Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
vitamin c serums--what do you use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi

just want to know for all vitamin c serums users out there, what brands your use?
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I have used Cellex-C, Probio Skin Both are really good. I found Probio Skin's serum C is more easily to be absorbed.

http://www.probioskin.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently using Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vit C serum and I really like it! It has all ingredients of SkinCeuticals one (e vit + ferulic) but without a hefty price tag.

My old acne scars have lighten up recently which can be due to this serum.
papaya

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I buy L-ascorbic acid powder and make a 5% solution with distilled water. I think it's the best way to prevent oxydation (making small amount on demand). Concentration can be increased by adding more vit C and it's unexpensive.
It's been only a week and all I can say is that my skin does look fresh in the morning which is unusual. So I guess it does the job.
Ashley87

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
Hi

just want to know for all vitamin c serums users out there, what brands your use?

Hello Salome,

I am using this brand named Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe, found it on Amazon. I decided to do some online research about it and discovered serum and Vitamin C's benefits for the skin. I have used this serum for a couple of weeks now, and was satisfied with the results. I like it because this has an anti-aging ingredient. I highly recommend this product. It works for me and it's affordable. Try it for yourself.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone triedwww.ncnproskincare.com Vitamin C + Serum with Vitamin E, Ferulic Acid and Glutathione? I am currently using Isomers and loving it but this product has caught my eye.
purplecity
5% products discount

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Has anyone triedwww.ncnproskincare.com Vitamin C + Serum with Vitamin E, Ferulic Acid and Glutathione? I am currently using Isomers and loving it but this product has caught my eye.

I‘m interested in Isomers recently. Can you recommend some serums of this brand?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I make my own. That way I can pack in more antioxidants and UV protectors and get the consistency I want.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 am      Reply with quote
purplecity - On the Isomers website, go to "Discovery Kits" and select the appropriate kit for your age bracket. Also, there is a forum you can access. If you are in the USA, Isomers will be on ShopHQ this coming weekend. This info is posted on "Upcoming Events" If you contact Isomers, they will recommend products for you also.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard of Hydra Select?

I make my own but I want to add vitamin E to it without it being oily. I think there's powdered vitamin E?
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
i ordered nufountain but it is taking a long time. it has been late for a month already. wonder will it turn bad when reach..
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I DIY for vitamin C because I can get a fresh batch... It is cheaper too to make.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
i diyed vit c serums b4. turned my whole face bloody orangey tanned. and the worst clogged my pores. did not get the glowing smooth effect.

All i used:

L ascorbic powder
mineral h20 / reviva rose spray
glycerin ( skipped if i used the rosespray )
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm a fan of Vivier Pharma vitamin C serum. It's stable, reliable and it works.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01 am      Reply with quote
OP,

If you're interested in trying Skinceuticals' CE Ferulic vitamin C serum, for a limited time, Dermstore is offering a free sample size for orders over $100.
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

-Vit C 20% Dermaceutic
-Vit C20%Mene&Moy
-Vit C Dr sebagh Smile
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I make my own. That way I can pack in more antioxidants and UV protectors and get the consistency I want.

What's your recipe?
Benette08
5% products discount

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I have not used vitamin C serum yet. I am now using vitamin c and e lotion for my face. I have read that serum is better than lotion or cream. Can anyone give me a brand of vitamin c that you are presently using right now? Give me some product reviews because I also want to try vitamin c serum preparation for my skin. Thanks a lot!
havana8

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
i diyed vit c serums b4. turned my whole face bloody orangey tanned. and the worst clogged my pores. did not get the glowing smooth effect.

All i used:

L ascorbic powder

When you say you DIYed a vitamin C serum, do you mean that you mixed up a batch of the LAA powder and Reviva spray (or glycerin) or did you mix the powder in your hand before each application? Where did you get your LAA? Perhaps someone may be able to help you sort out what's not agreeing with your skin. Here are the ingredients for the Reviva spray, BTW:

Reviva Labs Facial Spray Rosewater
Ingredients: Distilled rosewater, glycerin, aloe juice, polysorbate 20, tocopheryl acetate, vegetable oil & Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) and Vitamin B (ergocalciferol), fennel (and) hops (and) balm mint (and) mistletoe (and) maticaria (and) yarrow extracts, mallow (and) ivy (and) cucumber (and) sambucus and arnica extracts, trace mineral concentrate, methyl paraben

Regarding the clogged pores issue, it's not uncommon to read that some skins may not easily tolerate glycerin. See here for related experiences: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6519264
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2014 6:31 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Salome_B wrote:

All i used:

L ascorbic powder

When you say you DIYed a vitamin C serum, do you mean that you mixed up a batch of the LAA powder and Reviva spray (or glycerin) or did you mix the powder in your hand before each application? Where did you get your LAA? Perhaps someone may be able to help you sort out what's not agreeing with your skin. Here are the ingredients for the Reviva spray, BTW:

Reviva Labs Facial Spray Rosewater
Ingredients: Distilled rosewater, glycerin, aloe juice, polysorbate 20, tocopheryl acetate, vegetable oil & Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) and Vitamin B (ergocalciferol), fennel (and) hops (and) balm mint (and) mistletoe (and) maticaria (and) yarrow extracts, mallow (and) ivy (and) cucumber (and) sambucus and arnica extracts, trace mineral concentrate, methyl paraben

Regarding the clogged pores issue, it's not uncommon to read that some skins may not easily tolerate glycerin. See here for related experiences: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6519264

if i used plain mineral h20 will be

water, LAA and glycerin.

if reviva spray would be the spray with LAA..

Both did not work out..

some moisturisers i use has glycerin in it..

the LAA i use is this one

http://www.milagrotrading.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info%26products_id=352%26zenid=46e5400d6cbb2abd4ce4da1ff22c121c

oh i mixed everything in a dropper bottle. shake shake shake
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |