Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

please recommend something for face lifting and firming
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purplecity
5% products discount

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in my earyly 30s and find that my face is not as firm as before. Even can see some smile lines around my mouth.Confused Hope you can recommend some products that you have used and really works, like serum.. Thank you. Razz
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well, what have you tried so far?
What amount of time and effort are you willing to spend each day on skin care and exercise and devices?
What is your budget like? Very Happy
How obsessive are you?

eta: and your diet? you must eliminate sugar and junk from your diet to have good skin.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Well, what have you tried so far?
What amount of time and effort are you willing to spend each day on skin care and exercise and devices?
What is your budget like? Very Happy
How obsessive are you?

eta: and your diet? you must eliminate sugar and junk from your diet to have good skin.

I only used some hydrating products before. Lately I bought some restorative serums but found nothing works. I hope to use some skin care serums plus speacia massages to save it. I never used any devices before. When I wake up every morning, my face in the mirror just seemed tired and not firm Embarassed About the budget, if it really works, I can take that if that's no more than 200 CADs
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:54 am      Reply with quote
OK, well I dont know what gender you are or your hormone status but that also plays a role. And if you have any co-morbid conditions like thyroid, diabetes or RA. You dont have to say, but if you dont have them under control thats the first step.

I can only tell you what works for me, others may say different. Its trial and error to find what works for you.

1. Facial exercises. There are many threads on this forum. I use CarolynsFacialFitness.com. Massage is a part of it.

2. Gluten-,sugar/sugar substitute-, peanut-, soy-, dairy- and corn- free diet. As I say, this works for me to have nice skin but you may be able to tolerate these foods. The Virgin Diet speaks to how to eat around these intolerances and gives exercise programs.

3. Physical exercise. Gets the circulation going and helps eliminate waste products. Makes you feel better too, and a happy outlook on life makes you look better. A worried pinch expression makes anyone look older and tired.

4. Vitamins A and C topically. These are the most important topicals imho. Dr Setterfield speaks to other topical ingredients that he thinks are important in his book The Concise Guide to Dermal Needling 2013.

5. Dermal needling or PCIT, as well as other devices/modalities mentioned in the Dermal Needling book cited above.

6. Sunscreen. UV exposure contributes to collagen degradation and hyperpigmentation.

7. Do not smoke. It robs the skin of nutrients and is generally a bad idea for health.

8. Consistency. It takes 4 weeks for skin to turn over. Using a product for a week and deciding it doesnt work wont give you a good idea, unless you are allergic to it.

Thats the thumbnail sketch. Others may disagree or add to it. good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:12 am      Reply with quote
eta, but you didnt want to hear all that did you!
Very Happy

Most ppl just want the name of a serum or cream to apply and thats it. For some that may be all it takes, but for others - more work is involved.

The quest for beautiful skin, unless you are blessed to be born with it, is constant and requires effort and consistency and flexibility to change when need be. /endlecture.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Of that list I'd say not smoking and wearing sunscreen is 90%.
purplecity
5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
eta, but you didnt want to hear all that did you!
Very Happy

Most ppl just want the name of a serum or cream to apply and thats it. For some that may be all it takes, but for others - more work is involved.

The quest for beautiful skin, unless you are blessed to be born with it, is constant and requires effort and consistency and flexibility to change when need be. /endlecture.

Wow, you are really an expert! Thanks for the good advice. A good living habit+ healthy diet+ suitable serum+cream+happly feeling. I got it! I'll try!
purplecity
5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Of that list I'd say not smoking and wearing sunscreen is 90%.

Luckily, I don't smoke. Laughing But sometimes I'M too lazy to use sunscreen. Better to change that
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |