Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Products for thinning eyebrows
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone, My eyebrows are thinning a bit and it's making me nervous. I don't need to pluck or wax them anymore. I really don't want to use an eyebrow pencil or do tatooing. Those just don't look right or natural. Are there any products out there that can help grow parts of your eyebrows back?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I have an area that an esthetician used the IPL too close to several years ago and they have been struggling to grow back thru the years. I use my careprost on them (as well as my eyelashes) and it has definitely helped them thicken up. Still have a little ways to go but it is coming along.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you aren't hypothyroid. Thinning brows are one symptom.
purplecity
5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
Hello Everyone, My eyebrows are thinning a bit and it's making me nervous. I don't need to pluck or wax them anymore. I really don't want to use an eyebrow pencil or do tatooing. Those just don't look right or natural. Are there any products out there that can help grow parts of your eyebrows back?

I heard of one grass juice can make the eyebrows grow. It's natural and organic. But I haven't used it myself. I'm not sure if you're interested in it.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:08 am      Reply with quote
You can use Latisse (Careprost) on your eyebrows
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I heard Lattisse isn't good for eyes. Not even eyelashes. Anything else?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:

Please, if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by this? How is it bad for eyelashes? What do you suppose might happen?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've used it for years with no problems.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:

Latisse is made for the eyes. The active ingredient was/is made to help glaucoma.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hello, i am new here, but i have had this happening to me for whatever reason last year, along with the hair just falling off at times.

my beautician told me to simply apply castor oil to the eyebrows every morning and night, everyday...and a year later i will tell you it worked. so maybe you can try that until you find a product you like.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I tried the caster oil too but it didn't work for me although they were healthy!
I have also used Women's Rogaine and it was okay but nothing like the careprost.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM, Softskin and LauraLizzie, Please read the link below for yourself. I'm afraid of what other side affects might come out later from using Lattisse now.

http://voices.yahoo.com/dangers-latisse-eyelash-product-fda-sends-warning-4310549.html?cat=69

Annabelle, I'll have to give castor oil a try. I'm not sure if I should wear it to work during the day lol. I'll def give it a go at night! Thank you!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Those risks apply to people who use the drops for glaucoma, applying them directly into the eye. The article states a bottle lasts thirty days. Yes, if you use one drop per eye daily. I use one drop three times per week for both eyes and that is just painting it lightly on my lash line and eyebrows. A bottle lasts about three months. Big difference.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I would say I get 4 1/2 months use out of one vial of careprost. Just put a small drop into the dimple on top of the lid of the container and use that for the eyelashes. There is always some leftover, you can use that for your eyebrows if needed. I put it on one site where my hair has thinned.

I have used this for some time and have very light eyes. No change so far.
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use SkinActives Lash & Brow serum on both my lashes & brows. Seems to help some. It's not expensive-about $12 or so. I also love Trish McEvoy's Precision Brow Shaper pencil. It really gives a natural looking line, doesn't look harsh or fake. I am a brunette and I use the Natural color. I like that you can easily shape your brow and control the depth of color. For many years I didn't do anything with my brows either because they didn't look natural but this pencil is great. I think as we age our brow hair lightens and even turns gray so we have disappearing brows which sure doesn't help our eyes or face any. So doing something with my brows is a must for me and these two products work for me.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your replies! Debb3485, where might I find SkinActives serum? Maybe I could try getting my eyebrows penciled by one of the make up counter people. I wouldn't know how to do it. Also wondering what about grayness in the eyebrows. Do you have them dyed or penciled over?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Another suggestion is Rogaine for thinning eyebrows.

Oprah article here:

http://www.oprah.com/style/The-Eyebrow-Experiment_2

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:

Oprah article here:

The only thing with minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine) is that it has to be used for life or the hair you grow from using it will fall off when you stop using it.

Quote:
What happens if I stop using ROGAINE® products?

Answer

Continued use of ROGAINE® products is needed to maintain hair regrowth. If you stop using it, the normal hair loss process will start again. You will probably lose your newly regrown hair within 3 to 4 months and will look the way you looked before using ROGAINE® products. So, you'll want to make ROGAINE® products part of your daily routine.

Source: http://www.rogaine.com/category/products/faqs.do

Dr Pickart used to recommend it to be used with his eyebrow regrowth products although I don't see it listed anymore (http://reverseskinaging.com/eyebrows.html) but when I used them, I didn't not touch minoxidil with a ten-foot pole. Anyway, as far as Folligen is concerned, it occurred to me that it may probably never work for me because I never ever really had any hair on the outer parts of my eyebrows from childhood which probably means I have never had hair follicles there so I was probably flogging a dead horse. However, maybe Folligen did thicken the existing eyebrows (or did it?) I started using it in Feb 2009 along with Emu oil but mostly at night.

Prior to Folligen and Emu, I had tried so many different things but none consistently. I do think there was a bit of fullness from those things but cannot really say which exactly. I would switch from one regimen to another out of boredom and just not seeing much change... (TBH I was not really pressed to grow the hair in because I do a fairly good job of drawing my eyebrows in and it takes me less than a few minutes). These were the "progress pics before Folligen (April 2004, May 2007, June 2008 respectively):

So anyway, in case anyone is interested, the products I have used on my eyebrows include:

- Skin Biology's Folligen Cream (After 6 months, I posted my results on their site but the pics keep disappearing (http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1990018252/m/753100171?r=329107702#329107702). Anyway, they are the same pics I post below showing August 2009 results)

- Billion Dollar Brows' Brow Boost (Theirs is the one product I've seen with eyebrow results--everyone else only shows long eyelash results which isn't exactly the goal I'm going for with my brows--but I am not sure if the brow results are of eyebrows that were naturally scarce or just scarce from over-plucking. If it's the latter, then that really doesn't promise me much. http://www.billiondollarbrows.com/stories)

- Castor oil, Essential Oil for Growth, Ardell Brow Growth Accelarator, Emu oil, Brow Gain by Damon Roberts aka the Eyebrow King...have all been used at one time or another too...and they were I guess to thank for any changes that occurred between 2004 and 2008. I just couldn't say which one worked the best, since I didn't really stick to any religiously or pay attention. Because as I said, I draw them in pretty well, and it doesn't take me more than a few minutes to do so, hence I usually drop the ball before too long.

And then below is the photo I posted on SkinBio on August7, 2009 after 6 months of Folligen and Emu nightly Confused

Not sure what changes I got in six months but then as I said, maybe mine is a case where I was flogging a dead horse since I've never had hair in the sparse areas. Anyway, I am so used to my sparse eyebrows and OK with them since it doesn't take me long to fill them in.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I have used Talika lipocils, both for eyelashes and eyebrows. I found them both to help a bit.

It did thicken quite nicely on the inner eyebrows but only a few hairs grew on the outer eyebrow as overplucked years ago - unfortunately this sparse growth was often in the 'wrong' place, where I had always plucked them to lift my outer eyebrow, so ended up having to remove some!! So still drawing in and, like Nonie, I can pencil in the my eyebrows quickly, so often forgetful about remembering to use lipocils.

My eyelashes have always been long so I use the eyelash lipocils sporadically in case I start losing length because of ageing (also use this on the brows if doing both at same time).

You have to keep using them, build them into your routine, like brushing your teeth, to get ongoing benefit.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Minoxidil 5% (Men's version) grew back my overplucked eyebrows in a month. Still a bit sparse in the outer corner but I never had a lot of hair there anyway. I also use Retin A and I think that helps the Minoxidil penetrate.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Autumn1995 wrote:

Oprah article here:

The only thing with minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine) is that it has to be used for life or the hair you grow from using it will fall off when you stop using it.

Quote:
What happens if I stop using ROGAINE® products?

Answer

Continued use of ROGAINE® products is needed to maintain hair regrowth. If you stop using it, the normal hair loss process will start again. You will probably lose your newly regrown hair within 3 to 4 months and will look the way you looked before using ROGAINE® products. So, you'll want to make ROGAINE® products part of your daily routine.

Source: http://www.rogaine.com/category/products/faqs.do

Dr Pickart used to recommend it to be used with his eyebrow regrowth products although I don't see it listed anymore (http://reverseskinaging.com/eyebrows.html) but when I used them, I didn't not touch minoxidil with a ten-foot pole. Anyway, as far as Folligen is concerned, it occurred to me that it may probably never work for me because I never ever really had any hair on the outer parts of my eyebrows from childhood which probably means I have never had hair follicles there so I was probably flogging a dead horse. However, maybe Folligen did thicken the existing eyebrows (or did it?) I started using it in Feb 2009 along with Emu oil but mostly at night.

Prior to Folligen and Emu, I had tried so many different things but none consistently. I do think there was a bit of fullness from those things but cannot really say which exactly. I would switch from one regimen to another out of boredom and just not seeing much change... (TBH I was not really pressed to grow the hair in because I do a fairly good job of drawing my eyebrows in and it takes me less than a few minutes). These were the "progress pics before Folligen (April 2004, May 2007, June 2008 respectively):

So anyway, in case anyone is interested, the products I have used on my eyebrows include:

- Skin Biology's Folligen Cream (After 6 months, I posted my results on their site but the pics keep disappearing (http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1990018252/m/753100171?r=329107702#329107702). Anyway, they are the same pics I post below showing August 2009 results)

- Billion Dollar Brows' Brow Boost (Theirs is the one product I've seen with eyebrow results--everyone else only shows long eyelash results which isn't exactly the goal I'm going for with my brows--but I am not sure if the brow results are of eyebrows that were naturally scarce or just scarce from over-plucking. If it's the latter, then that really doesn't promise me much. http://www.billiondollarbrows.com/stories)

- Castor oil, Essential Oil for Growth, Ardell Brow Growth Accelarator, Emu oil, Brow Gain by Damon Roberts aka the Eyebrow King...have all been used at one time or another too...and they were I guess to thank for any changes that occurred between 2004 and 2008. I just couldn't say which one worked the best, since I didn't really stick to any religiously or pay attention. Because as I said, I draw them in pretty well, and it doesn't take me more than a few minutes to do so, hence I usually drop the ball before too long.

And then below is the photo I posted on SkinBio on August7, 2009 after 6 months of Folligen and Emu nightly Confused

Not sure what changes I got in six months but then as I said, maybe mine is a case where I was flogging a dead horse since I've never had hair in the sparse areas. Anyway, I am so used to my sparse eyebrows and OK with them since it doesn't take me long to fill them in.

Nonie - clearly you tried. As you say - no hair follicles in operation all along but you gave it your best shot and you have nice brows anyway to work with. I love how fair you are with pictures and telling the tale of how you got where you are and what has and hasn't worked. You can't argue with pictures.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |