Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
High Carb Raw Vegan diet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:55 am      Reply with quote
This diet rocks but you need to be independent and aware that you will spend money for fruits.

You basically eat too much raw fruits and greens salads with minimal of nuts.

No vinegar,garlic,cocoa powder,salt and minimal herbs and spices.
Its like unlimited amounts of carbs from fruits and greens .

Results are great if you look at the internet.
I tried it for 2-3 days and it works for the skin.The skin clears.Seems to me that too much oil and undigested food and material from cooked food leads to problems.

A typical day of this diet can be:

Μorning- 5-8 oranges till full.

Lunch 10-15 bananas with dates.Can be made into smoothie with added water and coconut sugar/vanilla and drink till full.

Dinner-Low fat veggie recipe.Huge green salads with sauce.Minimally baked potatoes(many many of them).

Thing is you never get the full tummy of the cooked diet.You feel satisfied and light at the same time.I ate 3 HUGE potatoes with chilli sauce and didnt even felt full.But if i eat
too much baked potatoes with olive oil and salt i will get full stomach plus oily skin within an hour.

Anyone into this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
How do you end up with undigested food? If it isn't being digested, what exactly is happening to it? Also, I don't see much for protein in this diet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe what Panos really means is unabsorbed nutrients. Everything gets broken down or changed in the digestive tract in one way or another.

The diet appears to lack sufficient complete proteins. A small amount of nuts is not going to do it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
1 orange has 7% its nutrition in protein.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1966/2

The diet is 80 10 10 (carbs-fat-protein).

The only things that you dont get from this diet is selenium(1 brazil nut a day does it before bed,you take it like a pill ) ,vitamin d(so you have to go out to the sun-aka what nature intended) and b12.

Foods that are full in protein resulted in my case in dirty skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Foods that are full in protein resulted in dirty skin – what foods did that for you?

When people talk about proteins, often times what in essence we are discussing is amino acids (Proteins are made from long chains of smaller molecules called amino acids). Amino acids make up 75% of the human body, and are vital to every part of human function. One of the most talked about properties of amino acids is how it can assist in muscle building. Amino acids are boasted as the key ingredients in many body-building supplements, though the degree of success they achieve in that form is debatable. Careful attention to amino acids isn’t just for people who want to build muscle. Different studies have linked amino acid balances with fighting everything from depression to Fibromyalgia. The body is unable to store amino acids so you have to be getting it from foods.

So things like Goji Berries are fantastic (they’v got 8 of the essential aminos plus other goodies), but there are other fantastic vegetarian options too like soya and quinoa (these provide all 8 essential amino acids, and as such are complete proteins). The foods which commonly supply the most protein in a vegan diet are pulses (peas, beans, lentils, soya products), grains (wheat, oats, rice, barley, buckwheat, millet, pasta, bread), nuts (brazils, hazels, almonds, cashews) and seeds -sunflower, pumpkin, sesame. Also sea vegetables are awesome for containing aminos and minerals too.

Also one brazil nut isn’t usually sufficient for the recommended RDA for selenium. If anything I’ve heard recommendations of consuming one handful of brazil nuts a day for not just selenium RDA but also heart health and other benefits.

Oranges can be good for some bodies, but for others they produce a high blood sugar rise, which can then trigger off a chain of events that’s not so beneficial. I knew one person one time to go overboard with consuming oranges and orange juice and the actually turned the colour of their skin orange through over consumption of them. So like most things for me it’s a question of working with the body in a balanced and holistic way. Not all fats are equal and whats often missing from people’s diets is what is called Essential Fatty Acids, which are very different than Trans Fatty Acids, and the best sources for those by far are plant based products like flax seeds, linseeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and even coconut oil to some extent are all great EFA sources but again these need to be consumed with other food sources to really make the most of it.

Someone was once asking the question which is the best vitamin for antiaging, and in reality there isn’t one specific vitamin or mineral alone that will stop a person from aging, because vitamins and minerals not only work in a team within their own category, but also with other things like fats, water, minerals etc so trying to isolate one is pretty difficult and doesn’t take into account the fuller picture.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Yup everything is good. I dont buy into the stuff about demonizing foods.
Fruits are good.
Vegetables are good.
Cooked food is good.
Uncooked food is good.
Meat is good.
Grains are good.

I ve spent quite some time killing myself with the restrictions others preach.WTH is wrong with them?Are we killing ourselves?LOL!Fasting?!!!hahahaha

Just i still believe in not torturing animals.And by the time i eat again meat,i am sure will lose again some human qualities that are there even though i dont realise it now Smile

Thanks for the recomendation about quinoa.I had completely forgot about that one.And kelp is perfect as you say.There is something about the iodine in sea vegetables that makes you feel not full and satisfied at the same time.I love iodine.

You can track your diet here.
www.cronometer.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Well what others preach is usually based on their own experiences, and that’s useful information, and it is helpful to have different viewpoints.

Wheat and dairy are very challenging for some people and often effect their energy levels, etc without them even realising the culprit is the food they are eating.

Like most things, it is about learning what is right for your own body and striking a healthy balance so you consume sufficient nutrients and also still enjoy your food.

Eating meat is where you are creating a block around and that’s cool to just be aware of. I am also against torturing animals, but also know some people have high stomach acid production that needs to be broken down by meat consumption otherwise the body will not get rid of the acid in time and it will cause damage on the way out. Also some people’s body’s get very sick if they do not eat meat too and so each and every case is unique and different.

Quinoa can be prepared and goes well with so many different things so it’s a great one for many people and most don’t have a hard time digesting it. Sea vegetables are awesome not just for iodine – but because they are power packed with a variety of things. Iodine is only one that’s well marketed at this moment in time, but its not by any means the only one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Americans and Japanese get much more iodine than Europeans yet Europeans have a lower rate of thyroid disease according to this articl.http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=18119
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I current eat low-fat raw vegan (all fruits + 3/4 lb of greens/day) for 3 out of 4 meals a day. I have one meal a day of cooked vegetables, usually root veggies or legumes or something like quinoa with veggies.

I love it! It does wonders for the skin and how I feel.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
The fructose lowers stress hormones which is probably a good thing. 80/10/10 is generally too low in protein though to do long term. Protein is necessary for cellular repair. Low protein diets lead to hormonal imbalances like estrogen dominance (the liver needs glutathione from protein to detox) which causes a variety of health problems. 80/10/10 does prove that high sugar is great for weight loss though.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I try to do a raw food diet at least most of my intake and it's hard. I need to drop about 10 lbs. Every since I got back from France a little over a month ago, I've stopped working out and have just stuffed my face....oops Laughing

Thought I'd try this to get myself back on track again.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |