Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Liquid collagen actually helping anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I just bought Taut Collagen. It's a drink that has 13000mg of type I and III fish collagen. It's hydrolysis to 3-5000 Daltons. Plus vitamin c, coQ10, chondroitin Sulfate, ceramide, DNA, and Hyaluronic Acid. Will this do
Anything to help skin. And has anyone tried it? Thanks
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:50 am      Reply with quote
It actually only contains type I collagen, but I use it and after 5 weeks my skin is noticeably plumper and smoother. Expensive tho. I think NeoCell Pom+C liquid collagen is a better value and more accessible at local health food stores and iHerb.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:04 am      Reply with quote
So you've had good results. That's great. I know it's expensive. I just hope it's worth it
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Is for me. It depends on what your expectations are. But I will switch to NeoCell Pom+C when it runs out and take 12,000mg/day.

Taut says to take it one bottle a day x 8 days to start, then go to 3-4 x week for maintenance.

I do not sell Taut or receive compensation for reviewing any products except my own MyFawnie.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
To form collagen in a healthy way you need two nutrients.It applies also to the collagen of bone.
You need vitamin c and silica.

Quote:
Nettle leaf can be used to support the adrenals, the kidneys, the liver, the thyroid, and is beneficial for the intestines. It boosts breast milk production and increases its nutrition. It is nutrient rich, especially macro and trace minerals, B vitmains, vitamin C, and silica. Also a source of serotonin. Makes a wonderful tasting tea. I let mine steep overnight until it is almsot black, and sweeten it with a little stevia. Then I drink it throughout the day as an iced tea.

Go the natural way Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I do also. 3000mg vit c and biosil. But I hear really good things bout taut and I'm curious to try it
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie,
NeoCell Pom+C seems to be from bovine, would that make a difference?
Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 am      Reply with quote
light123 wrote:
Fawnie,
NeoCell Pom+C seems to be from bovine, would that make a difference?
Light

Honestly, to me it would not matter since all these collagen drinks are hydrolyzed collagen peptides anyway. It just depends what's boiled down and used for the raw ingred: fish scales or pork skin or beef whatever. Do you think it matters Light?

Pork collagen powder had a terrible aftertaste for me, but others dont mind it apparently. The liquid ones are better tasting since they have agave nectar and other flavors added. Also, the liquids are easier to get 13,000 mg down instead of choking down handfuls of pills. More exxy tho.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I am not thinking of contamination issues with bovine, mainly wandering about the bioavailability of different types of collagen. I found many studies comparing porcine and fish collagen, but not much on bovine collagen. I would be happy to look at more studies if anyone has better info on bovine collagen.
Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, the fish collagen, at least at 13 grams dose def works for me. Worth the expense I guess.

Im not sure about one form actually being more bioavailable than another, I mean its all broken down into hydrolyzed fragments anyway. But if there's research proving fish collagen is superior side by side with beef and pork Id be interested in seeing it before I plunk down another big chunk of change on Taut. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
And here is some research about collagen supps tho the source of the collagen isnt specified. (Kudos to another member for finding these studies!):

Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2013 Aug 14;27(1):47-55. [Epub ahead of print]
Oral Supplementation of Specific Collagen Peptides Has Beneficial Effects on Human Skin Physiology: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study.
Proksch E, Segger D, Degwert J, Schunck M, Zague V, Oesser S.
Source
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany.

Abstract:
Various dietary supplements are claimed to have cutaneous anti-aging properties; however, there are a limited number of research studies supporting these claims. The objective of this research was to study the effectiveness of collagen hydrolysate (CH) composed of specific collagen peptides on skin biophysical parameters related to cutaneous aging. In this double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 69 women aged 35-55 years were randomized to receive 2.5 g or 5.0 g of CH or placebo once daily for 8 weeks, with 23 subjects being allocated to each treatment group. Skin elasticity, skin moisture, transepidermal water loss and skin roughness were objectively measured before the first oral product application (t0) and after 4 (t1) and 8 weeks (t2) of regular intake. Skin elasticity (primary interest) was also assessed at follow-up 4 weeks after the last intake of CH (t3, 4-week regression phase). At the end of the study, skin elasticity in both CH dosage groups showed a statistically significant improvement in comparison to placebo. After 4 weeks of follow-up treatment, a statistically significantly higher skin elasticity level was determined in elderly women. With regard to skin moisture and skin evaporation, a positive influence of CH treatment could be observed in a subgroup analysis, but data failed to reach a level of statistical significance. No side effects were noted throughout the study. © 2013 S. Karger AG, Basel.

CLINICAL STUDIES – SKIN

Results of a study evaluating the use of a dietary supplement formula in the management of age-related skin changes in women with moderate to severe wrinkling of the periorbital area.

Kantor I., Donikayan L., Simon R., & Wollschlaeger B. (2002)

Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association. 5(2):

American researchers wanted to assess the safety and effectiveness of a collagen based dietary supplement for the improvement of age-related degenerative skin changes in women. 38 women aged between 35-65 years participated in the eight week study. The key target of their research was to assess the improvement to periorbital (area around the eye) wrinkling, aging, sagging and puffiness and overall periorbital facial aging. Results showed that the dietary collagen formulation resulted in a highly statistically significant improvement in periorbital wrinkling, in periorbital aging and in periorbital overall facial aging. The researchers also found that the collagen based formula was very safe with minimal adverse effects reported.

( 888ageless.com/pdf/jana.pdf )

Collagen-derived dipeptide, proline-hydroxyproline, stimulates cell proliferation and hyaluronic acid synthesis in cultured human dermal fibroblasts.

Ohara H., Ichikawa S., Matsumoto H., Akiyama M., Fujimoto N., Kobayashi T., Tajima S. (2010)

The Journal of Dermatology. 37: 330-338

Leading Japanese skin researchers investigated the influence of collagen-derived peptides on human skin cells & structure. The researchers hypothesized that supplementation with collagen hydrolysate potentially changes extracellular matrix metabolism in the skin. Results in this in vitro study confirmed this hypothesis. Researchers found that collagen derived peptides not only stimulate skin cell production, but may also stimulate hyaluronic acid (the body’s own moisturiser) synthesis. From this, the researchers concluded that oral ingestion of collagen hydrolysate may lead to more viscous and elastic skin resulting in improvement of skin appearance.

(www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20507402 )

Identification of food-derived collagen peptides in human blood after oral ingestion of gelatine hydrolysates.

Iwai K., Hasegawa T., Taguchi Y., Morimatsu F., Sato K., Nakamura Y., Higashi A., Kido Y., Nakabo Y., & Ohtsuki K. (2005)

Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 53: 6531-6536

The objective of this study was to see if food-derived collagen peptides were absorbed into the bloodstream. The research showed that several food-derived collagen peptides appeared in human blood after oral ingestion of some gelatine hydrolysates. Negligible amounts of the peptide form of hydroxypoline (Hyp) were observed in human blood before ingestion. After oral ingestion, the peptide form of Hyp significantly increased. The researchers concluded that collagen peptides may act as a messenger and trigger the synthesis and reorganisation of new collagen by stimulating fibroblast cells.

(www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16076145 )

Effects of oral ingestion of collagen peptide on the skin.

Koyama Y., Sakashita A., Kuwaba K., Kusubata M. (2006)

Fragrance Journal. 34: 82-85

Researchers studied the effects of daily ingestion of collagen on skin hydration and collagen fibrils in the dermis. When healthy Japanese women ingested collagen peptides over 60 days, it was shown that the absorption ability of the outer most layer of the skin increased (& thus improved skin function) over the placebo group. The researchers also administered collagen peptide orally to pigs daily for 62 days. Results showed the density of fibroblasts and diameter and density of collagen fibrils in the dermis was significantly larger than that of pigs not fed collagen. Taken together, the researchers concluded that these results suggest the daily ingestion of collagen peptide improves the function of both the epidermis and the dermis of the skin.

( sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200614/000020061406A0482755.php )

7.5g and 8.5g were ingested 3xday for 2 weeks and then 2xday for 2 additional weeks in this study (so 22.5g at least or 22,500mg):
888ageless.com/pdf/jana.pdf

And in this study, 2.5 g or 5.0 g of CH or placebo once daily for 8 weeks was given. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23949208

Is drinking collagen a Magic Bullet? Of course not, but its one more weapon in the arsenal. Depends how militant you are I guess!

Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
eta: Here is another source of pure fish collagen liquid that's unflavored and has no other ingredients:

http://www.moritokuzo.com/products/list.php?category_id=7

(In Japanese, use Google translate)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
What kinds of benefits would taking taut or a high concentrate of collagen show?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hawkman564 wrote:
What kinds of benefits would taking taut or a high concentrate of collagen show?

I think if you read the studies cited above you will get the idea. Skin hydration, elasticity and improvement in periorbital wrinkling were all reported.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:40 am      Reply with quote
So far for the first week, I took 8 in 6 days, of the taut collagen. Wanted a major jumpstart. Haven't looked for improvement yet wanna wait another week. However I will say my lips are no longer chapped, and feel softer and plumper.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Do be careful with it. You are only supposed to take one bottle per day. Too much of it might not be a good thing. After the first 8 bottles you're instructed to take 3-4 bottles per week.

Its not an overnight thing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
True. The site does say you can continue to take 1 a day. For better lasting results.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I don't think so. It can't be aborted totally. Its effect is over exaggerated.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:18 am      Reply with quote
cali1979 wrote:
I don't think so. It can't be aborted totally. Its effect is over exaggerated.

Can you elaborate on "It cant be aborted totally"? Have you used it enough to say that its effect is "over exaggerated"? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I think maybe the post meant to say "absorbed totally"?
I have taken it now and then in the past but had no results. Last batch I gave to the hubby when he broke his arm, thought it might help to mend stronger.
Internally maybe it helps but externally I did not see any signs/visible difference. But that said, I only took the minimum required as per directions per bottle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:32 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I think maybe the post meant to say "absorbed totally"?
I have taken it now and then in the past but had no results. Last batch I gave to the hubby when he broke his arm, thought it might help to mend stronger.
Internally maybe it helps but externally I did not see any signs/visible difference. But that said, I only took the minimum required as per directions per bottle.

How long did you take it. I'm on my first week, and so far I'm not sure, I think my elasticity has increased a small amount. My upper eyelids feel tighter. And as I said my lips aren't chapped. Idk. They say results can take 4 weeks. Which makes sense. You should always try a month of something before giving up on it since skin cells take a month to turnover
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking Medelys Supreme Collagen (http://www.aviva.ca/shop/products.asp?itemid=4784&catid=75) in conjunction with Health Force Chlorella Manna (http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Chlorella-Manna-10-58-oz-300-g/37600) and now I have amazingly long eyelashes Cool I even quit using Lumugan (bimatoprost) because I do not need it now. I have no idea which supplement contributes to the growth of my lashes as I started taking them at the same time.

Medelys Supreme Collagen
Ingredients: MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS PER 15 ML: Amino acids and peptides complex * of hydrolysed Collagen (Bovin sp.) 5 000 mg Glucosamine sulphate 1 000 mg Chondroitin sulphate 500 mg MSM 400 mg *Amino acids: glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, glutamic adic, alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, lysine, serine, valine, leucine, phenylalanine, isoleucine, hydroxylysine, tyrosine, methionine, histidine, cysteine.
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates on the taut collagen? I was gonna buy it but since it's so expensive I thought I'd try with the much more economical Neocell collagen powder first. I've been using it only sporadically for the past couple weeks and I've noticed one thing for sure- SUPER SOFT SKIN! All over my body the skin is like pure silk, and even my knees have changed in texture. My knees used to be darker than the rest of my body skin but now they are much lighter and smoother. I was hoping for more visible results in my face, like plumper skin there, but not yet. Maybe with daily use! I just figure that since my body skin has changed, there must be some therapeutic action happening (maybe increased collagen production spurred by the absorption of the right amino acids). Now I don't believe that oral collagen is a waste anymore! Smile Even if the soft skin is the only result I ever get, it's worth it to me to be able to skip body lotion. And I like the idea of replacing collagen in our body ever since I read somewhere that we lose like a teaspoon of collagen from our face for every year after 30 (terrifying)! I am 27, but 30 is just around the corner...lol. Also taking a vitamin c tablet with this powder to nudge the body into collagen-production mode. I believe Neocell has other products with vitamin c already included, but the powder form does not.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |