Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Turkey neck
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tjsinspain
5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, can any please reccommend a device or anyway to help reduce turkey neck.

Thank you so much.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I got the hubby a neck genie for a Christmas stocking stuffer (don't think he was excited). He hasn't used it much so the jury is still out but I have tried it a few times and it uses some muscles there.

http://www.amazon.com/Neck-Genie-Line-Slimmer/dp/B002QGO5YS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391184532&sr=8-2&keywords=neck+exerciser

5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Tjsinspain wrote:
Hi there, can any please reccommend a device or anyway to help reduce turkey neck.also can anyone recommend the best home devise for lifting and tightening the skin.

Thank you so much.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 am      Reply with quote
You are very welcome! Plus it is cheap. (I also heard someone talking about that it had been seen on the Kardashian family Christmas show, haha).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Well let us know how it works AnnieR! Did he ask for it or was it a gentle hint? Laughing

I believe in exercises to tone up the sagging muscles, and then needling to tone up the skin, along with topicals to do the rest.

Good posture to eliminate the saggy look and double chin cant hurt either.

Sunscreen to protect the delicate skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I do CarolynsFacialFitness.com

Her website has some freebie exercises and explains her philosophy.

If you want a free download of a book of exercises there's this thats also good:

http://en.bookfi.org/book/1156987
Senta Maria Runge

Enjoy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
That neckline machine is worthless for the loose skin under the chin. I tried it several years ago.
The only reason that I bought the Pico Toner was for the bit of looseness under my chin. It might do something if I used it for months, I don't know.
What I am doing everyday now is a skin massage where I pinch the skin all over my neck and face at least 3 times.
The following video demonstrates this "pincement Jacquet" clearly. It really does not matter that it's in French. The skin pinching is done on a clean face. The woman in the video is 60.
Move the slider to the 5-minute mark to get to the massage itself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm0KLsyxM0o
I do the massage in bed before getting up, followed by the pressure reps of FlexEffect for bone density. I use my fists of the heels of my hands for a lot of it, and sides of a finger for the tight places. It takes almost no time.
I do it also under the eyes. I started doing the pinching massage on my husband neck and face.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Marie-Andree wrote:

The following video demonstrates this "pincement Jacquet" clearly. It really does not matter that it's in French. The skin pinching is done on a clean face. The woman in the video is 60.

Marie-Andree, she looks awesome for 60! I didn't even FF because she is so naturally beautiful that I enjoyed watching the entire video--not to mention how pleasant French sounds to my ears. Her skin looked so firm as she massaged it but the proof was when she smiled and I didn't see the accordion effect on her skin you expect to see in someone her age. Not around her eyes or her lower face. Her skin thickness is impressive.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Marie-Andree - thank you so much for the video link - I do pinching massage also but not in such a structured way, so will take this on board. In particular, her neck looks very similar to mine, with the V not deep but with one or two vertical lines. I also note she avoids the eye socket, only massaging the outer eye (maybe she has tried and found it of no use?).

At 60+, my main aim these days is to keep my skin plump (without fillers) - I never want to have thin, tight skin against my cheekbones - and reduce sag as much as possible. Some wrinkles should therefore fill out with the plumpness and any that don't respond to face creams etc will just have to look after themselves - I have a life to live and only so much time to devote to my visage!

Tyger
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the link.

Could you please tell me for how long are you doing this? Also, what did it do for you? What problems do you have and if you see any improvements?

My main problem areas are my neck and under chin and I hope this will help to firm the creepy skin.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Really impressed by the video, I don't speak french unfortunately,do you know how many times a week the lady does the massage?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Really impressed by the video, I don't speak french unfortunately,do you know how many times a week the lady does the massage?

I did not watch everything from the beginning, but during the massage demonstration she only says that, for her nasio-labials, she does it every day .

Actually, she also says you always have to pinch where you have wrinkles, so I think it is more an anti-wrinkle massage than anti-turkey neck. Although she also does something for the double-chin at the end (pinching larger parts of the skin around the chin).
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I viewed the whole video again, and she says that she never now forgets to do that massage, that she believes in it more than in facial exercise. In fact, on her blog she says "A faire chaque jour à sec": to do every day on dry skin.

After pinching to one side of the face she smooths her skin on her way back.
She also says that she believes that her neck has deteriorated a bit because of the position of her head always bending before the computer. That's why she makes a point of doing the massage every day.
Around her eyes, she puts a serum before doing tapping and smoothing motions.
She has never had botox or surgery. She recently had fillers under her eyes. I don't think they improved anything.
I do the pinching inder the eye, just not as vigorously as for the rest of my face. Commonsense.
What is impressive is that she has never done eyebrow and forehead exercises because she believes that it lines the forehead. She only does the pinching and smoothing for them, and that part of her face is impeccable.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Tjsinspain wrote:
Hi there, can any please reccommend a device or anyway to help reduce turkey neck.

Thank you so much.

Hi, yes, certainly for me what has worked is massage and exercise, plus some actives on the skin like vit. A, E, and C.
Check out the video on massaging the neck area here, one of my favorites...Tried it and love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDJ_ud7Los

I follow Carolyn's exercises, not on a daily basis anymore but when I can. I find them very effective even if not followed on a daily basis. I do facial massages daily though,and this massge of the neck area is superb. HIH.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
ATester,

Thank you very much for this exercise. I will try it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I think she's great, and she's got a few videos I noticed that she demo's things in.

I agree her eyes and forehead look great to me, and I love that little smoothing action she does after the pinching.

Marie-Andree wrote:
I viewed the whole video again, and she says that she never now forgets to do that massage, that she believes in it more than in facial exercise. In fact, on her blog she says "A faire chaque jour à sec": to do every day on dry skin.

After pinching to one side of the face she smooths her skin on her way back.
She also says that she believes that her neck has deteriorated a bit because of the position of her head always bending before the computer. That's why she makes a point of doing the massage every day.
Around her eyes, she puts a serum before doing tapping and smoothing motions.
She has never had botox or surgery. She recently had fillers under her eyes. I don't think they improved anything.
I do the pinching inder the eye, just not as vigorously as for the rest of my face. Commonsense.
What is impressive is that she has never done eyebrow and forehead exercises because she believes that it lines the forehead. She only does the pinching and smoothing for them, and that part of her face is impeccable.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Marie-Andree wrote:

Marie-Andree, she looks awesome for 60! I didn't even FF because she is so naturally beautiful that I enjoyed watching the entire video--not to mention how pleasant French sounds to my ears. Her skin looked so firm as she massaged it but the proof was when she smiled and I didn't see the accordion effect on her skin you expect to see in someone her age. Not around her eyes or her lower face. Her skin thickness is impressive.

I agree Nonie...The French is lovely. My daughter is fluent in French. If I show her I'm watching this - she'll get a kick out of it but then I will have blown my cover. She'll find out her mother is a closet narcissist. Laughing

Thanks Marie-Andree for this. Based on so many reports and threads on EDS - the pinching, massage and the skin detox is a great baseline for anti-aging. And so easy to do.
I watched a few of her other videos also. I wish I knew what her skincare routine was. She is a true beauty.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie-No hint, more of a hit over the head haha.
Unfortunately this lovely genetic trait runs in his family. His Mom, Uncle, grandad all have it.
His Mom had a facelift and waddle removal/tighten/lift a few years back to remove it. Rick says that is what he might do someday.
The other downside of this is that his doctor said it contributes to his snoring, the extra fat on his neck area.
So far the gadget has not worked but he is not using it as aggressively as I intended, ie the gadget drawer, haha. I do not expect a miracle.
Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm.. thats interesting about the Dr verifying that the neck fat contributes to snoring! I wonder if DHs insurance could be persuaded to cover any surgery to remove the fat. Worth asking! zzzzzzzzzzzz

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie-No, it barely covered the deviated septum and we paid for the inserts since they didnt cover anything to do with snoring. Even CPAP is out of pocket on our plan. Just need to get him on a diet and that would help.
The video was awesome. I watched it, and although I speak minimal french, I got the jest of it. I just cannot seem to get that pinch down so I will work on it. She was very lovely!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
re-posting for Val2U

Val2U wrote:
fawnie wrote:
I do CarolynsFacialFitness.com

Her website has some freebie exercises and explains her philosophy.

Hi Fawnie,

Have you made changes to your neck with Carolyn's program? Have you tried flexeffect if so why did you switch? I looked at Deb Crowley's new photos and her neck is just what I'm looking for. Looking to buy.
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I just viewed Nicole Tonnelle's latest video, and she says that on April 8th, she'll be 63. Looking good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_FwXtLwZ8g
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
She is indeed a very beautiful and charming lady, but her neck is the one thing that gives away her age the most; the rest of her face looks much younger then the neck and slight jowls imho.

Nevertheless I found her to be very beautiful and full of life and charisma; and much prefer that look to some "frozen" immobile face we sometimes see.

Just my 2 cents.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
She is indeed a very beautiful and charming lady, but her neck is the one thing that gives away her age the most; the rest of her face looks much younger then the neck and slight jowls imho.

Nevertheless I found her to be very beautiful and full of life and charisma; and much prefer that look to some "frozen" immobile face we sometimes see.

Just my 2 cents.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I beg to disagree. Her neck or hardly-there jowls do NOT give away her age. Even in this thread are images of people younger than her with necks that do not look as smooth as hers. When she moves her head in a certain way, you see a hint of loose skin but only then...otherwise, I don't see cords nor rings nor anything I associate with 63-year old necks.

Here's what 63 year old necks look like to me (from Google images):

Even after cosmetic surgery, this is what I expect a 63-year old neck to look like:

Image Source

I mean if 55 can look like the lady below, even after cosmetic surgery, how does a neck like Nicole's give away that she's 63?

ImageSource

I think cosmetic surgery has pulled wool over people's eyes that we forgot what a natural 63 year old really looks like. IMO Nicole looks so good that if she told me she was in her early 50's, I'd believe her and still think she looks amazing for her age.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie,

I guess it all depends what one compares to.

All of the lovely ladies in the pictures look older then their age imho. I was thinking more along the lines of Caroline, Deb and Pratima. The only one I had seen up close was Pratima and she was at the time about 60+ (I think 64, but not sure) and looked much younger.

To me Nicolle's face looks very young (about 40) in all areas except the neck and jowls, but it could be that these areas are the most problematic for me so I pay too much attention to them. I guess if I had to guess her age without any information I would probably thought her to be at least 10 years younger then her biological age. So my post should have been - that she looks about 20 years younger except these 2 areas where there is a slight show of aging.

To be honest I will be very happy to look as well as she does at that age. She is very beautiful and projects a certain kindness and love of life, that imho are invaluable.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |