Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Ageing Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi all-
I was telling my mum about this site yesterday, and she wants some cream for her face and neck. She is 49 and has never used much on her skin. does anyone have any recommendations? i haven't heard of at least half the brands available here. any help would be fantastic Very Happy
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I saw these products recommended on MSN Women, but haven't tried any of them. Maybe other forum members will be able to help...

For Lines:

1. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel ($30) contains a medley of skin-sloughing acids. It's a quick and effective first step for your skincare routine.

2. Dior Capture R60/80 Enriched Wrinkle Night Creme ($76.50) uses a lipopeptide to strengthen the skin. Since you need only a dab at night, one jar should last you a few months.

3. Avon Anew Clinical Deep Crease Concentrate with Bo-Hylurox ($32) contains wrinkle-relaxing Argireline, plus hyaluronic acid for intense hydration.

4. RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream ($19.99) features retinol (which is a retinoid) as well as an essential mineral complex for skin.

5. Nu Skin Tru Face Skin Perfecting Gel ($52) features kelpadelie, an antioxidant algae said to boost collagen and elastin without any irritation.

6. Dr. Brandt Crease Release ($150) employs gamma amino butyric acid complex, for softening facial muscles.

7. Biotherm Age Fitness Superactivated Revitalizing Essence ($40) is chock-full of olive leaf concentrate, a protective antioxidant, as well as exfoliating beta-hydroxy acids.

For Firmness:

1. Wei East Chestnut Extra Firming Cream ($2Cool uses soy and the natural sugar in honey to tone sagging skin.

2. Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Lifting Formula ($72) features hyaluronic acid and soy for a lifting effect and yeast for longer-term firmness.

3. Prada Beauty Reviving Bio-Firm Night Cream/Face ($125) uses yeast extracts to nourish and firm the skin.

4. Chanel Precision Ultra Correction Serum Restructuring Lift Complex ($95) targets the "triangle of youth" -- from the cheekbones to the tip of the chin -- with yeast extracts. Use it along with a special at-home facial massage created by Chanel (instructions are on the package).

5. YonKa Fluid Optimizer ($53) features hyaluronic acid, proteins, and plant extracts to lift and hydrate.

I plan to buy something for wrinkles (dont know which one will suit my dry skin though). Will keep u posted on results.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:58 am      Reply with quote
maddy - any idea what type of skin she has (dry, combo, oily, sensitive?) and what her main concerns are?
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy-

her skin is very good, is very lucky- i think is probably normal to dry skin, with very little wrinkles.

thanks for all your help girls
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
oops, sorry forgot to include main concerns.
i think she just wants some anti-wrinkle moisturiser for her face, probably just designed for normal skin. also perhaps an eye cream. thanks for that huge list sweet angel.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think a vitamin C serum at this stage would be more important for her than the actual choice of cream. I would go with a 10% vitamin C serum and a nice hydrating moisturiser over the top that also targets lines and firmness. Something like Decleor Vitaroma Lift Total cream, which is something that my mum has liked in the past. I'm sure you will get many great cream suggestions from others though.

In terms of eye cream, well I am very attached to my Cellcosmet Eye Contour cream. It's the best eye cream I have used so far, however it is a tad pricy (although it's double the size of the standard 15ml eye cream size). I found that Babor Sensational Eyes is also a really good eye cream and I'm currently really liking (although it's early days yet) the Pevonia Evolutive eye cream.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
have just read about the cellcosmet addiciton. thanks for all the advice girls
maddy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |