Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Water-free sunscreen removal method (Vaseline/Cold Cream?)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blissedthistle

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
The water is hard in my rented home, so I really dislike using the water here. The only time I get tapwater on my face is during showers with the shower filter installed (I shower every 2-3 days).

I don't wear anything other than physical sunscreen with foundation to tint it. I was wondering if one or two applications of Vaseline, Cold Cream, or Albolene followed by spritzing and wiping down with distilled water (or toner) would completely remove my "make up"?

I am also open to using facial wipes, but a lot of them seem to have so many potentially irritating ingredients. I just want something very simple and basic. I am trying to avoid "herbal" ingredients on my face.

Am I being dirty by not using flowing water and a cleanser? A lot of cleansers leave me irritated and dry, and they don't really seem to clean anyway. I hate it. Sad
The vaseline regimen is treating me well so far, but it's only recently I began using sunscreen with foundation so I don't know if the makeup will slowly build up.

Thanks ladies ^^
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:09 am      Reply with quote
You could try the oil cleansing method instead of Vaseline - the most basic mix is 1/2 olive, 1/2 castor for normal skin. Those with oily skin might use more castor; those with dry skin, more olive.

Basic formulas:

Normal 1/2 castor oil, 1/2 olive oil

Dry 1/4 castor oil, 3/4 olive oil

Oily 3/4 castor oil, 1/4 olive

Gently massage the oil into your skin, wait a minute or so, then wipe off with a hot cloth. Most say you should lay the cloth over your face and let it steam but I don't bother with that, the oil cleans out my pores well enough.

There is a thread on OCM; if you're interested you should do a search for OCM or oil cleansing method.

I sympathize with you; I couldn't live without my daily shower. I LOVE the feel of hot water on my skin. I would have to move!

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I used to oil-cleanse, and I didn't like it. It was runny and the oils didn't help keep my break-outs down. I still had blackheads when I used to OCM. Plus, I am actually trying to avoid "natural" plant stuff as much as possible in my daily regimen.

Vaseline keeps the break outs to a minimum so I rather stick with that if I have to choose between vaseline/cream and OCM.

Is OCM supposed to completely clear your face of any makeup?
I am assuming however that if OCM works, vaseline and cold cream should work too because they're similar ideas? Cold cream should probably work the best because it's an emulsion of water and oil, so it would be removing junk that is both water and oil soluble; similar to why soap is so effective in washing stuff away.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I think Cetaphil can be used without water. massage on and wipe off.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |