Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Joan Collins skincare, fragrance, makeup launched on QVC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Interestingly, she learned her makeup techniques from Marilyn Monroe's makeup artist, Whitey Snyder.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2583398/Joan-Collins-launches-QVC-make-range.html
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I saw her on qvc uk at night ( couldn't sleep so was trawling the TV!) it was a good show. I really like her, to the point I ended up buying her flick
eyeliner kit, and her foundation.
The eyeliner brush is very fine and even I can use it, which says a lot as I can be very uncoordinated when I try to do that eye flick.
The pencil is really nice it is very very long not too harsh on my lids or on the lower lid, it is easy to sharpen its wood so sharpens like a proper pencil. I love both of them and am using them even when I am not going out. Practise makes perfect Rolling Eyes

For the foundation I bought the warm medium I have rather sallow olive skin and trying to find the
right shade isn't easy. Most make me look white and ashy or orange and like an ummpa lumpa!

So far I like the foundation , it is light and feels nice on my skin still a little too light but
for the winter I can get away with it, in the summer I think it will be too light.

Oh I also got her perfume too Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

Initially i thought it was a awful, like a cheap old style one but on the dry down it settled into a good warm smell. Funnily enough on the next time I tried it there was none of that first awful smell, don't know why maybe it was the way my skin reacted but now I like it. It for me at least doesn't last all day, and I need another spritz maybe even two throughput the day. It is sort of oriental but not in your face, reminds me slightly of Taboo. I don't love it as much as I love Botega Veneto, or Balenciaga, or ( sorry my spelling!) or Acqua di parma iris nobile but it will do for me for every day.

Sorry for the ultra long ramble!!!
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I was curious about the fragrance. Sounds lovely and warm, not cool and crisp, if it's like Tabu from years ago. I used to wear it and can barely recall the smell.

Someone commented in the Daily Mail article that Joan piled on the makeup. That is her image. She never pretended to be a country girl. I think that is one reason her skin is still so good. The makeup protected it from the sun. I think she had a facelift, of course, but surgery cannot change the texture of your skin. I met her during Dynasty days and even though she had full face makeup for the meeting, you could see that her face was smooth and unlined. This was before Botox! She also wore a very big black and white sun hat and matching black and white sundress and black and white pumps. Very old school movie star look. Love her!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I agree with all of that! She does look good even for being in her 80s! And if she has had that face lift the surgeon did a great job she doesnt look false, and yes her trademark has always been full on make up even she admits that, it certainly has protected her skin. Yes I love her too welcome to the Joan Collins groupie club Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, if I look as good when I am her age, I will be pretty chuffed!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I met her 20 years ago and she is very wrinkly, but a very beautiful woman.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Probably because botox wasn't invented yet. No wrinkles now when she smiles.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Her sister Jackie too is pretty cool! I love how they are comfortable in their sexuality. And a sense of humour helps too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |