Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Healthy sweet treats?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to change my eating habits and reduce the amount of processed sugar and carbs in my diet. I guess it is a sort of anti-inflammatory approach. I do have a super sweet tooth though and I would like to find some ways of getting a sweet treat (which I would consume only in moderation of course!) which is healthy if possible. I found a recipie for Hemp Protein Brownies online with only these ingrediants:

- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 banana
- drops of chocolate and walnut flavorings

Things like this are great, or if you know any websites or books that have similer type of recipies. I do believe you can make a chocolate pudding out of avocados and pudding from chia seeds anyway if you have any ideas let me know!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Check out Gwyneth Paltrow's recipes on her goop website.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Never feel guilty about cooking with (or just eating) fruits and fruit juices. They are high in sugar, but the vitamin C and antioxidants "make up for it." There was a point in time that I avoided a ton of recipes because they used bananas or pomegranate juice. Good for you for not get caught up on the stigma like I did!

I guess if you can find it you could try that miracle berry, too. I always wanted to eat it before lemon or lime juice myself.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I make my own energy bars with:

• Virgin Diet protein shake powder
• coconut oil
• greens powder
• chia seeds
• chopped dried berries and nuts
• coconut flour
• organic unsweetened coconut flakes
• enough pure water to make it like fudge

Pat into a baking pan and freeze til solid then cut into bars and wrap.
Or roll into balls and freeze. You could roll them in coconut flakes if you like.

Once you lose your taste for uber-sweet stuff you dont crave it anymore. Getting off the soda and fruit juices helped me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses everyone, I will check out Goop!

Chlorophyll thanks for your feedback I agree that fruits are fine yes they do have sugar but they have loads of good things too so they can't be compared to cookies in my opinion.

Fawnie I really appreciate the recipe for your ebergy bars they sound perfect for taking when I am out so I am not tempted to byy rubbish to snack on. I have most of the ingredients so I will try them next week. Do you keep them in the freezer until you use them or do you store them in the fridge?

I do agree about losing your taste for the sweet stuff it was a family members birthday today and I had a slice of sultana cake (my old favorite) and to be honest it tasted a bit fake and I felt really bloated and uncomfortable after I ate it dissapointing actually but in another way its great because I am actually enjoying my goji berry and almond mix better than the nasty shop bought cakes I used to love!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Pandora, see? already your body is telling you its not good! Very Happy

I store them in the freezer to make them easier to cut into bars,and then I put them back into the freezer. I like the way they are when half frozen but I can take them with me in my bag (wrapped) and they are ok thawed also.

I forgot to add that I use cayenne pepper and turmeric in mine but not everyone likes those spices. Add whatever you like to taste. Even some salt for electrolyte replacement!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mike Adams has a nice collection of sweet snacks in his store: http://store.naturalnews.com/Snacks_c_45.html

I tried his 100% Raw energy bars. It looks expensive, but they are very filling. I couldn't eat more than half of the bar.

My lunch time is around 12:30 and my dinner is only at 20:30. So, i must have something in between.

If i don't have any bars, raw almonds and dry fruits or berries are always stored in my table.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a recipe from veganbaking.net shared on Odacite's recent newsletter:

Vegan Coconut Almond Truffles

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup dates
½ cup walnuts
½ cup almonds
½ cup + 2 Tablespoons raw cocoa powder
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon salt
Extra coconut, cocoa powder or nuts for finishing.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Process the dates, walnuts and almonds
In a food processor blend together the dates, walnuts and almonds until they form a crumbly paste. If it's too thick, add a little water, but only enough for it to just come together. Depending on personal taste, the truffle mixture doesn't need to be totally smooth; some nutty pieces and tate chunks can be a cood thing. Add the cocoa powder and blend until mostly incorporated.

2) Build the truffle mixture
Remove the nut mixture from your food processor and place it in a large bowl. Stir in the shredded coconut, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract and mix until smooth.

3) Roll the vegan truffle mixture into balls
If the truffle mixture is too sticky at this point, place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes so it firms up slightly. Measure the truffle mixture out as about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Roll it into balls by rolling the mixture between your palms.

4) Coat the truffles
Roll the truffles in your desired topping such as coconut, cocoa powder or nuts.

While these could be eaten right away, the truffles are best when cold. For best results place the truffles in the freezer and allow to them harden at least 1 hour. Store the remaining truffles in the freezer and allow them to soften at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving. This recipe makes about 15 Vegan Coconut Almond Truffles.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I make my own energy bars with:

• Virgin Diet protein shake powder
• coconut oil
• greens powder
• chia seeds
• chopped dried berries and nuts
• coconut flour
• organic unsweetened coconut flakes
• enough pure water to make it like fudge

Pat into a baking pan and freeze til solid then cut into bars and wrap.
Or roll into balls and freeze. You could roll them in coconut flakes if you like.

Once you lose your taste for uber-sweet stuff you dont crave it anymore. Getting off the soda and fruit juices helped me.

Fawnie - hey! you gave us the ingredients but no amounts.. Hows a girl supposed to make this up without knowing how much? Come on now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I never measure Sis! Just add amounts to make a thick fudge like consistency. Come on now!! Laughing

Oh ok Ill wing it:

10 scoops Virgin Diet powder or Thorne (the scoop in the jar)
1/4 c greens powder
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c coconut flour
handful nuts
handful coconut flakes
some berries
water to make it fudge like
1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp turmeric and cayenne
and anything else you want to add.

Like it? Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
i cut out dairy, granules, sugar in my diet as much as possible. cows milk is from pregnant cows and ingesting it means u are ingesting its pregnancy hormones, which is intended for calfes not humans.
havana8

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another link for "healthy" cookies which were actually pretty good: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/nikkis-healthy-cookies-recipe.html Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I keep a huge jug of pure filtered water with chlorophyll drops in it to sip on. When I get a food craving I sip on the chlorophyll water and the minty freshness knocks out the craving.

I use this one but Im sure there are others that would work as well:

http://www.naturesway.com/Products/Our-Brands/Chlorofresh/10008-Chlorofresh-Chlorophyll-Drops.aspx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:00 am      Reply with quote
That's weird that you mentioned the minty freshness helping with sweets cravings. My go-to for when I'm having a *serious* craving is iced peppermint tea. Freaky!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:10 am      Reply with quote
^^ Yes! and I think of you each time I drink it! Laughing Freakier still!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I just made these last night but was too lazy to toast the nuts and coconut. I made some changes using sweetened coconut, since I had it, and 1/4 cup coconut oil because I didn't have coconut butter. You will need a food processor to make this. Very good, not too sweet. Very good frozen or chilled.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much everyone for the recipes and tips. I'm going to get those chlorophyll drops for sure.

I have been experimenting with some healthy baking when I have time but I really am losing my taste for the sweet junk food I used to eat a lot of and have lost 12lbs in the past 6 weeks ...woo hoo!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Grain Free Citrus Cookies

Made without gluten, eggs, refined sugar, or dairy. Makes 2 dozen

In a large mixing bowl:

2 cups almond meal
2 Tbl coconut flour
1/2 C unsweetened organic coconut flakes
1/2 C organic raw honey at room temp (soft)
4 Tbs organic coconut oil at room temp (soft)
juice of one lime

Mix everything together all at once by hand and make balls. Flatten slightly with palm of hand on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
Bake 10-11 min @350ºF.
Let cool on the sheet for 5 min then cool on wire racks (if they last that long!) Smile

These are light as a feather, melt in your mouth, good for your tummy tea cookies. They go down easily with a glass of iced mint green tea or some of Betty's teas
From the book "The Healthy Gluten-Free Life" by Tammy Credicottwww.goodreads.com/book/show/13193856-the-healthy-gluten-free-life

Read more: http://skincare.boards.net/thread/948/virgin-diet?page=2#ixzz2vfsPHp2g

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I just made these last night but was too lazy to toast the nuts and coconut. I made some changes using sweetened coconut, since I had it, and 1/4 cup coconut oil because I didn't have coconut butter. You will need a food processor to make this. Very good, not too sweet. Very good frozen or chilled.

Oops! Forgot to put the link http://food52.com/recipes/26710-no-bake-toasted-coconut-date-and-nut-bars
fabrianne

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I made cinnamon pear frozen yogurt last week. It really taste good. I found that recipe in allrecipes site.
SarahC

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
not sure if it's 100% healthy but i blend frozen bananas and coconut cream to make a sort of icecream. so great!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2014 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Fresh raspberries, frozen to make them last longer!

Later in the summer, I eat cherries til they go out of season.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yum those coconut truffles sound really good.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Made protein balls using Designer Whey powder, almond meal, coconut, coconut oil, honey and almond milk. Start with the dry ingredients and gradually add the others until you get the consistency of clay.
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I always wonder whether dark chocolate with good quality is a good choice
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |