Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Horrible Skin (Pics) Please help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've had awful skin for 3 years now and I just don't know what to do anymore. My skin changed almost over night when I was 23 and has been awful ever since. I have all these strange tiny bumps on my face, pink skin in random areas (mainly my front cheeks and sides of face on my temples), completely different skin texture which is orange peel-like with enlarged pores and sunken pores, and these odd red/brown dots that seem to be IN the skin and no amount of exfoliation seems to help get them out. I have exfoliated so much and given up, it does not work for me. I have moisturized so much and am about to give up because it doesn't do anything for me. I don't know why this happened to my skin, my skin used to be beautiful.

I've been to several dermatologists and they have been absolutely NO help. I'm very healthy so this isn't due to a disease or internal problem. When my skin changed, I actually experienced two odd symptoms that were AWFUL. For 2.5 years I dealt with lots of crawling sensations on my skin and even in my eyebrows! And I felt sharp pains as if someone was poking me with a needle on my face in random areas. Those sensations eventually dissipated 9 months ago after 2.5 years!! But my skin looks like this still....I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm considering pulsed dye laser because I feel I have no other option to try and I am nervous about it.

I would like to get advice and greatly appreciate it. One of the things I'm trying to figure out right now is if my skin is scarred like this. I often wonder this becuase my skin has looked exactly the same for 3 years now. The pink colored skin is in the exact same areas and the bumps are always in the same spots. Could the little tiny bumps all be hypertrophic scars? I know acne can sometimes scar in a hypertrophic manner, so I wonder if this is similar. And also, could the pink colored skin and discolorations be scarring as well? I have not tried hydroquinone yet because of the dangers I hear about it and it makes me nervous as well, but I'm debating if I should give it a shot to see if it would help.

I have placed links to my most recent photos here of my front cheek and temples on sides of face. Please help me. I've noticed there are a lot of smart people on this forum so I finally made an account and decided to share this with you all in hopes you can help me. Thank you.

Well, I tried posting pictures but the site would not allow me Sad I could send links to pictures of my skin if anyone private messages me. I guess that's all I can do Sad
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I wish I knew something that could help you. My mom had that same "crawling sensation" some years ago on her head and after that her hair thinned tremendously. Almost scary thin. It did eventually work its way out but her hair was quite thin for some time. I can't remember how long. Did the doctors you saw give you any type of indication of what this might be? Maybe you should see a Doctor of Internal Medicine instead of a dermatologist as it sounds like there might be more going on than just your skin issues. That's what I would recommend. An Internist (Doctor of Internal Medicine) just might be able to help you:

http://www.acponline.org/patients_families/about_internal_medicine/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:42 am      Reply with quote
If you inbox me some pictures maybe I can help...from what you said that sounds sad Sad I'm sorry you had to deal with all that.

Personally it sounds like you had a type of skin mite to me...but I can't tell without pics.
libertango
5% products discount

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I don't want to scare you but there are some viruses that may ruin the skin. I need a good picture, but even with it I might not be able to say something useful. Unfortunately there are no cures for viruses, so I hope it's something else.
Pamma
5% products discount

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear what you are going thru Sad
I read a similar story at owndoc(dot)com and Sarah determined that it was a possible skin mite. I don't remember what the out come was but I bet if you contact Sarah she could put you in touch with the girl who was experiencing this and how she is treating her skin. If you do as search on skin mites or large scarred pores at owndoc you might be able to find that thread.
HTH
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
it sounds like rosacea to me.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=rosacea+skin&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TUAaU9--NoHvqgHTp4DoDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=923

does your skin look at bit like this?
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
http://libertad-prensa.org/24-how-can-rosacea-be-treated/

sorry, the last link didn't work.

my friend has it and she did get some help.
it happened for her around the same age that you got it - that is when it usually shows up.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
For strange itchiness and redness I would maybe try a cream with silver in it as it is supposed to help with inflamation and skin healing and does really help with itchy skin.

one of my elbows was quite red and was itchy no matter what I put on it and went to the Dr, derm, tried at least 20 different creams (I get samples of most things, some I buy but stuff I can use for other issues too).

I found Thursday Plantaion tea tree oil cream worked well, but my skin was still itchy and not entirely better.
Still like Thurs plantation products, just not for my elbow as much...

I tried Zyderma cream with silver and that helped a lot and no more itching as long as I use it once a day.
I tried a few other brands cream with silver and either they did not work as well or did nothing (jack black silver cream).

Benadryl cream sort of helps but that is just good for a few hours and does not really make your skin better.
Also quite bad for you and can be toxic so trying to not use that...

Zyderma has a discount on the 30ml size on their website.

*I do not have anything to do with zyderma. I did a couple reviews for them and they did send me some product.
I also get a discount when I order their cream and my pics are on their facebook (and my blog has a review from Nov of my trial on my elbow...).

I also use their cream on my knees and has some mystery rash, went to 2 derms who has no idea, no suggestions.
And their cream did a amazing job on my knees where my skin was so red and sensitive before even just my pants rubbing was horrible and painful...

Now I have some darker spots on the side of my knee,but I'm sure if I keep on using zyderma cream they will eventually go away as they are slowly fading every week...

-there is also other silver creams you can buy.
Lavera has one and I still need to order it, just to try it out.

-there is also a company making a cream and spray for animals, but I tried their spray on my hands that were quite red and it did help.
The ingredients in it seem fine for humans and very similar to Aveno lotions.
-the silver in the pet products is the exact same as the one for humans also.

the silver ingredient is made by a German company and not by the people/companies who are making the creams.
if I did not k, now that I would not have tried the pet products...lol.

(i was looking for something that was a spray and no one else has one yet...).
-and at least the silver spray is safe to use and does not get absorbed into your skin like the benadryl spray that is really bad and has killed people from overuse...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |