Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I Am So Sad!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I was very shocked and extremely saddened to learn that four, young police officers were shot & killed yesterday in Rochfort Bridge, Alberta yesterday. http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/03/03/rcmpalert050303.html Violence in the media is something that we hear of every day, and I am personally desensitized to this.

Whenever I hear of policemen dying on the job, this upsets me. My Dad is a former member of the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), and worked the crazy job of under-cover drug squad member in Windsor, Ontario/Detroit, Michigan, as well as Customs & Excising in Toronto. I have a naturally affinity towards police officers - be they city police, RCMP, FBI, or whatnot.

I feel absolutely sick over yesterday's news, and I'm sure that many of my fellow Canadians do too. These shootings are unprecedented, horrible, and so very shocking.

Please take a moment today to pause and think of these men, and be thankful of the roles that policemen (everywhere) take in our lives. God bless and keep them.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/03/03/canada.shooting.reut/index.html
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
This is so, so sad. RCMP members put their lives on the line every day, I couldn't imagine the worry I would have if my husband did this job. I worry enough that he works in an industrial environment and I've quit the construction business myself now that I have a child, it's too dangerous.

These deaths are just so senseless, to say the least.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Extremely upsetting news. Pray More peace...less violence.
Martigirl
5% products discount

Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
That is so very sad, a lot of my family are police officers including my brother. My cousin is a sheriff in Vancouver and his wife has recently joined the police there, so it's something close to my heart too.
God bless and keep them and their families
Caspers Mum

Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
This is so, so sad. RCMP members put their lives on the line every day, I couldn't imagine the worry I would have if my husband did this job. I worry enough that he works in an industrial environment and I've quit the construction business myself now that I have a child, it's too dangerous.

These deaths are just so senseless, to say the least.

My Dad used to be an under-cover agent, and some of the stories that I've heard are down-right freaky! Not to mention his scuzzy-looking attire that he used to dress in: long, greasy hair, Fu-manchu mustache, slime-ball clothes, and cuban heeled cowboy boots (to kick-in doors). He dressed the role of a buyer, not a dealer. This was the early-mid 70's along the border in Windsor/Detroit (crazy place to be). If you've ever seen the Jason Patrick movie "Rush", this would give you a good idea of what my Dad's work involved. Eeeek! Even crazier: he and his colleagues were really, really young (22-27) when they were doing this work. Young wives, babies at home (myself and Jordan). My Mum said she was terrified constantly. She couldn't even tell neighbours what my Dad did for work, and sometimes wouldn't know where my Dad was for days. (again, under-cover) He's been shot at, watched a partner be blown-up in a car, and had his face pulverized while making a bust in a Detroit biker-bar. Nice. (not really) I often wonder how my mother stayed sane, and likewise of my father! A unique, interesting career, my father had, indeed.

No, he is not a police officer anymore. We were transferred to Toronto in 1977, and my father was involved in Customs & Excising. Not as dangerous as drug-squad, but not very nice either: kiddie ------------ imports, etc. We were to move to Ottawa in 1981, so my father could work in a federal position/CISCS, but that was cancelled at the last moment. Too much bureacracy, and he left the Force, moving us to B.C.

He is, of course, very upset by the news of these young officers' deaths - knowing the work, and as a father, knowing that the officers were about the same ages as my brothers and I. Senseless deaths.

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/theprovince/news/story.html?id=127dc541-16ea-4e79-9062-9fbde0a834fb

http://www.rcmp.ca/news/n_0506_e.htm

Handsome men, hey? Note: those are dress uniforms only. They only wear these for ceremonial occasions.
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sad I am also very upset by this news. I have many members of my family that were in police enforcement and also judges. I did not read the links so I am not up to date on if these officers had families. I wasn't going to post any time soon but I feel that this is a post I would like to help with. As I have said before I like to help as many people as I can. Especially in this case where the loss of life for people who help and protect us is shocking. I would like to donate or try to start some sort of fund raiser for these officers families. Please pm me if the officers had families or children, wives etc. I will give a percentage of sales to the fallen officers families, not on future sales but what we have already done. I would also like to start a small fund raiser with other business owners I am friendly with to try and get them to help in any way they can. Alot of times people that "have" forget to help the people who are in need. I will make it a priority to have something positive come out of this tragedy. I am not speaking as a "REP" or anything else other than a concerned person.
All the best to the people involved and to a good thread that can bring people together in a position to help.

Sincerely
Ian

Caspers Mum wrote:
I was very shocked and extremely saddened to learn that four, young police officers were shot & killed yesterday in Rochfort Bridge, Alberta yesterday. http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/03/03/rcmpalert050303.html Violence in the media is something that we hear of every day, and I am personally desensitized to this.

Whenever I hear of policemen dying on the job, this upsets me. My Dad is a former member of the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), and worked the crazy job of under-cover drug squad member in Windsor, Ontario/Detroit, Michigan, as well as Customs & Excising in Toronto. I have a naturally affinity towards police officers - be they city police, RCMP, FBI, or whatnot.

I feel absolutely sick over yesterday's news, and I'm sure that many of my fellow Canadians do too. These shootings are unprecedented, horrible, and so very shocking.

Please take a moment today to pause and think of these men, and be thankful of the roles that policemen (everywhere) take in our lives. God bless and keep them.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/03/03/canada.shooting.reut/index.html
Sad
Caspers Mum

Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/03/08/funeral-schiemann050308.html

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1110286409992_1/?hub=TopStories

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=99fb5108-964d-427c-9c76-347ab5e2f57chttp://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/03/10/rcmp-memorial050310.html
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |