Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Antiwrinkle pillow~
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hello all~

Not that 5 month old lets me sleep long enough to probably do much damage, but does anyone believe wrinkles are deepened by the position in which you sleep?

If so I'm screwed. I try to sleep on my back but inevitabley end up curled in a ball on my side, with my face mashed in my pillow.

So here's this overpriced pillow that claims it is specially designed to keep this from happening..... hmm Any thoughts??

Btw, I am truly glad I stumbled across this forum. I love it. I don't have much to offer,but browsing others' posts has become one of my favorite things to do

Thanks~
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ajax,

I have read about a pillow that prevents the wrinkles and marks that a regular pillow would leave on your face when you wake-up. That kind of pillow doesnt get rid of regular wrinkles though.

HTH!
Aga
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this one:
http://www.beautypillow.com/

I haven't really got the hang of sleeping on it though, mostly I use it under my neck when I'm on my back reading.

Liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Freefall!(and Aga, for responding) This one is definitely cheaper than the one I saw for $50. It's different though. I have to get the site for the one i saw. The one you got does look a little, well, awkward!! Is it comfortable? I don't know if it is worth it. But it makes sense that wrinkles could get deeper if you press your face in a pillow night after night.
I'll keep researching~
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I definately get long deep creases the start under my eyes and travel diagonally up the side of the head, where my cheek is squashed in my pillow. Ive tried sleeping on my back which is quite difficult but I have seen a huge difference, the crease disappears, just leaving the normal ones Sad
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to write a review on this one but I don't think I can judge it fairly. I've had 2 bad whiplash injuries and it is almost impossible for me to get comfortable on any pillow. I do use it a lot and I'm glad I bought it but I'm not really using it to save my face from sleep wrinkles.

When I'm up in Vancouver this summer I'm going to get one of these:
http://www.mybackstore.com/mbs.asp?Page=products.asp?promo=302009
Maybe it will support me enough to let me sleep on my back. On normal pillows if I try to sleep on my back my legs are the only things that go to sleep!

Liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I heard silk/satin pillow case can reduce wrinkles too

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I've heard that too (satin pillowcase). Not sure why, though. I figure I would end up ruining it pretty quickly with all the stuff I put on my face at night!! Have you tried it? Maybe I can find a cheap one!

I'm with you Cindi, I have "pillow face" when I wake up. Wonder if one of these pillows will help reduce the puffiness under my eyes as well.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
BTW, the one I was looking at was atwww.savemyface.com.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I have been using my tempur pedic pillow with satin pillowcase for over 5 years now, I USED to get pillow face in the morning but not anymore. So I can tell for sure it helps with that, but as far as wrinkles, don't know, I am sure it helped too....

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:27 am      Reply with quote
thanks, diderot......that helps. I think I may invest. I'll share results if I decide to get one.

Lisa
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I use a pillow called Therapeutica from Canada. It is actually designed for people with neck problems, but I find it supports my face better. I use a satin pillowcase on it.

But there is an Aussie company that makes a pillow called The Dove Pillow and it is supposed to be good http://dovepillow.com/
The company makes a whole heap of therapeutic pillows, including another type of satin beauty pillow too.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use a pillow for neck support "Mid-Core Pillow". I am finding that it also helps me from rolling my face to the side. Very comfortable pillow. If you sleep on you side you sleep on the end of the pillow which is nice and firm and your face doesn't sink into it. Since I have started using this pillow I can't sleep without it (mainly for neck tension). My Chiropractor recommend this to me. I paid about $20.00 more. Hope mine is highter quality. Shock

http://www.painreliever.com/cor131.html
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
ah-HA!!!!! Thanks winnie....this is the one! (I think). I noticed there are about three different pillows, all which look approximately the same. May i ask which specific one you use? My credit card is warming up as I type! Thanks in advance!

Lisa
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Wait....I think I know which one now. Had to reread your post. Wow, they really get you on the shipping. That's OK. Still cheaper than the others I saw and it looks really good! I'll let you know when it comes Very Happy
Much thanks again!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:29 am      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
ah-HA!!!!! Thanks winnie....this is the one! (I think). I noticed there are about three different pillows, all which look approximately the same. May i ask which specific one you use? My credit card is warming up as I type! Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Model: COR120
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, I'm going to give that one a try too. Did you order it in soft or firm density?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
freefall2 wrote:
Winnie, I'm going to give that one a try too. Did you order it in soft or firm density?

I got mine at my Chiropractor's office. My pillow is firm. It really depends on what you are used to. I would check the net and see what site has the best shipping rates.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Ajax, I'm sure you know that constantly making contortions with one's face is the main reason people get Botox and wear sunglasses so they don't squint. This does not end with sleeping. If you sleep on one side of your face, you are essentially grimacing for 8 straight hours - and over the years, will likely have the lines/creases/wrinkles to show for it.

An extra tidbit: I've heard more than one dermatologist joke that he can tell what side a woman sleeps on the second she walks into his office. Please sleep on your back! Smile
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Is there a way to force oneself to sleep on their back? I just can't seem to do it (she says with a smushed face Embarassed .) I did purchase a silk sleep pillowcase, but it makes me hot, it just doesn't stay cool like good old-fashioned cotton. Any suggestions on back sleeping training would be appreciated! Joani
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
My Mom conditioned herself to sleep on her back by crossing her hands over her belly with her finger tips tucked inside the waistband of her jammies.
For those of us that sleep nekkid, maybe a strip of duct tape?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love it!
Duct tape!
Isn't it the answer for everything Wink
Channy

Thu May 05, 2005 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
wrinkles are cause by muscle stimulation and loss of elasticity. Your facial muscles are at most relaxed while sleeping (cause for druling) no pillow on earth will give you pre-mature or for that matter any aging wrinkles.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Channy wrote:
wrinkles are cause by muscle stimulation and loss of elasticity. Your facial muscles are at most relaxed while sleeping (cause for druling) no pillow on earth will give you pre-mature or for that matter any aging wrinkles.

My mother, no longer with me, had no wrinkles on one side of her face yet many on the side she slept on (really started showing in her sixties). My derm. told me he could always tell by a womans face what side she slept on. It might not start showing until you are in your fifties but eventually it does show. I have a special pillow mainly because of neck pain. However, I can't sleep unless I roll on my left side. I am old Laughing Laughing and the left side of my face is not as youthful as the right. So, if you are really concerned about an even looking face Shock sleep on you back or get a pillow that has firm support when on your side. I use the Mid Core Pillow.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Funny you should post this Winnie.... I was thinking last night when I went to bed I should review my new midcore pillow, since it's been a few weeks now that I've had it.

It is a very nice pillow. However, I can see now that no pillow is going to make it easier to sleep on my back! I tried!! It LENDS itself to sleeping on your back, but I always ended up grabbing another pillow to put in the middle(where there is a little "hole" for your head to nest in)so I could roll comfortabley back on my side. Crying or Very sad

Oh well....maybe after my baby starts sleeping through the night I will try again. Right now sleep (wrinkle causing sleep or not!) is a hot commodity and not to be messed with!
Thanks for your replies~
Lisa

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |