but wish they hadnt put aloe in it or all the silicones. Yeh Im picky! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Newly enamored with It Cosmetics CC Cream, I wandered into Ulta again to test a few more products from the line.

I tried the Celebration Foundation, which is a powder/mineral foundation designed not to appear dry or cakey on even older skin. Powder foundations don't work for me, never have, but I can report that this powder was definitely medium to full coverage with very little product swiped on and buffed out with a flat brush. It didn't look cakey, although I do think it would accentuate any flakiness on dryer skins. If you like powder foundations, this one is worth checking out.

The palette of matte eyeshadows looked nice and certainly it's tough to find a good selection of all mattes in a palette, but some of the shades were obviously too warm toned for my eye color, so it's a pass for me.

There was a blush stick that was kind of fun, although again not my color tone. It was a transparent glossy stick that went on clear but within seconds turned to a blue-toned pink on my skin (it's one of those self-adjusting color things, which inevitably turn blue-toned pink or cool rose on me) If the color of Benefit Benetint or Tarte Cheekstain in Flush works for you, this will too. It's the same color. The cool thing is the amazing lasting power. It really stains! I tested it on my hand and even after washing my hands during the remainder of the day, the color remained as a stain. This would be great for summer, when swimming or perspiring...this will stain the skin and look like a natural blush, i.e. no texture on the skin. It looks like real skin, blushing.

There was a second shade in the same blush stick but that shade did indeed wash off quickly, and didn't leave any stain to the skin at all. The color was better for me, though, more of a warm-toned rose. This second shade was not a self-adjusting color in clear stick, but rather a typical cream blush in stick form.

If you have rosacea, or some sort of redness on your skin that you need to cover without thick bulky concealer build up, you NEED Bye Bye Redness. This stuff is fabulous. It is super-saturated in pigment but light and imperceptible in texture, to be worn alone or under foundation. A tiny dab spreads easily, evenly and covers redness, leaving a VERY natural finish...it looks like skin with nothing on it. The downside is that it only comes in one shade, but it worked for me and would work on fair to medium skin tones. I can't imagine it'd be a match for tan or darker skintones, however. There is a sister product for undereye discoloration, but that product comes in a variety of shades. I didn't try it, as I don't have an undereye discoloration issue, but I understand it has good reviews.

All in all, I think this line is most notable for some great foundation and concealer products. I'm impressed so far.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Nice reviews Ethel! Ill look for the brand when I get a chance to go to Ulta. Thx

5% products discount

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I also have the Bye Bye Undereye Concealer in the tube and the Bye Bye Undereye Corrector in the little pot. The corrector is more peachy. A little of either goes a long way. They also have a lip balm stain that is wonderful. I'm looking to try the cheek stain powder next.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
OK so I found an Ulta in my area that has It Cosmetics and tried the YSBB CC cream.

Weird shades: "Medium" is too tan and "Light" looks ashy on me. It really is SHINY looking and the silicones feel like theyre smothering my skin, but when I got home and looked in my mirror my skin does look nice. Its just not a look Im used to: Its very masky looking.

I may have applied too much since to get the full benefit of the spf, my thinking is that I would need to apply the requisite 1/4 tsp to face/neck. So I applied a LOT. I would have to use this over a sunscreen in order to feel secure spf-wise and use less in order to not look so masky.

And I wish there was a color in b/t "Medium" and "Light" that was yellow toned for Lt/Medium Golden skin. Fingers crossed I dont end up with a boat load of zits from the silicones

While I was there I tried the waterproof lip liner in the color "Blushing Nude" and its lovely! Def a YLBB color for me! Too bad they were out of stock on that color.

I did buy It Tightline mascara tho. Its the tiniest wand Ive ever seen! Like the size of a wire! I wiggle the wand right at the base of my lashes then sweep it up thru my lashes and it really really DOES tightline! Brill! And separates lashes perfectly. A nice all in one product! LOVE!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie,
the CC cream in light is ashy on me, too. I think I must be the sunscreen ingredients. I do only use a TINY bit of the CC cream, so it isn't masky at all on me. I wear the medium and since I have neutral toned skin, it is not an exact match. I find it a bit too yellow based, but applied lightly, it works, somehow. I like a very light coverage, and for reference the other foundations and TMs I like are MUFE F&B, Amore Pacific TM, Laura Mercier TM..but again, I apply them lightly.

Weird that you felt the 'cones, and I didn't. I despise silicones in products and they usually bother me a great deal, but this CC doesn't seem to. No break outs from it either, knock on wood.

I'll check out the tightline mascara soon. I'm currently loving the Laura Mercier tighliners.

Thanks for mentioning the mascara! Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
The mascara sounds cool.
I got a sample of Origins Smarty Plants cc cream SPR 20: It's very light in tone - blends in to perfection. I've liked it a lot and since I'm not into heavy foundation I may buy a full size. But check out this massive ingredient list.

Active Ingredients: octinoxate 7.50% [] octisalate 4.00% [] oxybenzone 3.50%
ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] silica [] phenyl trimethicone [] butylene glycol [] glyceryl stearate [] behenyl alcohol [] dimethicone [] octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate [] peg-40 stearate [] polyglyceryl-10 pentastearate [] pentylene glycol [] citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil*, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil*, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil*, cinnamomum camphora (camphor) bark oil*, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil*, magnolia acuminata flower extract, iris pallida root extract, rosa damascena extract, citral, linalool, limonene [] algae extract [] camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract [] camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract [] sapindus mukurossi fruit extract [] glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract [] laminaria saccharina extract [] thermus thermophillus ferment [] triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract [] hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge [] castanea sativa (chestnut) seed extract [] salicylic acid [] cholesterol [] sucrose [] caffeine [] arginine [] macadamia ternifolia seed oil [] hydrogenated polyisobutene [] hydrogenated lecithin [] tocopheryl acetate [] ethylhexylglycerin [] glycerin [] caesalpinia spinosa gum [] isopropyl myristate [] lecithin [] polyquaternium-51 [] sodium stearoyl lactylate [] ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer [] squalane [] sodium pca [] urea [] glycyrrhetinic acid [] polymethyl methacrylate [] sodium hyaluronate [] galactoarabinan [] sodium dehydroacetate [] citric acid [] phospholipids [] trehalose [] xanthan gum [] ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica] <iln40554> * essential oil

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:25 am      Reply with quote
So the Bye Bye redness cream is more like concealing cream?
I might have to try a sample of this it it works well with rosacea skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:32 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR have you ever used MetroGel or MetroCream for rosacea? It helps the root cause of the rosacea rather than covering up. Its Rx only tho maybe ADC has it.

http://www.metrogel.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 am      Reply with quote
An email from IT told me they are sending a gift travel bag with orders over $40 on their website with code VALENTINE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:45 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, yes, but it isn't thick like concealer...it's texture is super fine, with a very natural finish. It is somewhat like Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage in that they are both very highly pigmented but without much texture, but the LM is dry and the Bye Bye Redness Cream is even lighter in texture cream, if that makes sense. I am wearing it as a "foundation" today, just on areas that tend toward redness. I don't have rosacea, but it does seamlessly blend away my redness and there isn't a demarcation line between where my skin is bare, and where I applied the Bye Bye Redness cream. I hope this makes sense! Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Metrogel, Oracea and also have an RX for Fineacea but they have not helped.
IPL's and the EXCEL Laser are the only things that have really worked for me but they have to be done often and it adds up for sure.
I checked out the It Bye Bye Redness description and reviews and it did say that the color was a bit dark. Did you find it to be so? I am fair but not extremely.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:56 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, actually, I find the color of Bye Bye Redness to be a tad too light...it will definitely not work for tan or darker skintones. I'm fair, but not porcelain skinned, and it works for me now, in winter. I don't think it'll work for me in the warmer months when my skin is slightly tan.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Perfect, that helped. I placed an order with Ulta and am going to give it a try.
Thanks for the referral!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Not to get too far OT but Mirvaso and Azithromycin are also used for intractable rosacea, AnnieR:

http://www.mirvaso.com/about?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=rosacea%20treatments&utm_campaign=Rosacea+Only+Treatment&utm_content=sCp4bhYPJ|dc_pcrid_31179805585_pkw_rosacea%20treatments_pmt_b

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3082126/

HTH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Fawnie, I will look it up. I have not heard of either. I took Oracea, an oral antibiotic but I cannot be on a long-term antibiotic due to past issues relating to them.
The before and afters were amazing on the Mirvaso. I will check into that.
EthelM-I see that some are applying this with a primer first and then a brush. Can I use just my fingers without a primer? How do you apply it?
Do you find the foundation to settle into dry spots or lines? I may have to go into Ulta to try a bit and match the color on it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I don't use primer beneath the Bye Bye Redness and I wouldn't recommend doing so. The whole point of the formulation is for it to look exactly like skin when applied, and so adding a layer of primer will negate that effect somewhat by adding thickness and texture. The formulation is very, very pigment dense in a fine, light texture cream. A TINY dab will cover A LOT. This is very concentrated yet nearly invisible on skin. I apply with my fingers and no, it doesn't settle into lines, pores or excentuate dry spots. It truly looks like skin, which is why I love it. Keep in mind it's intended purpose is to either be worn alone, or under foundation. I like a minimal makeup look, so I'm using it alone, just to cover redness and make my skintone more even.

In case you are asking about using primer underneath the CC Cream, no, I don't use primer and again wouldn't suggest doing so. The CC Cream has it's own primer effect built in, it fills in pores and fine lines on it's own, and it lasts very well throughout the day. No need for primer, and I'd expect a primer to look too heavy with this CC Cream. Here again, I apply this CC Cream with my fingers, and I like a light application. I suppose a brush could be used well, but I find that brushes tend to waste foundations and my fingers work as well (or better) to seamlessly cover. This CC Cream doesn't settle into pores or fine lines (quite the contrary, it seems to minimize them) and it doesn't accentuate dry spots at all.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would def have to use this CC cream over a separate SS tho. Using such a small amount of it (to get a sheer effect) wouldnt provide enough protection from UVR imho.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |