Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
janson-beckett okusil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I may not be using this product properly. I use it all over the eye and noticed sudden dryness and lines in that area. I read the bottle and it DOES say it's for use under the eye. Anyone else have this problem? Can I use the AD instead on the lid. I like the firmness but don't need NEW wrinkles Sad BTW I do use and eye cream over it -kinerase. I may need sonething richer-skinceuticals eyebalm has gotten some raves over at MUA but at $95, I'd like to hear from someone on this board if they've tried it. Thanks
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have experienced drying and creping too under the eyes. Im devastated. Im going to carry on with the Okusil for now and put something else over it and hope it recovers. If not, then its the end of my love affair with Okusil.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, not you too!! Sad I'm going to try it exactly according to instructions-which isn't supposed to be DIRECTLY under the eye area, unless I'm not reading correctly. How about the AD; can that one go directly under and over eyes?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure Winnie will answer here but I know that if I don't top off my Relax-A-Line with moisturizer, I can have the same effect. These products that contain acetyl hexapeptide and hyaluronic acid seem to be slightly drying. Though the muscle relaxant effect is wonderful, the drying on some from the AH-3 isn't so great, is it? However, I do find that dotting moisturizer on top tends to alleviate the dryness.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Marina I put it right underneath the eye lashes, I also use the alphaderma too all over, including the eyelids. Im so disappointed. Ive got some little bottles of Dermalogica skin hydrating booster and Im using that under the eyes on top of the Okusil and putting the Dermalogica Skin Hydration Mask on under the eyes every morning (whilst still in bed). Im hoping to turn it round, my eyes look worse than they did before Sad Ive been so unhappy this week with a few things, last night I just ordered the cellcosmet in a fit of rebellion.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was using a moisturizer-the kinserase. Maybe THAT isn't helping, although it's not drying when I use it alone. Maybe I need something with pure moisture w/out any special 'anti-aging ingredients that could be iritating and drying in combination. Cindi, the cellcosmet should fit the bill. Maybe the prep is too drying. Cindi, were you using that under & over the eye as well?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
yes I used the prep all over, just close my eyes and sweep it all over. I tend to use too much, I need to pump a little softer. Then I out the Okusil under the eyes and then the AD. Only now Im using the hydrating booster too. Hell I hope the cellcosmet works,I dont do things lightly, I should have bought the sample back first but that would be too smart. I am trying to drink more water too. I have been stressed lately and I dont suppose that helps. Ive never had dryness before, not really. I thought I had combination skin but I would say its pretty normal. i count myself lucky when I read about everyone elses problems.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think that you are perhaps using too much of this stuff? I would imagine that you need just the tiniest drop between both eyes. Certainally the AH3 and HA would create a dry flakey look if you use too much.

See, this is where a JB sticky would come in handy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think some times I have used too much product cause its gone all bobbly underneath my jawline and I could rub it off like a face mask. I need to guage the right amount better, the products will last longer too. Im still waiting for my Vitamin C serums to come yet, so I hope they will help. My days of quick deliveries have now ended.

Are you watching Celebrity Fame Academy Guapa?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
no...to busy transcribing interviews for my dissertation ... Honest! Angel

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
and doing a bit of browsing eh...

You forgot to mention what dark uninhabited corner of the earth you are tucked away on.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=13777/Primacy_Eye_Balm/Skinceuticals/Skincare_-_Face/

If all else fails, I'm getting this stuff to put on top of okusil-at my age I can't afford new crepiness Confused
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
detailed directions in the lounge love!

I think that Re the okusil, as well as using too much, you are putting it too close to the eye area. I always understood that eye stuff kinda 'migrates' which is why you shouldn't use to close to the lash line. It works it's own way down. If it is any help, I use eyebright, which is I think a simelar type of serum. I use the tiniest dropon my fingertip and then press against my other finger and pat it on the eye area. That way I'm only using half a small drop on each eye.

If you don't want it though I'll buy it off you! I want to try it!
Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=13777/Primacy_Eye_Balm/Skinceuticals/Skincare_-_Face/

If all else fails, I'm getting this stuff to put on top of okusil-at my age I can't afford new crepiness Confused

What age are you Marina. I think truly the only way for great eyes is surgery. I watched Cherie Hewison have surgery the other night and thought she was not only great for taking the plunge, but being a celeb, doing it so publically. That said, I will never be able to afford surgery or have the courage. And I would only do eyes......
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sad 49 this April. I usually have trouble when I'm approaching the decade mark.I was spastic when I turned 30. Crying or Very sad
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Never give up hope Marina, there has to be something out there that can spare us. It is just your eyes that trouble you. Did you use the unmentionable (Vitamin C) Rolling Eyes
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
May I suggest if you are having a problem with dryness and fairly new to Okusil:

For first week Okusil once a day every other day.

Second week once a day everyday.

Third week twice a day.

You can use Prep under Okusil but Prep is not recommended for the lids. Tap your product gently around the eye bone (do not massage in). Very little Okusil and Prep is needed as it spreads nicely. If necessary use an eye cream of your choice over Okusil.

Yes AlphaDerma can be used around the eye bone. Again, tap gently and to not massage in.

Hope this helps,
Winnie
JB
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
wave Hi Winnie, good to see you back.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie Smile Cindi, the unmentionnable C is the only thing I would never give up --except maybe for Prevage-luckily it's not available in Canada and my credit card is safely tucked away for now.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
detailed directions in the lounge love!

I think that Re the okusil, as well as using too much, you are putting it too close to the eye area. I always understood that eye stuff kinda 'migrates' which is why you shouldn't use to close to the lash line. It works it's own way down. If it is any help, I use eyebright, which is I think a simelar type of serum. I use the tiniest dropon my fingertip and then press against my other finger and pat it on the eye area. That way I'm only using half a small drop on each eye.

If you don't want it though I'll buy it off you! I want to try it!
Liz Cool

Liz,

Totally agree. Eye products do have a way of absorbing into the tissue and covering an area much larger than what we put it on Shock . I use very little product around my eyes. Less is better.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Thanks Winnie Smile Cindi, the unmentionnable C is the only thing I would never give up --except maybe for Prevage-luckily it's not available in Canada and my credit card is safely tucked away for now.

About C. Are you aware that C is also drying???? Please be careful if you are dry. I do use a vit. c serum. When I first started using it around my eyes my eye swelled up. First of all I used too high a percentage. If you are dry now using the Okusil I advise before you introduce the C you try what I suggested. When all is sorted out after a few weeks introduce the C s l o w l y.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, Ive been using the Okusil for around 4 weeks now so I dont really want to reduce the application in terms of once every few days, but I will try and be less handy with the pump.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Winnie, Ive been using the Okusil for around 4 weeks now so I dont really want to reduce the application in terms of once every few days, but I will try and be less handy with the pump.

Cindi, as I can remember you said you were dry right now. Why don't you use the Okusil during the day for a week and just a cream at night. We are all so different and have to adjust our skin care routine to our particular needs. If my eye area was dry you bet I would adjust things around. I really think you would be happy with the results and then could use the Okusil twice a day with eye cream over at night.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie, I may just give this a try. Where are you Winnie, are you still away, are you having trouble sleeping again or have you switched time zones.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, not to worry-the only thing that's dry is my eye area and I don't uses c there -I'd need another face to apply everything! The rest of my face is on the oily side. By the way, right now I use ACDH first and the vit. c on top-my face feels comfortable. Is that fine or should I apply the c first? thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |