Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Need Advice on Non-Invasive Procedures for My Sagging Skin!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Yochi

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,
I am in a beauty panic here, and would love some opinions from you wonderful, educated people on what direction I should go with the money and time that I have to work with, to address my sagging skin.

First of all, my problem is that I look like absolute Hell!
I have just gone through a long nightmarish divorce, and the stress of the last 2 1/2 years has taken an unbelievable toll on my mind and body!

Also, 3 years prior to my separation, I had lost 60lbs on Weight Watchers and was proud that I had kept it all off until the break-up had me heading for the Hagen Das again. Up to then I had been thrilled with my healthy lifestyle and body, except for the loose belly skin, bat wings, and older looking face and neck from the weight loss.

NOW: In three to four months I am leaving South Florida to start my life over on the west coast at 50 years old. I SO do not want to arrive looking 10 years older than I am, seeing old friends, looking for a job, etc. . .

My main concern is loose skin, jowls, bad eye bags and drooping eyelids (my eyes are just terrible). I don't have too many wrinkles, and although my skin is a little blotchy, it's the sagging that is what I am desperate to address.
I am back on WW and will be losing at least 30 lbs before my move, and even though I will be eating fresh food and working out, the sagging will be worse than ever.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money or the time to have quality cosmetic surgery, but I think I want to try Thermage, or Ultherapy, or one of the other external treatments that are out there now. But there are SO MANY, and the more I go down the internet rabbit hole on this the more confused I get. On Friday I have an appointment to have a little botox for 11's and browlift and will be consulting with the doctor on my issues, but I don't want to just be sold on what he has to offer if there is a more effective treatment out there.

Can you guys please help me???
Sad
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yochi,
I would check out realself.com. Lots of reviews on every cosmetic procedure you can imagine! I don't think that you will find any consensus on EDS as to what works (except for surgery) for sagging skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried facial exercises?

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yochi, congratulations on starting a new life!!

I agree with the facial exercises but that takes time and commitment. I do CarolynsFacialFitness and there are some free exercises on the website to get started with. There are other programs of course.

Weight Watchers is fine but IIRC they advocate sugar substitutes. Cleaning up your diet and drinking green smoothies,lots of pure filtered water, and getting rid of dairy, gluten, soy, sugar and sugar substitutes, peanuts and corn will do a lot to make your skin glow. It also helps with belly fat, not sure if thats a concern.

I love my SQOOM ultrasound/galvanic device with my various serums for overall glow and elimination of lines and sag of the skin. In just under a month of nightly use Im noticing my skin is plumper and smoother. Again: time and commitment but in the long run cheaper and more beneficial than Botox or fillers.

Hope this helps a little and good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
have you looked into skin rejuvenation lasers? they tighten skin - although i don't know if it is permanent. apparently it is about $200 a visit, for like three visits to tighten for a good long time. not sure how much you have to spend?

look into it maybe.
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yochi

I too have Sqoom and would also recommend it for plumping and some lift. I also have ReAura fractional home laser. While ReAura is fab for radiance and pigmentation issues I don't consider so good for sag. The best non surgical treatment for lift around the eyes I have found is Caci in salon. But that does require monthly top up visits.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations on your weight loss! That is my struggle right now and I am happy someone made it Smile
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently looking into non invasive procedures like Venus Freeze. They have pretty good reviews on realself.com

If you have groupon at where you're at, sometimes salons do have promotions for these treatments.
Rebecca12

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:37 am      Reply with quote
After losing weight, I did have some excess skin left over but I noticed that facial exercises made a difference. I also make sure to apply enough Vitamin C and D onto my skin to bring back some of the elasticity. I have heard good things about the aforementioned skin rejuvenation lasers and if you have the finances needed, I would look into that as well (maybe a combination of the two)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |