Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Okusil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm an eye product junkie (ok ok I'm an all kinds of skincare products junkie...lol) and, although I don't much of a problem with lines, I have had slightly hooded eyelids since I was a kid and I'm always looking for a good firmer. Plus, lack of sleep, allergies, and just general stress sometimes leave me with dark circles....

When I order JB's skin prep and alpha derma, the okusil sounded good, so I went ahead and ordered that as well. That was in early January. I used it over the skin prep and then applied the alpha derma all over....

After a few weeks, I started to notice lines that I never had before and the area under my eyes was downright crepey.

I wasn't sure that the Okusil was the cause, and I wasn't prepared to give up. I tried everything - I started to use Vit C but it continued to get worse. It was visually better when I used my Sisley Botanical Eye Balm over it, but when my skin was clean the lines were very very noticeable.

I gave it almost 2 months before abandoning it. Right now, I'm still using the Vitamin C (and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Vivier C serum I ordered) - something I had abandoned for a time. In addition, I'm using the Skin Medica TNS Eye Uplifting Gel twice daily and the Decleor Hydrotenseur at night.

I'm happy to say that after less than a week, the crepey look is gone and my eyes have been looking good. WHAT a relief!!!

I'm happy with my other JB products but the Okusil was really just a disaster for me. AND, I have oily skin. I'm not certain what it is in there that caused the problem, but I suspect that it would be even more of a problem for someone who has dry skin to start with.

Just proves that not everything works for everyone!!!
Mabsy

Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you and me have a few things in common - at least on the eye product junkie front anyway Smile

I'm sorry this didn't work for you. I've started using Okusil just recently and I'm happy to report that I have no problems with any lines. It sounds like what you're describing are dehydration lines particularly since they get better when you put moisturiser over it. Well, I'm not sure about that but that's what it sounds like. I actually do use a cream over the Okusil but the few times that i have tried it without I didn't feel overly dry. My mum has dry skin and she uses this, however she also uses the JB skin prep which would help with hydration as well.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi katee, Ive given up my Okusil to. Better to have tried and lost than not have tried at all eh? Im going to use my La Prairie samples till my new eye cream comes and keep fingers crossed I get the desired results, i.e. look 10 years younger Laughing Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi, I tried okusil again according to Winnie's instructions-except I use it everyday.I don't put it or the prep on the eyelid, very little along the browbone and underneath not close to lashes and use cellcosmet over all-big difference. The crepiness and newly formed lines (dryness lines) are gone.My eyes are looking brighter and (most importantly) firmer. I know it's not just the cellcosmet (although it's good) because I've used it before. Smile
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Confused I use the prep the ADCE then okusil (not everyday) if I'm feeling dehyrated I'll add something over the top.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I found a new use for my Okusil. Thought I would pass it on for those using Okusil. You can see if you get the same results. After I wash my face I apply Okusil on my laugh lines any any forhead lines. I do not rub it in. I just pat it on and let it absorb on its own. Almost immediately I notice my smile lines plump up. The plumping seems to stay for most of the day. I have just started doing this the past week. Looking forward to seeing long term results. After the Okusil has absorbed I just continue with my regular skin care routine.

Winnie
JB
Jona
5% products discount

Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Shock I tried this after reading your post and it does have a significant plumping especially to my (11). I put it on quite heavy and just let it soak in after the Prep and AlphaDerma. I am also putting it on my ears (ad and Prep)massage really well Laughing. They are kind of saggy from wearing heavy pierced earings. Will let you know what happens.

Thank you for the tip. Very Happy

Jona
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |