Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
eyelash darkening - other options?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Troya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark head hair and light blonde lashes naturally. Been tinting them but they grow out so fast that it looks weird and unnatural.
I've been trying latisse and talika lipocils without any success.
I've seen a doctor and he can transplant dark hair from the back of head ( where it's dark and that's the area where my family doesnt go grey) to my eyelids ( with that same technique he can remove the blondes) but of course it's still surgery and expensive. For all those years I've been trying to learn to live with it but I don't feel confident with it.

Now my question is: have you experienced darker eyelash growth with something that's not latisse or talika?
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there. The lash growth stimulators are helpful for length (I use VB), but they don't change the colour. I just dye mine once every 6 weeks or so - not too much trouble. I find it much less likely to sting if I do it myself and keep my eyes open with the dye on, just moving carefully during the time. When i went to salons and lay back it always hurt abominably and cost much more, of course.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I go to the spa every four weeks or so and have my lashed tinted. It is $20. (including HST) plus I tip.

I do have professional lash and brow tint (Combinal) and I do my eye brows. I have tried to do my lashes but it is easier to just go to the spa.

This is a common beauty spa treatment in my area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I use combinal but when your natural eyelash color is close to white, the roots come through immediately. After a couple of days it already looks like your lashes are a piano. Doesnt match the dark color of my head hair at all.

Latisse promises darkening but didnt notice anything from it. Lipocils even promises 50 percent of darkening and up to 100 percent for those with light eyelashes. I contacted their customer service but got no reply.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Troya wrote:
I use combinal but when your natural eyelash color is close to white, the roots come through immediately. After a couple of days it already looks like your lashes are a piano. Doesnt match the dark color of my head hair at all.

Latisse promises darkening but didnt notice anything from it. Lipocils even promises 50 percent of darkening and up to 100 percent for those with light eyelashes. I contacted their customer service but got no reply.

If you go to a spa that has experience with lash tinting, this is a quick treatment that works. I have grey lashes.

It is very hard to find a good lash tinter in most parts of the US. When I lived in California it took me a long time to find someone. The esthetician was the best at Dermalogica facials and was originally was Canada. She had her tint supplies sent to her from Canada.

The advantage to going to a spa over doing it myself is someone else is able to get right to the roots.

What developing lotion are you using with the Combinal? Is it possible you have old developer (and not as effective?)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:17 am      Reply with quote
It looks good when you have just applied it, it just grows quickly.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:30 am      Reply with quote
The first week or so my lashes look great. It looks as if I have a subtle line of eye liner (I don't) All those gray lashes are covered. My salon uses a mixture of black/navy blue for me.

I am not sure if there is anything a lash tinter can do to make the tint last longer. It must be left on at least 10 minutes; preferably 15 minutes. Don't let a (usually new) person tell you otherwise.

I will comment on eye makeup remover. I would not use anything detergent based (SLS, etc.). It seems to fade faster.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:15 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if your head hair is darker but those eyelash transplant can replace them with head hair. Those newer techniques like FUE doesnt leave any scars. In the long haul it saves you money and you dont have the frustration of lashes growing out.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |