Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What skincare goes with you if you're packing for a trip?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've been accumulating a *lot* of products since I've been reading this forum (I just wish EDS carried everything that I use!!!) and I'm noticing that it's harder... and harder... and harder to decide what to pack! Hehe! Wink I was wondering if all of the lurvely ladies on the forum here just bring everything with them, or have a few essentials that you can't bring yourself to leave behind and it's gotta go with you. And not in the sense of the awesome pair of shoes that you insist have to go with you but you never end up wearing them no matter how much you justify bringing them!!

I've just been packing for a weekend trip, and my overnight case (I should have gotten the larger Brighton one instead of the small... Neutral ) is, well, bulging!!

Right now I have:

-Obagi spf 35 moisturizer
-Anna-Lisa facial wash
-Dermalogica Microfoliant
-Murad Essential-C eye cream
-Orlane Oligo Cooling Eye Balm
-Presciption compounds for nighttime face routine
-Fresh sugar lemon body lotion and wash (Red Flower, the japanese import brand, has some awesome awesome body products and candles... but I digress!)
-Eye tea bags
-Airborne or other Vitamin C immunity products
-Antibacterial hand shtuff

And that doesn't include make-up and random toiletries. But it is rabidly cut down from what I rotate between. I can't be the only person this frustrated by what to bring... am I? I hope... I put too much thought into everything.

Packing, well, sucks!!

I don't know if a thread like this exists already (this is the first time I didn't search beforehand, and I really like the "handbag" thread that was like this before!) so I'm sorry if it's out there!

*edit* Does anyone bring any nifty travel skin remedies, too, like refreshers, revitalizers, etc? Or any weird idiosyncratic items? I always have my Game Boy with me, which I know is a little weird for a girl, but there has to be some funny stuff, too, people can't leave town without.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I take the basics. cleanser, moisturizer, suntan lotion and full makeup.

I try to keep sample containers from vit c serums to refil to take on trips. I will also try to get sample sizes of my favourites to take with me.

I cannot travel without my MP3 player and LOTS of batteries.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rusalka,

I have similar questions-> I posted in the skincare forum, I didnt notice your post here Smile

Aga
Mabsy

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed Actually, I like to travel light so this is the time that I pack samples with me. It also gives me an opportunity to try new stuff and review it when I get back Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
omg this is a nightmare.

I always take too much BUT as Mabsy has said sample sizes & decants work but that also means you can take loads more different things!

I bought one of those sample kits from Dermalogica to try some things out and I know that will travel with me.

So a dermalogica cleansing gel & a thicker cream one for heavier make-up and if I'm going somewhere warm which means I'll be washing my face more so the DMG will be too strong!.
An exfoliator - might be the daily- I'm loving that right now.
Spray toner.
moituriser. Last time I was a good girl and just took my ADCE sample.
I made up for it by taking an elemis mask, optrex eye masks & buying an eyemake remover while I was away.

Then there's what body lotions... Rolling Eyes I took some menthol samples for feet & legs because I would be doing lots of walking. Molton Brown templetree because it's cooling, monoi oil because you can use that to take off make-up, a pre-conditioner for your hair, shave your legs etc and it smells fantastice avon shower clothes - these are great for taking up no space 2 lots of stuff I bought at he airport. This is of course things I can remember.

Then there's the make-up Confused
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm constantly traveling and while I include my entire regime, I take travel sizes so it doesn't get too ridiculous. lol

Here's what I lug!

Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash
    Cellex-C Advanced-C Serum
    Retin-A Micro
    Gly Derm Cream Plus 10% (Glycolic Acid)
    An SPF 45 sunscreen with a strong physical active ingredient
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I pack a rediculous amount, full sizes and everything, after 16 years of this hubby no longer says a word. Smile I also have my Game Boy Advance and the mini dvd player. I haven't travelled since getting my lap top recently so that we also come along on my next trip. Rolling Eyes I am also trying to figure out how to bring the Game Cube!!!! Do I need it though?? No! Ah well...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I just e-mailed a friend about my new skincare obsession. She remembers when I was backpacking around Europe for 5 months with a bottle of SoftSoap that was my shampoo, body and face wash. I have a little more to pack now.

I'm packing right now for a trip to New Orleans. This is what's going in my kit plus the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and the stuff that lives in my handbag. It doesn't look like too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Liz, After 2 days in new orleans in october I learned 2 things

1.) Don't bother with any makeup that's not sweatproof.

2.) DON'T WALK OVER THE OPEN GRATES ON THE SIDEWALK!!1 The smell is just horrible. I walked over one on a side street near the walgreens on canal st and gagged for a good 5 minutes afterwards.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Lianne, Last time I was there was in '96 for Jazz Fest. I don't remember any horrible smells but I'll avoid the sidewalk grates.

This time we're going for our boss' birthday, company crawfish boil, shopping, eating and my heart surgery. I was planning to have it at the Mayo Clinic in Florida but the company we work for is based in New Orleans and our insurance will only cover about 20% if I go out of network. My last visit to the cardiologist at Mayo cost me $3600 US. I'm more than a little angry with the insurance company because even though the card I carry says that I'm responsible for 30% out of network, they really only pay 70% of what they think the charges should be, regardless of what they actually are. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
The ladies said it all above. I used to travel a lot for work and used little containers to carry all the stuffs I need. The most important thing is hydrating mask and deep cleansing mask!!!! Make sure you take some with you.

I agree that the Dermalogica travel kits is awesome and you can reuse the containers!

All the best with your surgery, freefall.

KK
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Freefall, that doesn't look like much at all, good for you!

Good luck with the surgery.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm an optimist - I'm still ordering stuff!

Liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I also like to travel light, but I still don't rely on samples to last me long enough. But I have a set of 30-ml refillable plastic bottles that I got from Redken as a GWP. I fill these up with shampoo, conditioner and Ultracalming Cleanser. I also try to fill sample jars with MDF Facial Cream and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant.

Full-Size:
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance
Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair.

And in addition shower gel/oil, body moisturizer, deodorant and two perfumes Embarassed (can never survive on just one), and my makeup....

I'm going away for one week next week (Geneva), and plan to travel light, but that's easier said than done.
ella_stella
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
yep.. just cleanser, toner and moisturiser. I use a spray toner, saves you having to take a refreshing spritzer with you! cleanser wise i take face wipes and then just my usual day moisturiser. I can't see there being much point in taking any kind of exfoliator especially not one as messy as microfoliant!! make up wise i take a simple day makeup, it's easy enough to adapt to evening as long as you take a bit of eyeliner with you!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Well because boyfriend turns in an obsessive on the suitcase weight we compamise - I use his facial wash (an asda own brand, actually really nice), homemade toner (witch hazel, bit tea tree) in a spritzer bottle, face scrub.
Then I have little travel bottles of my day oil, some ACV and I try to keep my make-up to a minimum, I just get breakouts if I wear it in the sun Confused . Also if you leave it all at home it's a good excuse to buy more at the airport.
I have to have a book of puzzles, then I'm happy Embarassed
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I bring samples of basics (cleanser, toner, moisturizer/matting cream, eye make-up remover) BUT my absolute must is a mineral water spray, like La Roche Posay, Avene or Evian. Especially if I go South in the winter. So refreshing! Can't go without it. They can also be found in smaller (4 oz) sizes. But they must be in your carry-on, because they're aerosol.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |