Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Advice: Looking for anti-aging face-tightening device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
geniepie

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for an anti-aging face-tightening device, preferably with ultrasound. Does anyone have any suggestions for any products they have used?
purplecity
5% products discount

Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
how about the Nuface product?
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Both the Squoom and Merbe are reviewed here. They use ultrasound.
I bought a cheapo 3 in 1 Ulrasonic galvanic ion photon device from Ebay, which uses 3 mhz ultrasound. I cannot say with certainty how effective it is as I only use it occassionally around my jaw line (I want to believe its helping!!), check it out, they are still being sold for under $40.
All the micrcurrent gadgets claim to tighten - the cheapest ones on ebay are called Bio Microcurrent massagers, nifty for using around the eye area, and knockoff Face Masters, which deliver enough zap to lift the brow temporarily.

The Nuface is well liked, so is the CACI, they cost a lot more, but will have more dependable warranties. There is a lot of discussion regarding microcurrent on the forum... Personally, I am on the fence regarding this topic: I have only seen temporary lifting and tightening, but with regular (daily) use the results may be cumulative, there are certainly a lot of microcurrent believers here.
Gravity can be a b..ch!!
geniepie

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you guys for all the information. Its so hard to choose a product because you aren't sure it actually works =)
Leporia
5% products discount

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading so much on EDS for 6 or more weeks and thought about getting a merbe, however I chose a cheapie $40 device that has ultrasound, galvanic for cleansing and product penetration instead. Mainly I needed help to cleanse around T-zone for blackheads and enlarged pores as well as puffy bags under eyes. I was interested in activating better lymph drain removal.
I currently do not use any products that I would feel at ease with deeper penetration.
The problem that I am having is I am hesitant to use it as the warning to not use around eyes or near sinuses..I just received it friday and was not aware of this until I read it on the instruction sheet that came with it.
Leporia
5% products discount

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
As requested;

ULTRASONIC SKIN SCRUBBER
MODEL:8050
OPERATION

Ultrasound exfoliation-agentle way of exfoliating dead skin cells for a cleaner healthier complexion without redness and irritation. It's functions are:

-loosen and remove oil, dirt and cellular debris from pores to achieve radian healthy skin look
-diminish wrinkles and fine lines by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin (if treatments are maintained regularly)
Deep Cleaning Method
Leporia
5% products discount

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
2nd pg
Ultrasonic massage effectively stimulates and calms the skin using sound waves of 29Khz which helps deep penetration of nutrients.
Its functions are:
-stimulate regeneration of the skin
-increases blood flow into the treated area, which speeds up regeneration and rejuvenation process
-improves permeability of skin
Deep Penetration Method
(the pictures are blurry so I went to the ebay site to understand what was not clear. It shows how to hold the metal flat spatula type tip when cleaning with the curved part up and tip down, then in penetration the bend the opposite)
3rd pg
Treatment chart
Function-clean- Treatment Mode-cleaning Continuous
Time-3-10min Description-Removes aged surface skin and smoothes it Indications-Aged, dull looking and sun damaged skin

Function-Infuse-Permeation-Pulse-3-10min Utillizes vibration energy to channel skin care products into dermis and epidermis Indications- For better penetration of skin care products

Later I will continue the USER GUIDE
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Leporia, I also have one of those ultrasonic scrubbers (I love a gadget!). They are certainly effective at vibrating the debris from clogged pores. Just flip it over to use the tapping mode to drain lymph.

Have you tried D'Arsonval High Frequency Device or similar? It comes with an array of electrodes which specifically deal with lymph drainage, and addresses oily skin and clogged pores. It is a brilliantly effective zit zapper, as my son could testify!

I do have a question though: is there a difference between ulrasound (which uses sound waves) and ulrasonic. The skin scrubbers sold on ebay seem to toss both words around, but do not specify mhz. I suspect ultrasonic is more about the speed of vibrations...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Leporia-
What is the name of your gadget?

5% products discount

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Billybob,

Have not tried D Arsonval, looked at it several times. So many choices..
I really am hesitant to use this new device as I do not understand the differences either

Hi AnnieR,

The box says nusonic It is like the one Christine Byer used on her sister that helped the most with under-eye bags
Leporia
5% products discount

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 am      Reply with quote
USER GUIDE (continued)
1. Connect the power cord using small plug and plug the adaptor.
2. Press On/Off button. The indicator will light up. Indicator "L" will show that unit started in low intensity.
3. Use the "Vol" button to select Low or High(L,H) intensity and pulse or continuous mode. The corresponding indicators will light up. Pulse indicator (located in the center) will light up together with L or H indicator whenever Low or High intensity output is selected to be emitted in pulse mode. Whenever 1 indicator is on-HorL-unit will operate in continuous mode.
4. Start treatment
Leporia
5% products discount

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Sample Ultrasonic Facial Treatment

1. Clean skin using steamer or hot towel.
2. Using a small cotton sponge or spray moisten skin with distilled water during cleaning skin with ultrasonic scrubber every now and then. Use scrubber on high intensity and apply as on picture on page 2.
3. Use the other side of the metal blade. Lay tip flat. Massage lightly using "permeation" technique to relax facial muscles and follow with serum application. Infuse serum with ultrasonic scrubber using this mode.
4. After penetration procedure use more moisturizer on skin to seal the hydrated skin.

Caution:

Cosmetologists agree that ultrasound treatments have no side effects. However there are some contradictions you shall know about when using ultrasound devices. They are malignancy, pregnancy,circulatory deficiency, severe infection. Never apply the massage over eyes, heart (especially if you have peacemaker),growing bones, testes, carotid, sinuses. The probe of the ultrasound device must be kept in constant motion to prevent an excessive build up of focused ultrasound energy. Keep the scrubber blade sterol before and after use.

That is copied from sheet for the product nusonic
Whewww, lol
Now what is the verdict for safety?

Also, I hope the instructions are helpful to the one who asked for them and please don't hesitate to ask if you need any more info, tho I have not used it lol
Cheers
Leporia
5% products discount

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Billybob

My dilemma is I prefer natural holistic type modalities yet am willing to cross the line a tad in some areas if not a large sacrifice in health concerns…

I am using slendertone face and safetox with great results and I feel fine with these devices.I considered merbe or another one ??? lol, and considering I am not interested in product penetration at this time just lymph eye bags and blackheads around nose as well as enlarged pores around T-zone area I thought I would get by with a cheapie. I did not intend to use on my whole face and neck anyway.

Then when the nusonic arrived friday and read the cautions I was concerned as my thoughts health and beauty are hand in hand.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Leporia, I would certainly trust any advice given by Christine Byer, she knows her stuff!

I don't think the Ultrasonic Skin Scrubber would be any more invasive than the slendertone or Safetox, and for your purpose (cleaning out your pores) it is nifty. I really don't think you would do any harm using the tapping mode to drain lymph...

There is a thread here on the high frequency gadgets, I got mine from LCL Beauty, but Amazon and ebay are selling them for around $35.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
The mechanism of action is so totally different between Slendertone, Safetox and Ultrasound is totally different. US would be the one where I would be very careful and would only by from a reputable source (I have Merbe, but there were discussions for a cheaper alternatives on that thread).

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma, I totally agree that the mechanism of action between Ultrasound and Microcurrent are different, and agree that Anyone interested in US should check out the US threads to find a reputable supplier.

I don't think those 'ultrasonic skin scrubbers' - the ones with the spatula, actually use ultrasound: I think its more about the speed of the vibrations (akin to say the Clairosonic) that make them effective. The spatula works as a skin scraper, peeling off dead cells and muck, and the vibratory action (!), and water spray helps the gunk wiggle out of the pores. Using it on its flip side, helps tap your actives in, and possibly encourages deeper penetration: the tapping action would certainly be speedier for lymph drainage than manual massage.

It does seem that sometimes ultrasonic and ultrasound are used interchangeably in the description spiels, especially on ebay. My feeling is that unless a mhz is specifically stated its most probably not unltrasound.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Leporia!
I have had a facial at my medspa a few years ago using one of these and it was awesome. They recommended it over microdermabrasion since I have rosacea.
I will have to get one!

5% products discount

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sigma

My thoughts as well on US

Hi Billybob

I will try on the low settings carefully under eyes and for extra cleaning just on my nose

Hi AnnieR

I am glad I brought it up too, now I feel better and intend to try it this week-end
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm also trying to find an effective skin tightening device particularly for my upper eyelids.

Anyone have any luck with thin saggy upper eyelids with any device in particular. Trying to avoid surgery.

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Personally I think Caci salon treatments are fab for tightening skin around the eyes. But I appreciate it is salon and not home use. I haven't used the Caci Microcurrent (Caci's home unit) but it didn't get very good reviews here on the forum. I decided against the home Caci and instead bought a Sqoom. I really love it and think it the best home device I have for skin firming/plumping - I also own a ReAura which is truly great at improving skin tone and pigmentation but less good at firming. If it's helpful I recently posted a 2-part review of the Sqoom on my blog here http://faceupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/tried-and-tested-sqoom-review-part-2-of.html?m=1
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much TParkes - for the info & read your blog - also informative. I have a dermawand, which apparently uses radio frequency - not sure if it's the same technology - found it quite dying for my eye area & didn't see any improvement - but didn't use it that much either.

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
Skinexpert

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Soooo is anyone on here actually licensed to be talking about all these devices with any certainty? This is rather scary reading these posts!! I am a licensed esthetician, cosmetologist, esthetics instructor, and certified laser technician. I have been in the industry for quite some time. I don't think amazon or eBay are very credible sources at all for gathering information on these machines (and especially for selling them) and technologies which no one seems to know very much about (other than the horrible instructions which come with these machines from foreign sources). The currents and modalities you speak of are not even remotely related and they all serve a different purpose as far as skin care devices are concerned. It's paramount that you understand the difference and also have a basic understanding of how your skin and body functions as well as electricity and what is considered safe (and effective) and what isn't. There is something called an esthetician who spends a lot of time and money going to school to gain extensive knowledge about these things for you, only to be passed by by some discredited foreign company taking your hard-earned money for you to receive no benefit or results from in return. Please, please do us all a favor, especially yourselves, and save it for the professionals! If you have the money to blow on these false claims made by companies manufacturing these machines to sell to unlicensed individuals who have no clue how to use them then you have the money to pay a licensed professional for a facial or micro current or ultrasound treatment every once in a while to educate you. This is a disgrace to our industry and it's maddening to read all these forums where more than half the people posting are completely clueless. No offense to anyone but please seek out a professional before you waste your time and money on clever marketing schemes.
BonnieChu

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Try the Clarisonic brush..... my friend says it works really well for such stuff.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Skin expert - that's some first post. Of course you want us to go to salons and not DIY.
The whole point of this forum is that we (relatively intelligent and honest people) advise and review products and devices that do and don't work. I bought my Lightstim (LED treatment device) because I read 100's of positive reviews from here, because the manufacturers (in the USA) take the time to post here with advice, because after 5 years of use I know it's worth its weight in gold. I could never and would never pay out the stupid prices being asked by greedy aestheticians for LED treatment. And you know how many of your fellow professionals actually recommend derma rolling beforehand?? I've learnt more from here than any skin clinic I've wasted money on.
amiee
5% products discount

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have purchased a micro current machine that I love from lcl beauty - it is a very professional machine that I bought for around 300 and I also purchased a microdermabrasion machine from shining_ image on ebay that is very professional quality for 200 both of these sellers have many types of machines available

I also purchased a high powered galvanic machine from ebay for 500 and it was a frigin joke and piece of c*** but it was easy to return and I got free shipping and a quick full refund - so no harm done for trying

I am now looking for a good monopolar radio frequency machine - if anyone knows of a good one
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |