Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Energy Based Skincare - why I don't like it
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Energy based skincare is an extremely controversial subject right now. I, for one have recently started using the Pico Toner and ASG at the same time and it has transformed my skin in less than a month. It has been such an improvement, that I want to know more about other energy based products, gadgets and practices. For me, this will be the anti-aging path that I will follow from now on. Unfortunately, the topic is so controversial that EDS has had to close down every thread that has been started on the topic. The arguments have gotten too ugly to maintain a thread on the topic. I want to know more, and have considered leaving EDS. Before I leave my favorite source of information, I would like to make a last ditch effort. I will create two threads on the topic.

Energy Based Skincare - why I do like it (since re-named as Holistic Health and Beauty -- let's share what works)
Energy Based Skincare - why I don't like it

Those who don't like it, post on the don't like it thread. Those that do, post on the do like it thread. Anyone who posts on the wrong thread will officially be posting off topic.

I do understand both sides. Those that don't like it are concerned that people will be misinformed, and simply want to make sure everyone understands the science (or lack thereof). The ones who don't like it believe it is all 100% quackery. To those, I say, you now have your own thread to post all of your opinions. Those who do like it, don't care as much about the science and only care about the results. To those people, myself included, you now have your own thread to post results and tips to others who also like it without fear of feeling attacked. I will include a link to the other thread on both, to make sure anyone reading it can easily access both sides of the topic.

Energy based skincare includes any method or combination of methods that that uses energy for skincare purposes. This includes micro-current, ASG, Osmosis water, Ultrasonic, galvanic, Tua Trend, Magnetic Water, and ionized water, just to name a few.

I am doing this simply because I come to EDS for informational purposes and am have a difficult time getting it because of all the arguing. I hope we can agree to disagree and leave our opinions only on the appropriate threads.

Thank you,
Tonia

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
For those who would like to read the other side of the topic, (Energy Based Skincare - why I like it) here is the link. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=50390

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
The ones who don't like it believe it is all 100% quackery.

Thank you,
Tonia

Out on a limb here re few things …

dunno if “IT” as thread title denotes “Why I don’t like *it*” refers to skin-care items revolving around premises of scientific *laws* or around *theories* (which by definition = proposed explanations)

But I generally concur w/ the UK’s CAP (code of advertising protection) regarding their conclusions on any health claims (*energy-based* or not)

“We acknowledged that some individuals who preferred their holistic approach(es) may benefit some….. However, the CAP Code required health claims to be backed by evidence, which would be assessed on the basis of the available scientific knowledge. The most robust form of evidence when referring to conditions in this way was that relating to efficacy and evidence of self-reported benefits was therefore not sufficient”.

--Secondly -- heck, I, also, consider my use/application of certain ingredients of skin-care topicals as being part of my *energy-based* skin care >

Since the actives I use, peptides, AOX etc. ACT on structures inside my cells known as mitochondria, which produce *energy* necessary for my cells to function properly and are supposed to help improve the production of cell *energy* thereby protecting my cellular skin from damage, (in the case of adding AOX – reduce the formation of free radicals produced if my cells’ energy is not working properly and spewing out toxic forms of oxygen nee free radicals). Then that’s *ENERGY-based skin care* too. No?

That *IT* I like.

And then there’s the *obvious* that I try to follow before reaching a conclusion if I *like* or *don’t like* *IT* --

Being wary of

-- miracle cures and cure-alls
-- money-back guarantees don’t necessarily mean much in terms of products’ effectiveness
--clever marketing strategies of testimonials, review comments and success stories
--claims of scientific breakthroughs and/or claims that try to sound too “scientific”

Anyway, maybe I’ll probably wind up being the only poster with this one post on this thread.
Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Tonia wrote:
The ones who don't like it believe it is all 100% quackery.

Thank you,
Tonia

Out on a limb here re few things …

dunno if “IT” as thread title denotes “Why I don’t like *it*” refers to skin-care items revolving around premises of scientific *laws* or around *theories* (which by definition = proposed explanations)

But I generally concur w/ the UK’s CAP (code of advertising protection) regarding their conclusions on any health claims (*energy-based* or not)

“We acknowledged that some individuals who preferred their holistic approach(es) may benefit some….. However, the CAP Code required health claims to be backed by evidence, which would be assessed on the basis of the available scientific knowledge. The most robust form of evidence when referring to conditions in this way was that relating to efficacy and evidence of self-reported benefits was therefore not sufficient”.

--Secondly -- heck, I, also, consider my use/application of certain ingredients of skin-care topicals as being part of my *energy-based* skin care >

Since the actives I use, peptides, AOX etc. ACT on structures inside my cells known as mitochondria, which produce *energy* necessary for my cells to function properly and are supposed to help improve the production of cell *energy* thereby protecting my cellular skin from damage, (in the case of adding AOX – reduce the formation of free radicals produced if my cells’ energy is not working properly and spewing out toxic forms of oxygen nee free radicals). Then that’s *ENERGY-based skin care* too. No?

That *IT* I like.

And then there’s the *obvious* that I try to follow before reaching a conclusion if I *like* or *don’t like* *IT* --

Being wary of

-- miracle cures and cure-alls
-- money-back guarantees don’t necessarily mean much in terms of products’ effectiveness
--clever marketing strategies of testimonials, review comments and success stories
--claims of scientific breakthroughs and/or claims that try to sound too “scientific”

Anyway, maybe I’ll probably wind up being the only poster with this one post on this thread.
Laughing

Laughing Kath - I think you have a point there. Many of the posts on the "why I like" thread should've been here. Thanks for a good contribution.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I think the "why I don't like it" should also be more in the lines of why it doesn't work for someone.
I have heard the debates on the science of it and I hate every time someone pushes the ASG along with it. There are some here who longer have any credibility to me at all.
What I want to hear is more from people who have tried them and it honestly didn't work and why they thought it didn't work (type/brand, etc). Plus, let them have their opinion and not the same people telling them their opinion is wrong. More of an HONEST assessment of it and no pushing of the hype.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91, well said. You made some very good points.

AnnieR, I think the "why it didn't work for me" explanations are much more helpful than the "why I don't like it" comments. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of those. Most of the ones who don't like it won't even try it because of the lack of science. There have been some that tried it and it didn't work for them. Hopefully they will post their experiences on this thread so we can see both sides. I would like to know if they had any adverse effects or simply saw no results. I'm not just talking about ASG either. I would like to know about micro current, ozone water, LED and anything else that would fit in this category.

Oh, I can add one. I tried Harmonized H2O. Nothing. No difference at all. At least I didn't have any adverse effects. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
ASG - did not work for me; no effect.

LEDs - do not use; long term safety not yet established; there is research that long term use can have adverse effect; so I stopped using mine even though I own 2 Lighstims.

MC - not clear yet.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma, what adverse effect could it have? I haven't heard that.

I have also used LED but with only minimal results. For me, the results did not justify the time/$. The main benefit I saw was fluid drainage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Do not remember, but since there were no gurantees that it can not cause skin cancer with long term use I simply stopped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

AnnieR, I think the "why it didn't work for me" explanations are much more helpful than the "why I don't like it" comments. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of those. Most of the ones who don't like it won't even try it because of the lack of science. There have been some that tried it and it didn't work for them. Hopefully they will post their experiences on this thread so we can see both sides.

Kath, I also think your post contained some excellent points.

Tonia, on the original ASG thread which was removed, there were many, many posts from members who tried it and it did nothing for them.

As for not trying something because of a lack of scientific evidence - I think it's fair to say that most of us on this forum try EVERYTHING. We all live in hope here of finding our HG - and no matter what our intelligence tells us, the only real way to find out if something works is to try it yourself. I've certainly wasted thousands of dollars buying products that I've been skeptical about - in fact,I've just purchased an Oxygen Facial Machine. I can honestly say that nothing has ever given me an instant visible improvement. But that doesn't stop me from trying.

As for trying to comment on all "energetic" products, I think the concept is ridiculous. I wouldn't even dream of trying to compare the ReAura Laser with ASG.

The fact is that every cosmetic product promises miraculous results - but the only thing that is actually going to make you look years younger is invasive surgical procedures. I find it laughable that so many people here hold celebrities up as a shining light of aging well - when they have all had cosmetic procedures done.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tonia wrote:

AnnieR, I think the "why it didn't work for me" explanations are much more helpful than the "why I don't like it" comments. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of those. Most of the ones who don't like it won't even try it because of the lack of science. There have been some that tried it and it didn't work for them. Hopefully they will post their experiences on this thread so we can see both sides.

Kath, I also think your post contained some excellent points.

Tonia, on the original ASG thread which was removed, there were many, many posts from members who tried it and it did nothing for them.

As for not trying something because of a lack of scientific evidence - I think it's fair to say that most of us on this forum try EVERYTHING. We all live in hope here of finding our HG - and no matter what our intelligence tells us, the only real way to find out if something works is to try it yourself. I've certainly wasted thousands of dollars buying products that I've been skeptical about - in fact,I've just purchased an Oxygen Facial Machine. I can honestly say that nothing has ever given me an instant visible improvement. But that doesn't stop me from trying.

As for trying to comment on all "energetic" products, I think the concept is ridiculous. I wouldn't even dream of trying to compare the ReAura Laser with ASG.

The fact is that every cosmetic product promises miraculous results - but the only thing that is actually going to make you look years younger is invasive surgical procedures. I find it laughable that so many people here hold celebrities up as a shining light of aging well - when they have all had cosmetic procedures done.

If we had the procedures celebrities had we'd all be aging well. Ridiculous.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Not all celebrities age well, some age very badly to me - just look at Madonna! The cover ups (as revealed in Diane Keaton's advert) are sometimes beyond a joke. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt as I don't think she comes across as being a money hungry powerhorse but who knows. Her pr people have remained silent on it, and so it does make me wonder.

sister sweets wrote:
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

That is NOT what I said. I said that celebrities get procedures done to make themselves look younger - everyone knows that cosmetic procedures will do nothing for the biological aging process.

And, yes, certainly many of those procedures are not flattering.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I guess there are two paths to take on this:

One road is long, not so physically painful and patient and hopeful, with results unknown or uncertain, while time marches on slowly and the clock never stops.

One road is quicker and shorter and can be physically painful for awhile, but with results generally known and certain.

Over time, the financial costs are about the same, but at least with one road you know you will get results.

I have but one precious and short life. I know which road I am taking.

I don't have this:

http://womenshealthtrend.com/tag/does-hope-in-a-jar-work

BFG

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Two paths: good way to put it.
If you're open to it, I can see there comes a time that surgery and/or the needles option becomes the best one and maybe the only way to effect any change. Plus it is quicker.
Until one feels personally ready or believes they need it I can see the desire to stay non-invasive. I actually enjoy my home beauty treatments and I know what to expect from them. I look like me, but a little more rested, polished, lifted - whatever.

I have heard that a face lift done sooner vs later is a better way to go but I couldn't submit to something like that until the time was right...there's a mental component to being prepared for something like that.

Plus, Plastic surgery sometimes looks wonky and too many procedures (over time) can change things for the worse. Lip augmentation can look plain foolish, etc. There are some issues that aren't reversible when you do things on a more permanent basis.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |